on update something in the datagridview, it should be updated in the database and datagridview should be refreshed with the updated data

1. I have a Windows Form app where I am binding a DagridView to a Dataset which was filled from a SQL Server database table.

2. I then have a method to Update the database.

3. Problem: My Update method no longer works.  And also I wanted to do insert and delete operations in the datagridview.

When I update something in the datagridview, it should be updated in the database and datagridview should be refreshed with the updated data.  I have wasted total day in searching of 'how to insert delete and edit the datagridview and that updates database as well. Please help me. Its a Windows App. Im using Visual Studio 2005 with SQL Server database and language C#

Any sample code will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0
sreenu123

Hi sreenu123,

I can only give you a complete sample of DataGridView with Inserting, Editing and Deleting:

http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_data/datagrid/article.php/c13041/

Thanks,

Qin Dian Tang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Qin

updates, updates, updates, NO MORE!
Name: Andreas Email: unbekanntatjokerdotms Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates, NO MORE! Comments: Hi ! if you want to develop a fine webbrowser, maybe you nee a new management. To release a new buggy version every two weeks is not very professional. Test your software before the release and let the user download a stable browser. this update-orgy since 2.0.0 used me to use Opera instead of FF. We haved use FF in our Company, but we can't deploy a new version every week to +200 Windows-clients, so in our company we've decided to return to IE, ...

Updates Updates Updates
I was a big fan of Firefox.. Now, I don't even like to use it. Seems like every time I start it up I have to update some addin OR the browser itself. And unfortunately the update nag messages are always presented when I start a browsing session. I find this annoying because, typically, when I open a web browser all I want to do is go to a web page. Not update the browser. I can agree that staying current with the latest version could give the best, fastest, safest web experience. But that point becomes mute when I start off every other browsing session with a new update. And mos...

updates, updates, updates
Name: hans jensen Email: hansjensen44_athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates Comments: why is it everytime i go online firefox has new updates, 3 -4 times every day, its never ending..........whats all the problems??? please email me and let me know, ty,.........Hans Jensen Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Updates, updates and more updates
Name: pirhan Email: pirhan_chanathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Updates, updates and more updates Comments: Hello, Normally I use Safari, but my iBook is out of commission for a while. So, I am forced to use a PC to which I would much rather use Firefox than Internet Exploder. However, as much I enjoy not using a Microsoft product, and use a product that works decently, I am severely annoyed about the constant updates I am put through. In the last two days, I had to wait for Firefox to install updates before I could browse and now, I'm alerted that there'...

updates, updates, updates
Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch Tuesday. So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready to try one od the BSD's! vince wrote: > Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch > Tuesday. > > So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 > and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready > to try one od the BSD's! I take ...

updates,updates, updates,etc.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: updates,updates, updates,etc. Comments: I am so fed up with all these gd updates I COULD SCREAM! Why can't you get it right and stay with it for a while. Between you guys and MSFT you drive me nuts. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Update Update
Name: John Oswell Email: serviceatwinntecdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Update Update - endless updates Comments: I think it's great you update the product but I'm starting to think this product is more prone to attack and instability by the number of updates i get inflicted with. Quite honestly on the Windows platform you're going to need to convince me that the Firefox browser is "better" than IE8 - my default browser (ff right now) I'm probably going to revert - endless intrusive updates for Firefox is getting very tiring. At least MS (I'm ...

Updates updates updates #2
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Updates updates updates Comments: I love Firefox, but it seems EVERY day there is some sort of updates to download before it will open. You need to figure out a way Firefox can open when asked to do so and update in the background and apply the updates on the next restart. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide on...

Updates Updates Updates #3
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Updates Updates Updates Comments: Seems like every time I open the program there is a wait period while some new arcane update gets installed. I have enjoyed and advocated firefox for a good while, but the update thing is really starting to bug me. Doubtless I could simply change the settings to accept the updates or not notify me or something similar - but I CAN'T BE ASSED. I'd have to consider this for more than 30 seconds and as we've already seen I CAN'T BE ASSED. Please make this less annoying in return for which I promis...

An Update Update ...
Folks, Just off the phone with Mark again. It seems that the points I was making during my afternoon of "debate" with Mark were echoed by the one other person involved in the early (very early) testing of Spambo. As a result one more *VERY* cool feature will soon be added to Spambo: You'll be able to pop-up a listview of all recent eMail which has passed through Spambo -- and sort it any way you like -- where every item will have a "Spam checkbox" showing Spambo's current classification for that piece of eMail. Thus ... all you'll need t...

Updates and more updates and more...
Name: M Product: Firefox Summary: Updates and more updates and more... Comments: what's the point of this one exactly? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Update not updating
Name: Willaim Brasuell Email: williamatbrasuelldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Update not updating Comments: I get a message to update Firefox and start the process. After letting it run for an hour it just keeps saying it's downloading. Having tried four times I think there is a problem here. Regards, Bill Brasuell Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Why does update not update ?
Name: T. Strickland Email: shortsportatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Why does update not update ? Comments: I check to see if there are any updates but it says none are available but once in a while a update will just appear and say to update to 2.0.0.4 . could this be some kind of scam trying to gain access to my computer? If this is a good update then why doesn't the update do it automatically when I click on it ? Please Inform Tilmon Strickland Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.12) Gecko/20070508 Firefox/1.5.0...

Update not updating
I'm using Web Matrix and the Update code wizard. I have an Access db with a table 'Users'. This contains a Username (primary key) and a password. If I use:- "UPDATE [Users] SET [Password]=@Password WHERE ([Users].[User] = @user)" the update does not work and no errors are reported. If I use:- "UPDATE [Users] SET [Password]=@Password WHERE ([Users].[User] = ""barry"")" the update works!!!. I've spent hours trying to resolve this to no avail. Could this be a bug in oledb and if so does anyone have a work around? Best frustra...

Web resources about - on update something in the datagridview, it should be updated in the database and datagridview should be refreshed with the updated data - asp.net.presentation-controls

Newest 'entity-framework' Questions - Stack Overflow

Mono 2.0 released, brings C# 3.0 to Linux and Mac OS X
The Mono project, which develops an open-source and cross-platform …

CodePlex - Project Directory
Project hosting for open source software.

Quick Answers - CodeProject

C# Corner - Developers and IT Professionals Community
Community for Developers and IT Professionals

Synchronize Now!
Eric uses Amazon.com's S3 web service and .NET 2.0's FtpWebRequest class to securely synchronize files on multiple machines.

Gabriel Mongeon
Archive - Gabriel Mongeon

Debugging Tool: Build a Logging and Event Viewing Library to Help Debug Your .NET Framework-based App ...

Utilities - Software Downloads - PCWorld
Utilities downloads software and reviews .NET DataGridView Columns assembly for .NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.

Tutorials - Switch on the Code
Username: Password: Register - Forgot Password Home Tutorials Forums News & Other Posts Podcast About Us Contact Us Tutorials .NET C# Snippet ...