Query of Queried data

I am new to asp.net after working with coldfusion.  I have created a datagrid from a query of a sql database.  I am interested to know how can I create another datagrid which will process a query of the data in the original grid.  So essentually it is a query of a query.

 Thank you

0
uusquints

You want to filter on the result of the first query? The easiest way I can think of, is to put the data in a datatable, then use the select and dataview features of the datatable.
0
shados
10/19/2006 5:02:11 PM

Hi,uusquints

You can filter the datatable in the code-behind and bind the result to the 2nd datagird:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.datacolumn.expression.aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.dataview.rowfilter.aspx

Best Regards,
Sincerely,
Rex Lin
Microsoft Online Community Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with on warranties, and confers no rights.
0
rexlin

How to Query A Query
I have been trying to build a crosstab report that reports everydate within a selected range across the top and specific row information. 7/1 7/2 7/3 . . . Name Detail1 Detail2 Detail3 Name Detail1 What I get as output is only the dates that contain information in the rows. I can get the information I need by using a query within a query (nested). Can a nested query be done in Informaker 5? What about version 6 or 7? Thanks for your help Convert your SQL to syntax, and you can write anything you want. So if your DB support...

How to query a query...
I'm working on converting an Access DB that I created into an ASP.NET application (and attempting to learn ASP at the same time...). One of my queries was very complex and required running a different query first, and then working off of that one. Any suggestions on the best way to do this in ASP? The following is a sample of code I'm using so you can see the type of data-binding I'm using. Thanks for the help! myConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " +"Data Source=" + Server.MapPath("/EquipmentCheckout.mdb")) strS...

Query a Query
I have a result set in a query. Is it possible to query this query? (no specific SQL dialect, can it be done generically?) Petros -- PETROS GAVRIELIDES wrote: > I have a result set in a query. > Is it possible to query this query? > > (no specific SQL dialect, can it be done generically?) There is a generic answer to your question: Yes, there is a construct called a sub-query that allows you, in 1 SQL statement, to query from a query. But, generically speaking, not all DB engines support this construct. For instance, Firebird only added it just over a y...

Query about Queries
Hello all, As a relatively new user to Sybase I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. We are getting ready to go live with our database and I am wondering what types of queries I should be running for system performance purposes. If anyone has any suggestions they would be more than appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jerry ...

Excluding data in query based on other query
I hav two different access databases - one locally on the Web Server and one on a network share. Based on the query to the local db I want to limit the query to the remote db: The local db contains members with id:s which I want to exclude from the query to the remote db. Let's say if I find the id:s 2, 4, 5, 9, 11 in the local db. Now I want to query the remote db with a "select *" where the corresponding id:s should be excluded, namely my results should be id 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 and 10 - the id:s that aren't in the local db. Does it make any sense? I've put the id:s from...

passing data from controls to session then taking the data and writing custom sql queries to get data from the database
Hi, I'm making a property search. I want to get data from controls and store in a session object which saved in the session until remove or close the browser so on the next page I can take the data stored in the session and use it to write a custom sql query using vb.net or stored procedure to get data from the database and then display the date in the list of results page. Can anyone help with this or forward me to some tutorials that could help me. ThanksAndy Current project: Cycle round the world Heytry thissession["name"]=TextBoxName.Text; And in ...

Query Within A Query?
I have a table that looks kinda like thisTag         Info              SignOutDate1             Hi                   09/03/20051             Hi                   09/02/20051   &n...

Querying a Queried result...
Hi, is there such a thing as querying a queried result? Example, query 1 produces Result A. Result A's table is stored 'somewhere' to be queried by query 2 which produces Result B If there is, could you kindly direct me to a website with the appropiate article on this topic? Thanks, -Gabian- Yes there is, querying a View is querying a query rewrite. Send me an email the address is in my profile I will send you a Views tutorial I wrote a while back and run a search for query results from View in your BOL(books online) for code samples. Hope this helps. Kind regards, ...

SQLite query and AS in query
This is my code. {code} q := TSQLQuery.Create(nil); try q.SQLConnection := MainForm.sqlite1; q.SQL.Text := sql; q.Open; finally q.Free; end; {code} And this is my SQL select id as _id, name, note as description from notes q.Fields[0].FieldName is id, it should be _id q.Fields[2].FieldName is note, it should be description Is this normal or am I missing something Grega This is frustrating. I can't work at all. http://pretty-software.com/images/xe4.jpg Edited by: grega loboda on Jun 4, 2013 1:40 AM http://stackoverflow.com/question...

Having trouble querying a query?
I'm trying to transition my reports from Access 2000 into Infomaker 7.0 but I'm having trouble combining two queries together. In Access you had to option of pulling tables or queries as your data, I don't see this option in Infomaker, am I missing something. Thanks from a newbie... IM doesn't have this feature, since it adheres to general Ansi SQL standards. If you show me the Access query, maybe I can give you a workaround. Are you querying an Access DB or a different DB, e.g. Oracle? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your ...

Query and Sub-Queries
I have a SELECT statement that has two sub queries in it. The 'where' clause in the main query filters a TRADE_DATE field, for example: ...... where TRADE_DT >= '2003/01/01' and TRADE_DT <= '2003/01/31'. Since I only have one date field(TRADE_DATE), I want the sub-query to query where TRADE_DT <= '2003/01/31'. But its not working. I have to hard code the '2003/01/31'. Now I know I can make a dynamic view in VB, but an ideas of how I can do it in SQL? Here's my statement: select T.BROKER_SEQ_NO,B.BROKER_NAME,B.B...

Query Plan Query
We have a sql query that is causing a few issues in terms of performance as the optimisor is choosing to table scan where an index will certainly yield significant gains. As proven when snapshotting the query and adding an index hint manually. Unfortunatley since the query is dynamically created by a 3rd party application, we are unable to influence this with index hints and are dependant on the optimiser. The table that is table scanning is partitioned (has also hust been repartitioned to address a slight inbalance across partitions) and has 7.6M records. It has been recently r...

Query to Save Queries
Save SQL Statements in the Host SQL MENU??? Hi there, I want to add items to the pencil menu in the Host SQL page. Eg. "Save SQL Query". Could someone point me in the right direction on how to populate the pencil menus. Thanks in advance. If your interested read on : So the idea is to make the currently "empty" pencil menu contain a list of queries, hosts/DnnCommunity can click on & execute, rather than typing them in each time. ''in the page load of admin/portal/sql.ascx.vb ln: 57 I want to add this line of code If Len(Request.Params(&quo...

Web resources about - Query of Queried data - asp.net.presentation-controls

Coalition's jobs pledge queried
The Abbott government came up with its pledge to create 1 million jobs in five years solely on the employment growth rate achieved under the ...

Accounts queried in tax sweep
Prominent figures, secret companies, exotic locations: a leaked list of more than 500 Australians gives a startling insight into the tax affairs ...

HIV attitudes queried in British research
LESS than half of the British public understand how HIV is transmitted, and almost a third wrongly think they can get the AIDS visus from impossible ...

Bombers get ASADA report as AFL chief's trip is queried
Essendon officials have received the document that could decide the club's fate and will start to prepare a response to the findings of the investigation ...

Salesian report to sex probe queried
Salesian report to sex probe queried

Ambulance's tardy arrival queried
MAITLAND'S ambulance resourcing woes have again surfaced after onlookers said it took about 30 minutes for paramedics to arrive at the Rutherford ...

China emissions queried
China emissions queried

Australia's Antarctic bonanza queried
News analysis Australia has become the first country to be granted exclusive property rights in Antarctica, say experts, raising questions about ...

China Mobile rules queried
China Mobile rules queried Global Times China Mobile, the country's largest telecom operator, has been accused of unfair treatment of a Shanghai ...

South Africa: Marikana Crowd Control Queried
allAfrica: African news and information for a global audience