Repeater Control - Displaying multiple pages of data

I have a question about the repeater control

I understand it's much more powerful to use a repeater over a gridview because you can implement any html you want along with the data you retrieve from a data source

My question is, how do you sort this data once you retrieve it when you use a repeater?  For example, if I'm retrieving 50-60 records in a grid view, i can easily set it to display only 10 records per "page" and it will create buttons automatically to navigate these records.

It also creates buttons that let you sort the data

How do I do this with a repeater?  (a link to a tutorial or downloadable example would be great, I can't find any)

-----
Silverlight Developer
Remember to mark any answers!
1
rozzeee

 Get it. Paging with Repeater   and Sorting in Repeater

Click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post is helpful.

ImranKhan pathan
0
impathan

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

Single page with multiple user web controls VS Multiple page with specific user web controls
I have a question regarding single page with multiple user web controls vs multiple page with specific user web controls   Option 1: I am of the opinion to have multiple pages with specific user web controls and use an object to store all the information as the user navigates through the application. And finally at the end, read this object and save all the information to the backend database.   Option 2: My respected team member suggests that we have only one page, with all the specific user web controls and not use an object, instead show/hide the user web controls based ...

Control of the page and the controls on a page
I am building a web app that has some pages that are public and some that are only available based on subscription. Could someone explain the best way (infrastructure wise) how to control whether a server control is visible or enabledand how to control whether a page is viewable or not based on the user and whether or not the user is logged in (or not). If a user is not logged in I would like some controls to be visible but disabled. I also have to control the URL's in case a person learnsthe URL and tries to type it in. My question is more towards how to do this database wise. I am u...

Calendar Control inside Repeater, Handling Child control events in parent Data Control
Hi all,I've been researching a problem i have for a couple of days now and i'm still not sure how to even start to handle it.I'm essentially trying to build a page that will display custom form fields/controls for individual items/rows inside a repeater.I've got a fairly complex calendar i need to have working inside each individual row of the Repeater. The calendar is set up to fire the following events: OnDayRender="Calendar2_DayRender" OnSelectionChanged="Calendar2_SelectionChanged" OnVisibleMonthChanged="Calendar2_VisibleMonthChanged"My first question is how do i go about handling these...

Rating control: Multiple instances of user control with Rating control inside errors on Page
The Rating control errors when you use it within a user control that you have multiple instances of on the same page. Assertion Failed: Duplicate use of id "Rating1_RatingProperties" for object of type "AtlasControlToolkit.RatingBehavior".Microsoft MVP - Windows Live PlatformBlog: http://pietschsoft.com | Web.Maps.VE - ASP.NET AJAX Virtual Earth Control I am having the same problem trying to use the Rating control inside of a Repeater control. I tried to ad  a unique ID to each of the Rating controls but got the same results. Have you looked at the Rater control at krispwar...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?
i have 3 pages student information , i filled two pages ,then go to 3rd page . First Two pages iam having 100 controls.how to store that controls and how to send these controls into 3rd page in ?  There are a number of ways storing values. Check out: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75x4ha6s.aspxhttp://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive207.html Thanks,Karan~ Remember To Mark The Post(s) That Helped You As The ANSWER ~ Hi, Welcome to asp.net forums. Now as far as your requirements goes, the first thing that strikes me is that 100 controls are way too many to kee...

data presentation controls (how to call the individual controls)
Hi please help me.,i have this question., example i create a site with one control, like textbox. when i double click on the white page, the page load event, in the intellisense, the textbox is visible, but when a formview with a textbox inside, in the same page load event, intellisense, the textbox is not available. how can i do the simple intellisense calling where the textbox is just outside a data presentation control like formview. i mean by this intellisense calling is in VB code view., thanks JFRBPH12™  The textbox is within the formview then you can find it like this...

HOW TO FIND OUT WHICH DROPDOWN CONTROL WAS SELECTED LAST OUT OF SEVERAL ON THE PAGE AND THEN USE THAT CONTROL FOR PAGING IN THE DATA GRID
I have the following on my page: 1.DataGrid2. 3 Dropdown controls: 1 for filtering by date, 1 for filtering by category, and 1 for filtering alphabetically. The data grid shows the information when one of the items in one of the dropdown boxes selected. Here is the problem: I have included a code to find out which dropdown was selected based on it's id, or name in the paging event handler. However, since I have included code to handle paging for all 3 dropdowns it doesnt work correctly. when I included code for 2 drop downs it worked properly. What I meant&...

Repeater control in another repeater control

How to validate input data with a group of controls (not all control) in page?
I'm using Infragistic WebTab, Thanks, If this has to happen on the client-side (which sounds likely with tabs), Microsoft's validators cannot handle this. The action of validating is either the one that changed or all when "submit" occurs. Microsoft will introduce a fix for this in ASP.NET 2.0: validation groups. This feature will let you assign a group name to the "submit button" and its associated validators. Right now, you can get validation groups along with 22 validators, many more browsers supported on the client side, and a large list of improvements over M...

How to access page control (editor control) from user control?
Hi, I want to do something, but I don't know if it's even possible. I'm trying to make a simple application to edit my website. I have a page called editPage.aspx which contains an editor control. (cuteEditor from cutesoft) I also have a Treeview that dynamically populates my website structure. I placed this treeview in a custom control (populateTreeView.ascx) and placed it on the editPage.aspx page. When you click on a html file in the treeview (inside the custom control) I check if the file exists. If it does exists I send it to a class which retrieves the editable region within this ...

Visibility control of Panel control and its affect on data controls
Thought I would toss this out here this morning and perhaps someone else had run across the same issue and had found a good way to accomplish what I want. First let me state what I'm attempting to do and the problem that I've run into.  GridView1 has a collection of rows in a SQL table that I want to present to the user. I've provided them the options of sorting and selecting only from the GridView control.  Orgionally, I had created a detail view that was being presented in Edit mode and then customized the layout of the edit item template to suit my needs.&nbs...

Web resources about - Repeater Control - Displaying multiple pages of data - asp.net.presentation-controls

List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For these mammals, there is documented evidence of homosexual behavior of one or more of the following kinds: sexual behavior , courtship , affection ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

No charges for U.S. host for displaying high-capacity magazine on TV
NBC television journalist David Gregory won't face charges for displaying a high-capacity ammunition magazine on his "Meet the Press" news program ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Apple displaying Ferraris & other cars at WWDC hinting at CarPlay announcements
... 2014 Filed under: AAPL Company , iOS Continue reading more about AAPL Company and iOS at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple displaying ...