Hidden data or Hidden column of hidden data in a DataGrid

Hi,

Is there a way to have a hidden item or a hidden column in a dataGrid? dataGrid using Template? dataGrid using BoundColumn?

Please provide sample code.
0
jty202

With VS look at the property builder, you can see how to hide the column....

or you can try

datagrid1.Columns[1].Visible = false;

Eric

Pascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn
0
A1ien51
6/9/2005 3:45:20 AM
can I specify a column hidden in BoundColumn or Template column.

If so, please show me the code.
0
jty202
6/9/2005 12:24:34 PM

yes, visible="false" in either TemplateColumn or BoundColumn

0
DavidRhodes

Workstation Only hidden/not hidden
We have a W2K/NetWare network with several thousand users and ZENWorks V4.0.1. Some users (usually due to password sync issues) are enabling "Workstation Only" and thus not receiving their ZENWorks application pushes and policies. We know that we can remove the "Workstation Only" checkbox. That's simple. The problem is what happens when the workstation malfunctions, and cannot log into the NetWare network. This will cause a visit by our in-house level 1 field service tech. Our level 1 techs do not have local administrative rights, and we do not want them...

Getting data from hidden columns of a gridview
 I have a gridview which has a couple columns defined like: <asp:BoundField DataField="LienHldrID" HeaderText="LienHldrID" Visible="false" /> And then in my SelectedIndexChanged event I get the current row with: GridViewRow row = grdLienList.Rows[grdLienList.SelectedIndex]; And then I try to access the column values like this: hidLienHolderID.Value = row.Cells[i+1].Text; However, all the hidden columns are coming back as empty strings. I know there's values there. Just wondering what the proper procedure is, since this seems to d...

Hidden DataGrid Column
I have data in a datagrid that I want to be available in the grid for use by a client side function. I don't want this data column in the datagrid to be visible to the user... If I set the datagrid column to be Visible=False - then the column will not exists in the clients browser. How can I have the column exist in the client browser but not be visible??? THX, Hi, your question is a bit ambiguous. What is the difference between the "column will not exists in clients' browsers" and "not visible to users"? I thought setting the Visible property of particular column to false would se...

GridView
I have a GridView bounded to an ObjectDataSource with 2 hidden columns (PROJECT_ID & LINE_ID). The last column is an icon which should enable to edit a comment for the line when editing the line. When I click the icon I would like to be able to get the PROJECT_ID and the LINE_ID to call another aspx page.<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="PROJECT_ID,LINE_ID" DataSourceID="Material_ODS" ShowFooter="True"> <Columns> <asp:BoundField DataField="PROJECT_ID" ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="PROJECT_ID" Visible="False">...

Problem retrieving data from hidden columns in datagird
I'm having an issue with retreiving data from datagrid boundcolumns where I have set visible to false. After looking at some posts, I changed the columns from boundcolumns to template columns using the Container.DataItem("field_name") syntax. Now I get a compiler error: CS0118 "System.Web.....DataItem denotes a property where a method is expected" this error indicates the line of code with the Container.DataItem("field_name"). As bound columns, they are fine, but I can't access the data once it is displayed. My code looks like this: <asp:datag...

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

Creating Data Bound Grid Dymanically
------------------------ VB.NET CODE SAMPLE ------------------------------- -- BEFORE YOU PASTE THIS CODE INTO YOUR PROJECT ------ -- change the SQL server name to your SQL server -- make sure the Northwind database is installed -- check user name and password Public Class WebForm1 Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected WithEvents pnl_grdHolder As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Panel #Region " Web Form Designer Generated Code " 'This call is required by the Web Form Designer. <System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private Sub Ini...

Hidden vs True Hidden
Does anyone know how programs like Boot-US make partitions "true hidden"? As opposed to just regular hidden, which win2k and above seem to treat as not hidden. :-( -- 1drum Hi, XOSL uses Partition ID 0x17 for Hidden NTFS partition types and Windows XP SP2 does not attempt to mount these or allocate drive letters to them. The 0x17 partition ID is used as this is a hang over from MS-DOS where any partition with an ID over 0xF was effectivly ignored by MS-DOS. Subtractring 0x10 from the Hidden Partition ID gives the correct ID type for the partition e.g. 0x7 w...

Hidden View Data
 Hi I have a dropdownlist that when you select the value, allows a select query to be used in the gridview. I am trying to pass the query results to a hidden field and then pass those values to a popup. I have the popup function working and the select but the problem lies in the hidden field. Whever I try to capture the value it gives me an error. Thanks for the help ^_^  Here is the vb partImports SystemImports System.DataImports System.ConfigurationImports System.CollectionsImports System.WebImports System.Web.SecurityImports System.Web.UIImports System.Web.UI.WebControlsImp...

Hidden Datagrid column????
Is there any way to have a column in a datagrid not be visible on the webpage --- but to still manipulate values in this column on the web page using client side scripts??? I know that this can be done using hidden html form fields --- but isn't there some way to do this using asp.net controls?? I don't think that will work seeing as to how if you set the columns visibilty to false it won't get filled. That was the whole idea of why DataKeys were introduced.Although why would you want to manipulate values in a column that is hidden? The client is not going to see it so what exactly ...

SanDisk hidden data
I recently purchased an 8 GB SanDisk Cruzer Fit. After formatting with HP's USB formatting utility, there was still 4KB used on the drive. However, WinXP only showed one partition. The flash drive shows up as a regular hard drive in Windows Explorer instead of as removable USB storage. SanDisk tech support claims that this was done to maintain compatibility with Windows 8 specifications. However, a recent post on their site states that Cruzer Fits are no longer shipped in this configuration. Thus, it seems that I obtained one of the older drives. I'm guessing tha...

Post hidden data
 This looks to be fairly simple but does not work. The form form_confirm.aspx gets all the form variables except for the hidden one. I tried enabled=false ; <input type=hidden ...; OnSelectIndexChanged ... nothing seems to post the hidden form variables.The irony is when I uncomment the Response.write, I see the value of the hidden variable, but cannot GET it in the posted form. What am I missing ; I could do a session variable but would like to know what is wrong with this code:  <asp:listbox id="listUnitType" Runat="server" CssClass="scrTa...

Web resources about - Hidden data or Hidden column of hidden data in a DataGrid - asp.net.presentation-controls

Mad King DataGrid

Stack Overflow

Quick Answers - CodeProject