how to htmlencode data when using data controls to display data

Hi

Lets say you are displaying a colllection of records in a gridview and you want to make sure all of the rows and columns are html encoded before you display them, how can can you get the gridview to do this automatically? I don't want to have to create a template for each bound column.

Thanks very much

andrea

0
andieje

Hi Andrea,

I believe there is a "HtmlEncode" property on each column that you can set.  By default I believe it is set to true.  You can pull up the column editor by selecting the "edit columns" task, and then select the columns in the botton left of the dialog to see their properties on the right.

Hope this helps,

Scott

0
ScottGu

Using Data Control in another data control
Hey, How to use a SqlDataSource control in a GridView and so on...I mean i wanna show data which comes from UserTables in a gridview whoses data comes from ContentTable so they are two separated tables. Thanks and Regards...I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] I mean how to use nested gridview controls. Please aren't there any poeple who can help me ?I am not a perfect programmer, but i have perfect programmers' habits [ i think so :)] Try the links below, they might be of some help to you.http://msdn2.microso...

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

Tracing data controls within data controls
I have a problem with tracing data controls within data controls. Below are the codes and the trace statements. Can anyone help me? Your help is very much appreciated. : : : private void InitializeComponent() { this.DataGrid1.ItemDataBound+=new DataGridItemEventHandler(DataGrid1_ItemDataBound); this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.Page_Load); } #endregion private void DataGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, DataGridItemEventArgs e) { DropDownList Dropdownlist1 = (DropDownList)e.Item.Controls[2].FindControl("D...

Data not being displayed in my DataList control. I am using a simple ArrayList for the data source
 I am trying to have an array of items display in my DataList control on my web form. The problem is that no data is being displayed on the web form. I am just trying to do a very simple little program here. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Here is my array of values I want to display in my DataList control         ArrayList strValues = new ArrayList(4);        strValues.Add("A");        strValues.Add("B");        strValues.Add(...

Data presentation without a data control
The Gridview and Formview controls provide good functionality in some circumstances but are clumsey in others. As a newbie to .NET I was wondering if its appropriate to do databinding with textboxes and other data controls outside of one of the new data controls (formview, gridview, etc). Or is it a new standard to always use one of the new data controls. If the answer is yes, would you still use an SQLDatasource, or would you set up the connection in code? And, how would you deal with the syntax? In the Formview we have: <asp:TextBox ID="fnameTextBox" runat="server" ...

Data Presentation Controls and complex data+logic
I'd like to know how people solve problem of binding complex data to data presentation controls. As we all know, real life is not as simple as webcasts etc. assume.Lets say we have something like this.List<Person> liPerson = PersonFactory.GetAllPersons();List<Company> liCompany = CompanyFactory.GetAllCompany();And I want a table something like this:Microsoft      Bill      JohnIBM      Ted      CharlesNokia      Matti Is there a generic solution to...

How do I use data gridview or any such control for data entry?
I need to bulk enter the data in a grid-view like control (i am not sure about grid view ) in which the first column is data bound from a table , second column should have a check box , then the next two columns should have text boxes and and the last column should have drop down box. on clicking the submit button, for every row that has check box checked should be added to another table.   http://www.asp.net/learn/data-access/tutorial-66-cs.aspxIf this solves your problem please mark as answer ...

Cannot editing data in a data Control
I use VWD 2005 Express edition. I try to use a data control to insert and update data. I did the following steps: 1.In the Toolbox, from the Data group, drag a GridView control onto the page. 2. Right-click the GridView control, click Show Smart Tag, and then on the GridView Tasks menu, in the Choose Data Source box, click SqlDataSource1. 3. On the GridView Tasks menu, click Configure Data Source. 4. Click Next to advance to the Configure the Select Statement page of the wizard. 5. On the Configure the Select Statement page, click Advanced, try to select the Generate INSERT, UPDAT...

Cannot editing data in a data Control
I use VWD 2005 Express edition. I try to use a data control to insert and update data. I did the following steps: 1.In the Toolbox, from the Data group, drag a GridView control onto the page. 2. Right-click the GridView control, click Show Smart Tag, and then on the GridView Tasks menu, in the Choose Data Source box, click SqlDataSource1. 3. On the GridView Tasks menu, click Configure Data Source. 4. Click Next to advance to the Configure the Select Statement page of the wizard. 5. On the Configure the Select Statement page, click Advanced, try to select the Generate INSERT, U...

Profile Data to Data Control
I am working on a website that stores each users first name and last name in the aspnet's built in profile.  I basically want a user to be able to select another user by first name and last name to send a email to.  How do I get the profile.firstname and profile.lastname of all users to display in a listbox or gridview or anything really so that it reads...   FirstName1 LastName1 FirstName2 LastName2 FirstName3 LastName3 etc...   Thanks, ChrisChrisWeb Tectonicswww.web-tectonics.com This might point you in the right direction.  The ProfileManager class h...

Using Data Controls Without Using ObjectDataSource Control
Hi, I've been looking on the Internet for a tutorial that would show me how to use the data conrols (FormView, GridView etc) without using an ObjectDataSource (or any other data source control).  The reason is that I want to use a formview and gridview from within another formview control to create a single form  that would allow me to insert, update and delete an order and its order details at the same time. I thought that this could be achieved by having a DataSet containing two DataTable objects in the code-behind with the Order DataTable containing one row to repres...

Web resources about - how to htmlencode data when using data controls to display data - asp.net.presentation-controls

Heroes blog, Heroes season three, Heroes new season, Sylar, Hiro, Tim Kring
" & CStr(CDate(mid(rss.pubDates(i),6,11) & " " descr = rss.Descriptions(i) descr = replace(descr," ","") response.write " " & Server.HTMLEncode(rss.Titles(i) ...

How to use Cross-Site Scripting to Rickroll your Co-Workers
... number of websites, this one directly displays the user-input on the screen without first scrubbing it with something like HttpUtility.HtmlEncode() ...

Calling a Web Method in C# without Service Reference
If you need to call a web method but fail to have a WSDL or want your code to be dynamic, then SOAP and `HttpWebRequest`s are the way to go. ...

J.D. Meier's Blog
J.D. Meier's Blog. Software Engineering, Project Management, and Effectiveness. Patterns and Practices at Microsoft.

HttpUtility.HtmlEncode(...); - Pastebin.com
PASTEBIN - #1 paste tool since 2002 create new paste tools api archive faq PASTEBIN create new paste trending pastes sign up login my alerts ...

CodeSOD: Decode
... code is VB.NET, which is important to keep in mind, since the Framework provides a variety of methods to do this correctly . Function HTMLEncode(ByVal ...

XBot scripting
List of methods for developing scripts in XBot.

Archives 500 Error
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. -> System.TypeInitializationException: ...

AT&T Labs Research - Yoix / What's New
AT&T Labs Research Yoix Page