how to display data in multiple columns

Hi, I use DataGrid control to display a table with have 2 fields. I want to display to data in the following format

row# field1 field2 row# field1 field2
1 xxx xxx 4 xxx xxx
2 xxx xxx 5 xxx xxx
3 xxx xxx 6 xxx xxx

how to define the datagrid template to archieve it? Do I need 2 datagrid controls?
Thanks!
0
csgear

Switch to a DataList, and you can display like this by setting RepeatDirection = "Vertical" and RepeatColumns = "2".

Datagrid Girl
http://www.datagridgirl.com
NEW! http://www.gridviewgirl.com
0
datagridgirl
2/19/2003 7:22:04 PM
i'm doing somthing that is exactly like the above post, i'm able to get the data to repeat into multiple columns but i get the header for only the first column.

how do i get the header info for all the columns.
thanks,
badri
0
badinar
9/9/2003 9:25:31 PM
Are you using a DataGrid or a DataList?
0
ersheido
9/11/2003 2:26:16 AM
i'm using a datalist...
0
badinar
9/11/2003 4:18:03 PM
sweet..... i found a cheap way to do this but works great...........

ne one in future needs this contact me...
0
badinar

Displaying single column of data across multiple columns..
Hi all... Okies my problem.... I have a dataset that has a single column, with 100 rows. I wan't to display this in a table with 4 columns with 25 rows in each column.. Does anyone know of a simple solution? Thank's in advance. Jeremy Baka Saru Hi, you can try the DataList with RepeatColumns property set to 4.  Alvin ChooiMicrosoft ASP.NET™ Enthusiast v1.1 / v2.0, Malaysia Blog : http://alvinzc.blogspot.com...

Displaying a single Data Window Column in multiple columns
I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Yehuda Newspaper columns? Yehuda wrote in message <3ACB5511.E9262E3C@yahoo.com>... >I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using >Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple >columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help >would be appreciated. >Thanks >Yehuda &...

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

Display only Columns that have Data in GridView Control
Good evening to the community, thanks for the help that ever provideThe situation is the following:I'm working in a application that have like 50 columns in the Database that represents Earning Codes for employees, but most of the times only 10 are used.What if something can be done to only display in the GridView Control the columns that the value is different than Null. Thanks for any lead evick   If you set the gridview to auto create the columns based on the datasource then when selecting data from the db only return the columns that have data in them. aspro Please m...

how to htmlencode data when using data controls to display data
Hi Lets say you are displaying a colllection of records in a gridview and you want to make sure all of the rows and columns are html encoded before you display them, how can can you get the gridview to do this automatically? I don't want to have to create a template for each bound column. Thanks very much andrea Hi Andrea, I believe there is a "HtmlEncode" property on each column that you can set.  By default I believe it is set to true.  You can pull up the column editor by selecting the "edit columns" task, and then select the columns in the botton left of the dialog to see...

How to display a column data partially but need complete column data for update?
I have a column in my gridview that contains API KEYS for google maps. These keys are huge so i just need to display partial key for viewing purpose. But I need the complete key when user clicks on update button in gridview. How can I achieve this? Any ideas. I am copying part of my gridview aspx code. Rest of the code is coming from my class file for object datasource. <asp:GridView ID="gvDomains" runat="server" DataSourceID="odsDomains" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="DomainID" Height="147px" Width="30...

Repeater Control
I have a question about the repeater controlI understand it's much more powerful to use a repeater over a gridview because you can implement any html you want along with the data you retrieve from a data source My question is, how do you sort this data once you retrieve it when you use a repeater?  For example, if I'm retrieving 50-60 records in a grid view, i can easily set it to display only 10 records per "page" and it will create buttons automatically to navigate these records.It also creates buttons that let you sort the data How do I do this with a repe...

complex report (multiple data presentation controls) /styling
 Hi.  I need an advice how to make a report which looks very complex to me. (picture below)I really don't know where/how to start to get this done. On first look (picture) the thing looks simple but I cannot simply make one table with tr, td because for some cells I don't know how many of them there would be (for example I don't know which obligations (and ther sub-obligations) there would be --> I need nested repeater/datalist at least, how many and which companies are there (on the example pic there are 3 in a row, but there can be more there can be less)-->...

How do the different data presentation controls equate in ADO.net?
How does Visual Studio create ado.net equivalents of the datagrid's and gridview's columns and rows?  I am assuming they make a DataRow for each of the rows.  Am I on the right track with this?Is the table created by gridview basically a dataset from ADO.net?  Can anyone offer any guidance with this?Thanks to everyone that has ever helped me with any posts. Hi newbie2C#, The row in datagrid is called DataGridItem and in gridview is called GridViewRow. They are all inherits TableRow Class. DataRow is only one kind of row in GridView control. There are many other t...

Display Multiple Columns into One Column
My first ASP.NET/SQL project. I'm creating an Asset Management DB. I wish to view the Asset number, the full name of the user it's assigned to and the Make and Model of each record in the DB. However assets are split into different categories e.g. monitors, PCs, Preinters etc. and they are all in different tables. The SQL below displays the asset number, Name of person assigned and the model of the asset. SELECT Hardware.AssetNo, [User].FullName, MonitorModel.Model, PCModel.Model AS Expr1, PrinterModel.Model AS Expr2 FROM Hardware INNER JOIN [User] ON Hardware.UserID = [User].User...

No Control over Grid or Column Widths in a GridView with displaying XML data
No matter which properties I try to adjust, my gridview extends well past  the page width boundary of 988px, I am trying to set. My application is reporting on changes made to an Access DB which I am storing in an XML file. There are 8 columns in my Grid but the ones that, my guess, could be causing the problem are OldValues and NewValues. I am not parsing the data in these columns because there are many tables involved and I just want to have a simple audit trail of what changes were made to any of the tables. Obviously, these two columns are variable in length  and in some c...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

which data control to use when result does not have fixed number of columns to be displayed
I have a search engine which quries tables in database and returns the result, now in this case, NUMBER OF COLUMNS are NOT FIXED, it depends on the table from which it is getting the data. My question is .........which  is/are  the data control can be used in this case to display the results and how........I mean if you can show me a sample code or link where I can study more about it. Please do help me, this is urgent. Thanks a lot. You could use a GridView with AutoGenerateColumns set to True http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.gridview(VS.80)...

Web resources about - how to display data in multiple columns - asp.net.presentation-controls

Code division multiple access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Code division multiple access ( CDMA ) is a channel access method used by various radio communication technologies. It should not be confused ...

James Deen's Porn Company Faces Workplace-Safety Probe After Multiple Rape Claims 0
The California watchdog agency tasked with ensuring safety in the workplace confirmed Wednesday it is investigating porn actor James Deen's production ...

Apple Looks to Bring Multiple Colors to 3-D Printing with Patent Filing
... filed by Geoffrey Stall and Howard Miller , and assigned to Apple, is dated December 3rd, and it focuses on the problem of bringing multiple ...

Google Ventures reportedly closed its European fund after multiple stalled deals
Earlier this week, Google Ventures announced it was closing down its dedicated European fund . It had been assigned $125 million to invest, but ...

Multiple McDonald’s Locations Forced To Close After Prank Callers Convince Workers To Test Fire System ...
When I think of prank calls, I conjure up images of teenage girls huddled around their clear plastic phones, calling boys in their class and ...

OKC Police Officer Found Guilty On Multiple Counts Of Raping Black Women
Former Oklahoma City Police officer Daniel Holtzclaw will be going to prison for a very, very long time. After deliberating for well over 45 ...

Cowboys Fan Beats Up Multiple Attackers In Parking Lot Brawl
That's the best defense anyone wearing a Tony Romo jersey has ever played

The Philadelphia 76ers announced that they suspended Jahlil Okafor—he of the multiple fights outside
The Philadelphia 76ers announced that they suspended Jahlil Okafor—he of the multiple fights outside of bars and one of their only competent ...

Google's Chromecast Audio beams music to multiple rooms
If you're been eyeing Google's Chromecast Audio for your holiday shopping spree, Mountain View just added some new features to sweeten the deal. ...

China Mobile Ltd. (ADR) on Focus After Forming Bearish Multiple Bottom Chart ...
China Mobile Ltd. (ADR) on Focus After Forming Bearish Multiple Bottom Chart ... FinancialMagazin.com The stock of China Mobile Ltd. (ADR) ...