How to make the form View save it's field values in Visual Stdio .NET

Hi every one .
this's my first post in this forum ,hope you can help me ..

i have this problem ,i have a form View that i use to
insert data into a data base ,

the thing is: i want the text values inserted in the Text Fields in the
Insert Template in The Form View to be saved ,meaning that when the insert
operation completes these text field still contain the text values that was inserted in ..

note : i tryed to enable the view State in those TextBoxes but that didn't work ..

 I think it's about SqlDataSource Refreshing  the FormView or Some thing like that ,but i don't know where to look for it ...

0
asammoud

Hi:

  Welcome here!

  To get started, I recommend you to have a look at our tutorial at first:

http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/data/formview.aspx

  If your problem isn't solved, please post your current code for further discussion.

Thanks & Regards

Sincerely,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Community Support

Allen

new to .net, need help setting db values from checkbox's then retrieving value to a label control
Hi, Being new to asp.net i know this possible i just can't quite get it right!  I need a page with 5 checkbox's that when submitted sets the bit values in DB fields to checked. Then i need another page that retrieves the records of the checkboxes, but instead of having the db pre-set checkboxes on the second page i want it to turn on label web controls depending on if the check box is set.. I hope that makes sense?!! Can anyone point me in the right direction or to a suitable tutorial? Thanks in advance Ben Excellent article here.http://www.heliosfx.com...

About Visual Stdio .Net 2005 's GridView
How can i control the GridView show "EditButton" or not by behind code page. Help me,Thank You! Hi,Hz2004; May this helps: this.GridView1.AutoGenerateEditButton = false;Best Regards,__________________________________________________Sincerely,Rex LinMicrosoft Online Community SupportThis posting is provided "AS IS" with on warranties, and confers no rights. Ok,I'll try it.Thank you first!...

Value of type 'System.Net.Mail.MailMessage' cannot be converted to 'System.Net.Mail.AlternateView'

How to use Metabuilder's RowSelectorColumn web control with Visual Studio .NET?
Hi Experts,Does anyone know how to use Metabuilder's RowSelectorColumn web control with Visual Studio .net? I've used with Web Matrix with is code-line page, but unable to use it with code-behind. Anyone know of any articles related to this issue?Thanks,...

how to control a RadioButtonList's Listitem's text show according database's field
Hi my page has a repeater control,in repeater has a RadioButtonList control now i want to let the RadioButtonList has four Listitem,every Listitem's text is a database's field so the listitem can show dynamic according every record how can i work out my problem thanks a lot  hello dearbound your RadioButtonList to database if i m not clear fell free 4 replySatyabrat SinghB.E.(C.Sc.)Web developer Livetek Solution Dont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. yes.i bound the radiobuttonlist to a dataset but how to display the ...

Net::LDAP::Control returns 'ASN' value?
Hello, I've got a question about the behavior of Net::LDAP::Control and it's child classes. =20 Should a call to $control->value() return an ASN value? I instantiated a few controls to see their behavior and they are all the same. They return an ASN value. I guess I expected the original, untainted, value to be returned. (The value of Net::LDAP::Control->value() is untouched but I suspect that is because it is a simplified stub for subclasses.) Thanks, -David Faltermier david.faltermier@hp.com #--------------------------------------- # Testing Net::LDAP:...

Newbie: Save and display 'multi-value' listbox... (VB.NET)
I have a list box (i.e. FieldA) that allows the user to select more than one option.  When saved, this field content is inserted in a table.  My questions are:- How do i loop through this listbox and save the data.  Do i need to concatenate the selected options into a string before or during saving?- When this saved record is retrieved from the table, do i need to do anything in order to display the options that have previously been selected and saved???I appreciate any coding that you can provide to assist me... Try this article, it was helpful to me when I dealt wit...

How to make a .NET assembly to control a service which built by .NET?
i need to build a service to be a quota service by .NET but i need to build a .NET assembly to manage the service by web so, how to build a assembly to control it?Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com You need to build a class that uses a ServiceController. You can attach the servicecontroller to the service, and use it to stop, start, pause etc. it. I have a blog. Perhaps you'd like to rea...

When viewing a ng I'm having problems with choosing what to view. It's like this. When scrolling through the posts my reader wants to view every thread. Let's say I read a particular post. It's highli
When viewing a ng I'm having problems with choosing what to view. It's like this. When scrolling through the posts my reader wants to view every thread. Let's say I read a particular post. It's highlighted because I chose to read it. Then after I am done and scroll down, instead of the highlight moving, it stays centered and wants to read/open every post that I'm scrolling through even though I haven't clicked on it and I don't want to read it. This also affects choosing which ng to read. Things want to scroll when I am not wanting them too. When I ...

Control's (object's) default value??
How or where can I see an asp.net control's default value? Say, for example the Visible property for webcontrols? Would be preferable if I could quickly see it in Visual Web Developer but MSDN online documentation would also be nice. Also how can I do this in general for all .Net objects?...

Visual Studio .Net? Visual Basic .Net?

Visual Basic.NET or Visual Studio.NET?

Changing Value of a databound field in a .net form
I have a bound form field that contains a date.  I want to use a calendar control to set the value.  I created the calendar control and have a link to have it display.  When the user selects the date I have a server side function that is called, but I cannot reference the field that displays the date in the browser.  I think this is because the field is being generated in a template.  How do I reference the value of the display field ? Thank you in advance. Hey, Did you use the container control's FindControl method to try to get the reference to the control?&nbs...

.NET controls's compatability with Macinthosh
Hi All, I am developing a appl in ASP.NET. In windows all the controls are working properly. But in macintosh platform i am unable to work with some .NET controls like textboxes i mean unable to enter text into TextBoxes. I never worked with Macinthosh before. Code in the appl is normal just using javascript for some client side validation. Thanks. what browser on the Mac? IE? Mozilla? Safari?RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS It is IE 5.0 Browser is IE 5.0...

Web resources about - How to make the form View save it's field values in Visual Stdio .NET - asp.net.presentation-controls