GridView Control Without table generation

Hi All,

I have a simple question i think, i have a pageable GridView Control i i'm having some problems with the table html element that is generated by the control.

Is it possible to say that i don't want any table generation with the GRIDVIEW ?

Tks in Advance

PedroBernardo

0
PetersCafe

i think this is possible, when you are overriding the Render mtd of page..

but how can you show the data..of gridview on the page if u r not generating tables??

Thanks,
Mahadeo

Best is Not the END point, but a starting point for Innovation
Remember to mark posts as the "Answer" to help future users.
0
Mahadeomatre

How to add the data present in the controls to a table control without any database involvement.
Hi All,i am four controls where i will write the text and once i click the add button those should get added to the table .i want 6 columns fixed in the table and rows as many as required.i tried doing that taking a table server control and able to load the table.but the problem is whenver i am adding a new row the old one is gfetting overwritten by this and at the end i am getting only one row.  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table t1 = new System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table();  i have declared the below one global TableRow tr; TableCell tc1; TableCell tc2; TableCell tc...

masterpage and control formatting (table control, HTML table control)
I have a master page that contains 1 contentplaceholder.  In my default.aspx (that uses the masterpage layout) I have a table server control.  During page_load I get the data I need and repeatedly add the usercontrol to the table control, one user control per row.  My user control is basically a HTML table with several rows and columns that's populated with data upon creation. I want this table to fill the contentplaceholder's width. In addition within the masterpage I have a CSS link for my stylesheet. Here are my questions: Is there a better way of adding ...

gridview control in another gridview control
Hi ia have a questioni have a gridview control which contains button in one colum.now my question is i need another gridview to be placed in the  first gidviewso that when i click on the button the second gridview will populate the data.now my question is how to place second gridview in first gridview.or is there any approach like first grid itself acting as parent and child.please help me  Hi sirikalavalapalli:                I think nested gridview will help you. Check this link and it will show you how...

Gridview control embedded in another gridview control
I am writing an ambulance crew scheduling application on the web and I need some help completing the last part.  I have an access database that has three tables: user table, shift table (describing the shifts available), and a schedule table (that stores shift by shift_id and user by user_id).  I have a gridview control that will display the available shifts but I cannot get the embedded gridview control that will display the user that is signed up for each shift to display because I cannot figure out how to use the OnRowDataBound method.  I need a simple VB example of how to...

Help Req: !!! :- On Disabling Controls Present inside a Gridview control
Hi All, We have A requirement Where we have disable controls inside a grid.These controls can be textbox, DropDownlist (in TemplateField), ComandField present inside the grid.We have to call a generic method for doing the same .(since it can be done for multiple grid.) PFB the code snippet we use. Which disables all the controls inside the page.The bolded part of the code is used to loop inside a grid view.(Not Working.)Is this ideal way to deal with the requirement.Or can someone suggest be a better way.        public void DisableMe(Page p1, st...

There is a Gridview Control in the tmplate field of another GridView Control.
    For instance,a gridview displays the information of the  students in a class.A table is recording the information except their mark.There is another table recording the mark of the students whose foreign key is the primary key of the previous table.   string strSQLconnection=".................."; SqlConnection sqlCononection=new SqlConnection(strSQLconnection); SqlCommand sqlCommand=new SqlCommand("select * from stuendent where classID=1",sqlConnection); SqlConnection.Open(); SqlDataReader reader=sqlCommand.ExecuteReader(); GridVie...

Precise Control over GridView controls?
Hi.When you create a GridView in visual studios and bind it to, say, an SqlDataSource, it automatically creates fields and templates according to the types retrieved from the data source. (ie, it creates a Label for number/string columns, checkboxField for booleans, etc). My question: How do I control precisely what WebControls/Fields are used for each column?thanks,Tombow Hi Tombow Using TemplateFields you can control that explicitly.  See the Data Tutorial #12 at http://www.asp.net/learn/dataaccess/default.aspx?tabid=63 for more details. Hope that helps. AaronDon't...

SqlDataSource Control and Gridview control
Hi, I'm new to web development and learning about these controls.  The books teach you to bind the gridview control to an sqldatasource to perform delete,update,insert functions as well as to list the records in a table.  Is this standard practice for real world applications?  Or is there another way that should be used to display/manage table data in the gridview control? Thanks. Tulsi Using a sqldatasource is the best way I know of for binding data to a gridview.  (I'm pretty new to web development too, so maybe someone else can chime in if they know someth...

validation controls in gridview control
hi, I m using the grid view to add,edit,update,delete the data table. Everything is fine.In the footertemplate i get the values through text boxes and drop down lists.i took place sm validation controls to validate these controls.the problem arises here.if i want to update the record after i click the edit button, it validate the page n dont allow me to update the record.I want to validate the particular controls only. i checked if any causes validation property for update button.there is nothing like that. pls help me.. thanks in advance gowri  regards,gowripillaimark as answer if...

using controlS to control a gridview
This question is probably posted but i did not bother to look at 10,000+ posts so i am sorry. I've seen the tutorial where he builds a dataset and uses a gridview and controls the gridview with the drop down list box. What i am trying to do is to control the gridview with 2 drop down list boxes. First select the Country you life in and then the State. I've looked at the grid view properties but couldn't find where i can add another parameter. Is it possible to control a grid view (or any form of displaying the information) with more than 1 controller? Thank You.  ...

code for Custom paging without using sqldatasource control and sql datasource control for gridview...........
 code for Custom paging without using sqldatasource control and sql datasource control for gridview...........i need code for how to show all pagenumbers in gridview with custom paging in gridview..............It is very urgent................................. T.Ashok Kumar  suppose that we have a table like thisCountryId  identity intCountryTitle    nvarchar(50)you can use this sql command for paging the dataUSE [CyberOffice]GO/****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[CountryGetListPaged]    Script Date: 09/17/2008 14:01:06 ******/SET A...

Web resources about - GridView Control Without table generation - asp.net.presentation-controls

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Star Trek: The Next Generation (often abbreviated to TNG ) is an American science fiction television series created by Gene Roddenberry as part ...

View from the Street: What have future generations ever done for Leyonhjelm?
And which disgruntled backbencher is undermining the government today? Your news of the day, reduced to a snarky rant.

Australia's new generation of jihadists: Potential terror cell tried to recruit 14-year-old
Members of a group of men and boys regarded by police as capable of killing a random member of the public in the name of Islamic State have attempted ...

FTC Hosts Workshop On Lead Generation
On October 30, 2015, the FTC held a workshop on lead generation to explore online lead generation in various industries.

Seventh Generation Selects 72andSunny After Review
Seventh Generation has named 72andSunny, New York, to lead strategy and brand development for its home and personal care products following a ...

Generation Z Takes Breaks From Mobile, Social
People born after 1995, referred to as Generation Z , always have their faces buried in their mobile devices. Or do they? A recent study by ...

Arcimoto Generation 8 SRK is a 3-wheeled lesson in persistence
... States , Motorcycle , Electric Arcimoto has just presented the eighth version of its electric three wheeler, appropriately named the Generation ...

Night Beats releasing 3rd LP 'Who Sold My Generation' (listen to "Power Child"), playing Montreal & Toronto ...
by Bill Pearis Seattle trio Night Beats will release their third album, Who Sold My Generation, on January 28, 2016 on Heavenly Recordings. The ...

One of the most incredible stunts in history has inspired a generation of daredevils and outlaws on Instagram ...
You know those YouTube videos of the crazy Russians dangling from skyscrapers in China? How about the urban outlaws who train surf, with their ...

Nest Reveals Third Generation Learning Thermostat
The ever-popular Nest Learning Thermostat has now reached its third generation, with the new model being revealed this week. Nest, the company ...