gridview paging: hide the 'next' link on last page of results

 Hi All,

Is there a simple way to hide the next or previous link on the first or last page of records in an asp.net gridview. It seems a little confusing to have them there when you cannot go to more data.

Thanks in advance.

0
magicjoef

 It was due to the fact I was using a custom pager template. Apologies.

0
magicjoef
1/14/2009 12:03:39 PM

 Please Refer

http://wiki.lessthandot.com/index.php/ASP.NET:_Add_paging_to_a_repeater

0
visu4u
3/10/2009 1:37:38 PM

 Please Refer

http://wiki.lessthandot.com/index.php/ASP.NET:_Add_paging_to_a_repeater
0
visu4u
3/10/2009 1:39:53 PM

Thank you All

0
visu4u

How to use 'previous' and 'next' alongside gridview 'paging' ?
Hi I am using gridview in my asp.net and using paging for navigation. How do I use next (>) and previous (<) sign along side page numbers like below. At the moment I have gridview with paging like below  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . But I want Page numbers , Next and Previous simbol like below < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . >  (< and > are link for previous and next respectivly )  Advance thanks SudhaYogesh: Hi I am using gridview in my asp.net and using paging for navigation. How do I use next (>) and previous (<) sign along side page numbers like be...

'back a Page'/'Previous Page' Icon
Name: RM Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: 'back a Page'/'Previous Page' Icon Comments: Would appreciate 'back a Page'/'Previous Page' Icon in standard toolbar. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

'Home'page language change to 'Start'page
Name: Ashley Stevenson Email: firefox_at_mrashley.com Product: Firefox Summary: 'Home'page language change to 'Start'page Comments: Let's change the term 'homepage' to 'startpage' in firefox. Startpage has a more concise and accurate meaning. As a technical support worker, I have spoken to many people who have inferred that homepage somehow relates to his or her ISP. If this is changed he or she becomes worried that the billing method may be changed as well. From the view of a more experienced user (who remembers very early versions o...

Problem to use TreeView Control in a 'content page' This Error Occur "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."
hi I am trying to use the TreeView Control inside the content page (Page that has a master page is a content page). On compiling the project I got the following ASP.Net runtime error: "Only Content controls are allowed directly in a content page that contains Content controls."B@b@R J Issue resolved. I was putting script tag in the content page that is not allowed. when remove the script from content page problem is resolved.B@b@R J...

Can I hide a user control's control from the hosting page's client script?
Okay, my previous question was not unswered and I guess you can't hide a control's panel with server code then show it with client code. Now this is what I try to do: on the hosting page's onload event, call a function to hide the user control's penal. Here is the deal: the user control was looped as many times as data required. So the penals will be name mypanel1, my panel2, etc... that is not even a problem if I know if the following is true: * Do all server codes finish running before the page get sent back to the client? Say the database gave me 5 penals, I can then determine how...

How to stop the last detail row to print on next page together with the group trailer and summary even the second last page has lot's of space for the last row but not for the summary...
Hi, Can anyone please help me on this : My reports have quite a lot in the group trailers and summary, so that the last detail row will print on the last page with the trailers and summary even though the second last page has a lot of spaces for the detail, but just not enough for the trailers and summary. Therefore it looks very odd that there are lots of space in the second last page, and clients thought the report is finished while the last detail row is printed on the every end page. How can I force the report to fill up the second last page before printing the las...

Pages deriving from Master page show 'Untitled Page'
Does anyone know why a page which uses a master page with the title tag in the head section set, does not have any effect on the page's title.It just shows 'Untitled Page.'  You need to remove the title="Untitled Page" in the opening tags of the child page.  That appears to override the MasterPage title, which makes sense if you think about it.Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site Because when you add new page it has default setting "Untitled Page".     <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.mast...

passing values from a user control to the 'next page'
I have a user control which is used for login and to display a list of the Applications (next aspx pages) a user has signed up for   The user clicks the Application name in the list and is redirected using server.transfer to the next page   as a part of the login I collect data which is passed to the next page, I use 'Default sourcepage = (Default)Context.Handler;' in the next page to reference the source page   My problem is that as I am using an ascx I am passing the values from the Parent of the ascx and I cannot seem to get the data into the parent, ...

How to set a Master Page's control's property through content page on a postback event?
Hi all, i m using a master page in my application. i have a panel on master page and a tab container with three tab panels on content page. i want to set/change  the visibility of the panel control when the tab is changed on the content page. By default the panel is invisible. To implement this i executed the following steps: 1. Set AutoPostBack of tacontainer to true 2. Wrote an event handler for ActiveTabIndexChanged event of the tab container 3 Wrote the following code on Tab changed event   if (TabContainerEmpPerformance.ActiveTabIndex == 1) { ...

''''''''''''''''''''

How to make the 'Resume' page 'not public' ?
The title says it all :) How can I make the resume page only available to registered users? Thx Kresten <location path="Resume.aspx"> <system.web> <authorization> <deny users="?"/> </authorization> </system.web> </location>JeremyExtended Personal Site Starter kit You could create a folder called "Members".  Move the resume page in there and create a new web.config file.  The web config file will contain the following code..... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/....

'Inherits' attribute of 'Page' dierctives
Hi, I have the following page directive in my .aspx page. <%@ Page Inherits="Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Mobile.UI.MobilePage, Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Mobile, Version=0.6.0.0, PublicKeyToken=6f763c9966660626" Language="C#" %> I separated the UI code and the business logic code. I compiled my .cs file and put it in the bin directory. I changed the page directive to <%@ Page Inherits="MyNameSpace.CodeBehind" Language="C#" %> The program runs fine. but when I close the application and reopen it, mobile control page (.aspx file) is converted to html format! How...

The page executes and doesn't give any error. But it also didn't display the results, the page is blank.
The page executes and doesn't give any error. But it also didn't display the results, the page is blank.thank hi post your code and aspx files please regardsASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)...

how gridview's hyperlink record controls to next page for back
 image1 image2 image3 x   First, enter this page like image1 Second,when I select one value(like image 2), the gridview will appear (like image 3), If  I  press “edit” ,it will go to another page ,the page have a “back” buttom , but when I press “back” buttom ,it will back to image 1,I want back to like image 3,how can I record image 3 ‘s all controls value to another pages forback or have better solution    I am sorry but your images are no showing up.  I am also not understanding your questionPlease mark post as answerObilit.com - Pro...

'Index was out of range...Parameter:Index' when navigate the built-in page control in VS.NET 2005
I try to search for solution how to fix 'Index out ot range ....Parameter: index. I believe I got the problem like you had posted as following: ========================================================================================================== I think I have the answer.  Since your gv_RowCommand() is called by not only the command buttons you've specified (i.e.  Select, Edit, and even Test), but also by the built-in Paging feature.  So, when you have many pages (enough to exceed the number of rows allowed per page), then your gv_RowCommand() is called with e.CommandNa...

Collection Pager control for custom paging isn't allowing to navigate to the last page programatically.
I downloaded the Collection Pager to implement custom paging for my GridView.  http://www.codeproject.com/KB/custom-controls/CollectionPager.aspx Collection Pager control for custom paging isn't allowing to navigate to the last page programatically. The CurrentPage property I think shuld achieve this, but this is a readonly property. So, I can't set this. Anybody used this control, please let me know how can I navigate to the lat page. This control has certain bugs which I have discovered. Can anybody suggest a better and free custom paging custom/user control for custom...

'''''

How to add a button to 'Catalog Repeater' that can link to 'Itemdetail' page, and also displays the detail info of the item i selected.
Hi guys as the subject mentioned above, how can I create a button to repeater and it can link to the detail view page, in order to show the detail info of the item I selected from Catalog Repeater page. Here is my Catalog.aspx code(C#): <%@ Page Title="" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Catalog.aspx.cs" Inherits="Catalog" %> <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="head" Runat="Server"> <script language="javascript&...

The UpdatePanel 'x' was not present when the page's InitComplete event was raised.
Hello, I hope you can help me resolve/understand what's going on. Scenario: Our WebApp was created before the 2.0 Framework and what we did was our own version of Master Pages, we have 1 page w/ a Placeholder and inside the code we read the Querystring for the control that we want to load, the controls act as content pages. The Script manager is inside the "Master Page" I added update panels to the controls  but when I run the page it gives me this error The UpdatePanel 'aupCustomerDetails' was not present when the page's InitComplete event was raised. This is usually caused when an UpdatePanel is placed inside a template. but When I put the update panel inside the "Master Page" it works just fine, however it updates the entire control so it still looks like the entire page is refreshing, I want to be able to manage the sections that need to be refreshed. I think this is a critical limitation of current version Atlas. If you know when this limitation will be broken - pls, "click" me :). Look here: http://forums.asp.net/1266445/ShowThread.aspx#1266445 I managed to fix this issue, what I did was on the "Master Page" OnInit procedure, load the control I needed to load and so it loaded the UpdatePanel just fine, now my problem is that the UpdatePanel will not update the region I specified, it still updates the entire page....

'Save Page As' reloads current page.
This is freakin' me out. Using FireFox 2.0.0.2 On a local system running Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP/5.2.0 Access a php page that shells out and runs an executable. When complete the output of the executable is presented on the page as formatted text, I go to 'File -> Save Page As', provide a file name and click the Save button => FireFox reloads the page, re-running the executable. When the executable finishes (again) it saves the new output. Not a problem in IE6 - not that I care. On a second system running Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP/5.2.0 => not a proble...

Label control's text doesn't appear to be set (in the page which has a user control )when trying to update the text property in the FormView's ItemUpdated event
Hi There,I have a user control which hosts a formview control, gridview control and a label control. The grid view is usedto show rows in the DB and when clicked to edit each row, a form view opens up in edit mode with that particular row info. So I have nothing in the item template.My first question is..is it mandatory to have smth in the itemtemplate of the form view.I have controls in edititemtemplate and insertitemtemplate.When a particular row is edited, I would like to show a status msg showing that the row has been updated.For this, I use the ItemUpdated event of the formview and try ...

'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E
Name: Del Dyreson Email: drdyreson_at_earthlink.net Product: Firefox Summary: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E Comments: 'Can't save web pages, Ctrl+S. 'Can save same pages from I.E. I'm running Win2000Pro, Ver 5.0 (Build 2195, Service Pack 4). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 ...

why I __doPostBack('UpdatePanel2',''); the whole page refreshed
hi, I have a question about the UpdatePanel. you can see the below code, there are two UpdatePanel, there. in the UpdatePanel1, I have write a Javascript code to  __doPostBack('UpdatePanel2','');   but I dont know what the problem is , the whole page is refreshed. I think it should only UpdatePanel2 been refreshed. Does anyone know what the problem it is? thanks yang <asp:Content ID="content" ContentPlaceHolderID="PurchaseOrderContent" Runat="Server">    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1...

The 'MasterPageFile' attribute is not supported by the 'page' directive.
While just copying and pasting the standard master page example from the microsoft website: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvs05/html/masterpages.asp I'm constantly receiving the following error, what am I doing wrong here? ---------------------- Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: The 'MasterPageFile' attribute is not supported by the 'page' directive. Source ...

Web resources about - gridview paging: hide the 'next' link on last page of results - asp.net.presentation-controls