prevent other user from editing gridview, when one user edit the same row.

Hi

I have grid view in my web form. I need to prevent other user from editing, when one user edit the same row. Please give suggestions

0
rosesarered

 its impossible in the sense as we can't check real-time who else are going to take the gridview for editing simultaneously....those who edit and submit last, that data will be populated in the page.

Do remember to mark this as Answer if this fix your problem

Thanks & Regards
BinuKumar S
0
binukumar
6/30/2008 12:09:49 PM

Hi rosesarered ,

You can not prevent other user from editing.

But you can kown whether the record you are editing is changed by other user or not.

You can bind GridView to one objectDataSource control and set it's conflictdetection property to compareallvalues.

Have a look at this link: http://codebetter.com/blogs/david.hayden/archive/2005/11/14/134620.aspx

Samu Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Samu