How to switch a entire gridview1 into edit mode instead of clicking the edit button on each row?

Hello,

I have a gridview1 that opens up via a sqldatasource and to edit each field, I have to manually click edit on each row.  Please suggest a way to switch the entire gridview1 into edit mode after the page opens.

 Thank you in advance,

ptown
0
ptown

check out this sample:

http://www.aspnet101.com/aspnet101/aspnet/codesample.aspx?code=gvfullyeditable

David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!
augustwind
4/24/2008 6:49:29 PM

 Thank you, I will work on this and let you know what happens.

ptown
0
ptown
4/24/2008 7:11:55 PM

 The following solution was build using the DataSet as a container and not SqlDataSource but this will also work in your scenario:

GridView All Rows Edit Mode

HighOnCoding
Wanna get high!
0
azamsharp
4/24/2008 7:17:48 PM

Thank you, I will let you know what happens.

ptown
0
ptown
4/24/2008 10:33:20 PM

I added the following, but when I click on the edit button nothin happens, please tell me what am I doing wrong.

Private isEditMode As Boolean = False

Protected Property IsInEditMode() As Boolean

Get

Return Me.isEditMode

End Get

Set(ByVal value As Boolean)

Me.isEditMode = value

End Set

End Property

Protected Sub btnEdit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnEdit.Click

isEditMode = True

GridView1.DataBind()

' BindData()

End Sub

ptown
0
ptown

Edit Button is not switching to Edit Mode
Hello, i have this GridView. it's a very simple one. I add programmatically the datasource. The deal is that when i click on the Edit button (command button) it does not shows the edit controls. here is the code <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" CssClass="Table2" AllowPaging="True"AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnRowEditing="GridView1_RowEditing" onrowcommand="GridView1_RowCommand" onrowdatabound="GridView1_RowDataBound" onrowdeleted="GridView1_RowDeleted"...

Calling the Edit command instead of clicking the Edit button
Hi, Can I have a datagrid that can click any where in the row to call the Edit Command instead of clicking the Edit Button? Cheers. PLLMS Hi, I wrote a receipt with similar subject in the Cookbook, where you can set the EditItemIndex instead of SelectedIndex as shown in the receipt: Implementing Support for DoubleClicks in a DataGrid Regards Thanks, Colt. My code can now call the Edit Command where ever i click in a row. But i have another question. I have a number of columns on my datagrid. Am I able to get the column (cell) number on which User clicks...

GridView control enters edit mode only when I click Edit link twice
Hi all..I have a GridView control in an ASP.NET 2.0 page. I added a column that contains edit, update, cancel buttons. Because I did that, I had to handle RowEditing event or an exception was thrown.Well... this is the body of the RowEditing event:protected void gvParametros_RowEditing(object sender, GridViewEditEventArgs e){      gvParametros.EditIndex = e.NewEditIndex;}The fact is that when page is loaded and I click the edit link, page is refreshed but GridView doesn't enter edit mode. When I press edit link again, GridView enters edit mode.Any help to solve this behavior w...

DetailsView not updating. Clicking twice on Edit button to Activate/deactivate Edit mode. Programmatically datasourced
Hello. How are you doing guys? here i am again going crazy with these controls :) I have a DetailsView that i pass one entity using my own datalayerProvider. (using .Datasource=entity.getbyID(1) ) This works fine... of course. I have set my DV to autogeneratecolums=true. Now, when i click on the edit command button, it doesn't do anyhing. Then i click it again and i can see the editing controls. Same thinng happens backward... i have to click twice the Update command button in order to bring it back to Read-Only mode. The funny thing is that, when editing mode, i change the values in...

Allow editing of all rows simultaniously (without having to click edit/update for each row)?
I have an application where the user will be presented with perhaps 20 rows.  1 field of each row (the score) will need to be updated by the user.   Now with a gridview they would click on the first row's EDIT button then make the change for the Score field and then click update. Having to do this ~20 times would be somewhat annoying for the user :)  Is there any way I can get an Excel like behavior where the user can just click on the first row's Score field then enter the integer score and hit tab or down arrow or something and drop down to the next one and keep ...

Edit control is not loaded in edit mode
I have a problem that the dynamic data field edit control (such as TEXT_edit.ascx) is not loaded when in edit mode. Instead, the normal view control is loaded (such as Text.ascx). In debug I can determina the page mode is truly edit mode. Please help! Could you provide some more context: is this in a custom page with a custom column set or one of the default scaffold pages? Are you using a UIHintAttribute? Make sure the names of the display and edit versions match.Marcin DoboszSDE, ASP.NET Team, MicrosoftRead my blog This is just a thought are you using Views rather than ...

Row editing without edit button.
I am using Gridview.  I am edting a row with edit button but I need  edit row directly in grid  without using Edit button. If possible please help me.  ...

editable gridview when user click external edit button
Hi Friend, I have gridview with columns id, fname, lname and email. I have bound the gridview from the table. Now my requirement is: I need to have editable gridview with edit button external to gridview. I can do it, if the edit button is internal to gridview. But I want to achieve editable gridview when user click external edit button. Is it possible or any other control that have this future?  Thanks, FarooqMark as answer if this post helpfull to you.Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right.  Do you want to make a certain row editable or t...

Edit Bound DataGrid row w/out entering Edit Mode???
Hi, I am not sure if this is possible or not, but I think it may well be... I have a databound grid, which, has just a single field which needs updating. Instead of making the user click edit to enter the edit mode just to change a single field in a single record, I wondered if it is possible to use a template field on the GridView with a textbox in. The user can then enter text for the record, in this case an Account Number, and click edit to update the record. I have written out the GridView and have a template field with the textbox in absolutely fine. Now I am trying to get the value...

Editable/Not Editable
Hello All, I have some webform(.aspx page) in which i have some controls (for input) and i would like to make that screen editable/not editable based on some condition. how can i do that.  the whole intent is user can read the information but can't change.  shiva kumar If you want to make the controls editable/non-editable, you can set their ReadOnly property to true or false accordingly. What exactly do you imply by making the screen editable/non-editable?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! i mean to say i would like to show the current values but user should not mod...

What Method/Property in FormView switches it to Edit Mode? Or Edit Template?
I created a button link in my forum view that I want to switch the form to "edit" mode when a user clicks on it.  What can I call to switch the view? You will have to define an edit template in the formview along with the item template you have. This will basically contain the information you want to edit. Additionally you will have to define a button the item template and set the command name argument of the button to "Edit". Once you have done this, when ever you click this edit button it will switch the view from ItemTemplate to the EditTemplate. Hi,LucasDavenport May this helps...

Edit but no edit

Web resources about - How to switch a entire gridview1 into edit mode instead of clicking the edit button on each row? - asp.net.presentation-controls

City of North Miami
SEARCH Contact Us - Employment - Español - Kreyol 305.893.6511 - 776 NE 125 Street - North Miami, FL 33161 EMERGENCY SERVICES HOME DEPARTMENTS ...

Check Uncheck all CheckBoxes in an ASP.NET GridView using jQuery
... void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (!Page.IsPostBack) { Employee emp = new Employee(); listEmp = emp.GetEmployees(); this.GridView1.DataSource ...

TEA Staff Search
Administrators school resources Teachers teacher resources Funding school finance & grants Testing / Accountability student assessment & ...