how do I write data to a formview control in Edit Mode?

In my database I have a text field that displays a comma separated string of departments.

I want the formview, when in edit or insert mode, to show a checkboxlist control for each department.

If a user clicks on checkbox items 1 and 2, then I should be able to create a string in my code "item1, item2" and then somehow write that string back to the bound field in the database.

I have NO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS AND IM GOING NUTS!!!!!!

I haven't been able to find much help online and I have posted alread to this forum...  Can someone please help me figure out how I can accomplish this?

If nothing else, please tell me how one might write data back to a control in Edit or Insert mode in a formview.

I see how you can use FindControl to get the data of the control, but I don't see how you write data to the control....  PLEASE HELP!!

Cavall

Hi Cavall,

I see in your another post, you have got the solution. If having other issues, please tell us.

See this post: http://forums.asp.net/t/1373587.aspx

Thanks,

Qin Dian Tang
Microsoft Online Community Support