How to display the more than one row with items and buttons in gridview control. when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in g

Hi,

when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in

gridview.Here i would like to change this way "when i click more than one category at same time. it should be display selected item and button."

For example: if i have to select Fruits, Apples from categories.  it should be display like 1st "row have Fruits and In 2nd row have Apples and button" in gridview.the button have some event.

How can i do it? Please can anyone answer me.

With kind request

soona

your query is very raw..can u details it out...

Please mark as answer if it helped u!
0
kavita_khandhadia
3/4/2009 1:50:21 PM

your question is not clear, please clarify.

0
Vivek_9decTest
3/4/2009 2:07:51 PM

Hi soona,

Selecting categories seems to generate the data source of GridView, you can try to use any DataSource control such as SqlDataSource or ObjectDataSource to bind GridView. The buttons in GridView I guess are some buttons like Edit or Delete button. Here is a GridView tutorial with some DataSource control: http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/data/gridview.aspx

For more detail suggestion, please give us more detail description.

Thanks,

Qin Dian Tang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Qin

ListView grid displays only one item for Select button of different rows
In the code below for displaying individual records in a ListView, when the "lnkBtn_" is clicked for each row in the ItemTemplate and the AlternatingItemTemplate, different information should be displayed for each row. However, for each row's lnkBtn_ clicked, only the first row's information is displayed for each of the other rows. What should I do to make each row display its own information? <asp:ListView ID="lsvClassmates" DataSourceID="srcClassGrid" DataKeyNames="AlumniID" runat="server"> ...

how to populate a dropdownlist control and update the selected item in a gridview control
Hi friends help me with this ... Requirement: 1) i want to populate a dropdownlist(ddl) in a gridview when clicking the edit button of a perticular row by using gridview events and also update the selected item of the ddl to the database. 2) also i don't want to use sqldatasource controls i.e. we should take the help of only gridview events 3) DropDownList will be populated fom TableB: Actions taken: In page_load while binding the grid i m getting the error: Cannot perform '=' operation on System.Int32 and System.String  my fields and datatypes are as follows...

Menu Item, Selected Item, and Site Map controls
Ok no code here, actually looking for some.  I've created a Menu and when I click on the link to go to another page, even if I set the Static and Dynamic Selected Item to another style (changing a color, whatever) it doesn't change.  Do I have to do this programmatically?  If so, can someone give me some sample code to use? Also I've noticed the SelectedItem works fine when I bind the menu to a Site Map, however I haven't been able to set up the Site Map to not have the first layer of navigation.  Example:  If you have a website that has a "Home...

Display 1st item from DataSet in GridView, if 0 items, display Panel
I'm displaying a DataSet using a GridViewThe DataSet contains a list of events for my company... I only want the first item to be displayedIf there are no items at all, I want a Panel to become visible that says "There are no events at this time" Here is my code-behind  Protected Sub eventsGridView_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles eventsGridView.RowDataBound If eventsGridView.Rows.Count = 0 Then eventsGridView.Visible = False noeventsPanel.Visible = True ...

Set static item selected style, when one of the dynamic items is selected
Hello, I have a menu with some parent items in the static menu. Now I would like this parentItems to be gray, when I am on one of the childpages ( on of the items in the dynamicMenu ). for example:here (screenshot below ) I am on the "doelstelling"-page, which is a subitem of "Bedrijfsinfo". Now, I would like the be able to set a certain style to "Bedrijfsinfo" when a user is on the doelstelling page, or one of the other subpages.  Is this possible?  Hi,Yes this is possible, however, you have to use the CSS Friendly menu. You can find ...

Help in Display items in datagrid from drop down list selected item.
Hi all,          When the page loads it will display all the products in the datagrid from Access database. I have a drop down list of product brands.Here is what i want to do :1. Whenever a brand is selected from the drop down list, displays the products with that particular brand seclected in the datagrid.I have been trying this for 1 week but still encounter problems.I really need help in this.Hope you guys could help me to solve this error. Is there any error in my select statement which cause this error or other probmems?Thanx.Error...

Making a Template Item Display with the Same Background as the Row in a GridView control
VWD 2008 Express.  Visual Basic. I have a GridView control that has a different background color defined for RowStyle and AlternatingRowStyle.  I have one column that is a template containing a button control.  Even though I do not have a background color defined, the button shows up with a sort of beige background (which is not the color of the row it is in).  How can I make the button control "transparent" so that its background is the same as the row in which it is in?  Setting it to a fixed color will not work, as the rows alternate colors.  Thank...

How to show higher level menu item selected when one of its submenu items selected?
I have a menu with a mix of static and dynamic items. I have the static item-only backcolor change when it is selected but I would also like the other static items backcolor to change when one of its submenus is selected. How to do this? Hi, Do you want to highlight the parent menuitems when the submenu is selected? You can try to refer this codeproject article: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/webforms/AspMenuParentHighlighting.aspx Hope it helps.Amanda WangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help...

Gridview control for selecting items
Is there a control that can move selected items from one GridView to another? In the first GridView the selected item has to dissappear and appear in the second grid.Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". First you must add the SELECT CommandField in your GridView.. then you can have it this way    protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)    {               for (int i ...

Display a confirmation messagebox on a webpage only if the user has selected an item in a datalist control
Hi, I have created a web page in VS2005, containing a datalist control and a button. The datalist control lists the data from a db table. The On_Click event of the button, I have written code to delete the selected item in the datalist control. I want to give a confirmation msg before the actual delete happens. The confirmation msg should be displayed only if the user has selected an item for deletion in the datalist control. Further, I would also like to display the selected item text in the confirmation msg. Can anyone help me in solving this issue? Presently ...

dropdwon list - user must select an item other than -SELECT ONE-, before submitting the page
In my asp.net 2.0 page, I placed a dropdwon listthe list is filled from the datatabase in formload() event, and I added one more entry -SELECT ONE- This select one will be displayed when the page loads. Ok fine.I want the user to select an item other than -SELECT ONE-, before submitting the page,ex: list shows country names, user should select a country name. Which validator control is to be used for this, and how can i code this.any idea    hi use required field validator control On - Initial value of -Requiredfieldvalidator control has "--Select one--"that should...

In a gridview, can I programatically control display of edit/delete buttons for selected row?
Hi there, I'm sure this is something fairly straight forward but I'm only just getting used to working with gridviews so please help me, I am displaying the select button on my gridview, and on the SelectedIndexChanged event I would like to add (or make visible) the edit and delete buttons just for the selected row - can I do this?  All help appreciated, JoH are you using template field with button / link button for edit or delete button  ?Thanx, [KaushaL] || BloG || Profile || Microsoft MVP"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me ...

Responding to selected control items in Datalist control
 Hi ladies and gentlemen . I am having a kinda wierd problem. I am using a datalist control bound to a database and I have implamented the following code.              <asp:DataList ID="MainCategory" runat="server" SelectedIndex="1" style="line-height: normal; text-align: left" Font-Bold="False" Font-Italic="False" Font-Overline="False" Font-Strikeout="False" Font-Underline="False" HorizontalAlign="Left" RepeatColumns="3" ShowFooter="False" ShowHeader="False" Width="335px"  Font-Size="Medium" Height="58px" OnItemComman...

Selecting the items in a CheckBoxList control that are already selected
Simple problem here.  I’ve not used a CheckBoxList control in an ASP.NET application before (ASP.NET 3.5 in this case), and now I need to.  Databinding it to the source to populate the items of the list is easy.  However, selecting those items which are already stored in the database; I’m not sure how I can do that with databinding. So the question is, how do I databind the items in the CheckBoxList which reflect the items already selected in the database, in this case in a resolution table between the data items table and the lookup table, so that I get what’s in the res...

Web resources about - How to display the more than one row with items and buttons in gridview control. when i select three items at same time from categories(Fruits, Apples, Gifts). The selected items are displayed in g - asp.net.presentation-controls