Paging in AP.NET/VB.NET

Hi All,

Well... a simple problem perhaps regarding paging in an asp.net application using vb.net.

I have a datagrid named dgResult and being trying to implement paging on it.  Following is the code to capture the PageIndexChanged event.

Sub dgResult_PageIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DataGridPageChangedEventArgs) Handles dgResult.PageIndexChanged

dgResult.CurrentPageIndex = e.NewPageIndex

GetProperData()

End Sub

I have a break point at dgResult.Curre.... position.  The datagrid, just do not accept the method and I can not event trap the event using a break point.  I am primarily c# coder, and not sure whether there is some sort of a OnPageIndexChanged method that needs to be overriden in vb.net.

Can someone guide me through the paging process please?

Cheers,

Mal.

0
suhash

hi,

      what abt other events? i am sure, u should select the AllowPaging = True,then...did u try to stop at "item event".just place item event and set the breakpoing there,

    Private Sub dgResult_ItemCommand(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs) Handles DgHotel.ItemCommand
    label1.Text = e.CommandName  'just for testing - try to stop here.
End Sub

  if this doesnt work,then problem may be in ur control. delete ur PageIndexChanged Event and place that from the methods and paste ur codes again . And also, check ur Page_Load Event, particularly the coding outside the
  " If Not IsPostback Then
   End If   " block

0
Jeevi

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

convert c#.net page to vb.net
ok I have an entire page in vb.net and now I want to integrate some code from another page but it written in c#.net what is the easiest way to convert c#.net to vb.net I tried using www.kamalpatel.net/ConvertCSharp2VB.aspx but it only gave me errors here is what I am trying to convert let me know if you have any ideas http://www.nomorepasting.com/paste.php?pasteID=20953 With Alex Lowe's translator ' Messages Private NoFileMessage As String = "No file selected" Private UploadSuccessMessage As String = "Uploaded Sucess" Private NoImagesMessag...

Both C# ASPX pages and VB.NET ASPX in single VB.NET Web Applcation Template
Hi.. Is it possible to have both c# pages and VB pages in same Webapplication, what i chose is VB.NET Web application Template. With Thanks, Jaya.... I don't see why you couldn't, but for the sake of consistency I don't know why you would want to do this. When you choose a C# or VB.NET application template(I'm assuming you're using VS or WebMatrix), it simply creates a .aspx file that includes a page directive that specifies the page language. If you created a C# template but want to use VB.Net instead, you need to go from: <%@ Page Language="C#" .... to...

C#.NET or VB.NET

VB.Net To C#.Net

About VB.net And VC.net
I am always Programming With VB.net Recently My Teacher ask us to learn Vc or VC.net. I try to learn it and compare it with vb.net, I found it's much too complex than vb. However it is said vc is strongger than vb I want to know Why vc is strongger than vb? and is it hard too learn vc? I am new to asp.net Thanks for man who want to help me! Wuhan, Hubei, China Below links could give some info http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q308470Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti VisualC is not a language in an of itself...

vb .net or c# .net

Creating .Net custom server controls and .Net pages programatically
Thanks a lot for reading this and greatly appreciate your inputs I am writing a webinterface that lets users configure options that'll create an interface for them and generete the webpage. So I am having to programattically create custom server controls and .Net page with code behind to support the functionality. Are there APIs in the .NET SDK that let you do this. Any pointers would be greatly helpful Thanks a lot Sathya Controls on the fly? Or Create code on the fly? I think it is the latter so here we go - look at the following namespaces: * System.Reflection.Emit - gen...

.Net 2
Hi Friends, I want to show Different Tabs for different information on my web form ( .aspx page ). I could not found Tab Control with .net 2005. I know there is some but couldnt find it. Can you please tell me from where can I add Tab Control to my web form ? Thanks in advance, Nirav With some tedious settings of properties on the menu control, it will behave like a tab control.  Then you need to use a multiview control and fill it with views.  Then you need to wire up the menu to the multiview or something.  I tried this before and it works, but we wrote our own contro...

Web resources about - Paging in AP.NET/VB.NET - asp.net.presentation-controls

Paging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer operating systems , paging is one of the memory-management schemes by which a computer can store and retrieve data from secondary ...

Gang Gang: Paging Harry Hockley, the hero of Queanbeyan's 1915 fatal fire
On August 26, 1915, Harry Hockley ran into a burning house in Queanbeyan and snatched an 18-month-old child to safety. The child, Eunice Freebody, ...

Fortune 500 Issue Boasts Record Ad Paging
The economy may still be in recovery, but the indicators are good for Fortune magazine: this year's Fortune 500 has the most ad pages of any ...

Cloud-Paging Start-Up Numecent Emerges From Stealth, Spins Off Gaming Unit Approxy
... I’m told there are 107 individual shareholders in the company. So what does Numecent’s Technology do? It calls its technology “cloud paging,” ...

Paging Orwell
Robert Colls, who recently wrote a book on the author, sighs , “Orwell, you should be living at this hour”: A medium ranking, 30 something year ...

Paging Tom Cruise: With Wifarer, Indoor Mapping Becomes A Reality
... be used by the masses. Still, I find it exciting, in a purely futurist way. For more information on Wifarer, visit their website . Paging ...

Paging scientist Ringwald: Could quasars become standard candles?
Composite optical and X-ray image of quasar 3C 186, one of the most distant yet observed. Regular fluctuations in quasar light production could ...

Paging Mr. Vader: Gemballa creates the Mirage GT Matte Edition
Gemballa Mirage GT Matte Edition Click above for a high-res galleryFirst, there was the Gemballa Mirage GT Carbon Edition, soon followed by the ...

Paging Jesus Christ in Terminal 3
[caption id="attachment_63964" align="alignleft" width="392"] Are you there, Jesus? A floor tile at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. ...

Paging the Graphically Inclined
Is there anyone out there with some artistic skills who would like to fix the current banner and rework the balloon man for the new website? ...