Getting data from controls in Edit mode, I'm confused about control access

I have datagrid with a few BoundColumns, and one TemplateColumn.
In edit mode, while trying to save the new record (clicking on "Save")
I want to get the new values, I figure out that for BoundColumn I need to get it by :

((TextBox)e.Item.Cells[0].Controls[0]).Text

And for TemplateColum I need to do :

(TextBox)e.Item.Cells[5].Controls[1]).Text

Means, for boundcolumn I'm accessing the first control,
and for templatecolumn, the second one.

am I right ? If so, why is that ?

Thanks !
0
Just

Getting User Control's Control Data
I am building a wizard that will pull opt reports.  Page 1 let's you pick a website you want to work with based on listings in a table.  Page 2 displays which options you can include in your opt report by bit fields in the same table that fills the dropdown on Page1.  Based on which fields get  a 1, user controls are loaded to display the options.  My question is this: How can I get the information on the options the user selects from the individual user controls? I've read up on serialization but I don't know how to capture an event that fires when a page submits a...

How to apply ID to each control & find that specific control again to get data from the control?
Hi. i have problem with my codes & need someone help to fix my codes. my case is in addRow function, when i click the button, i will add textbox & dropdownlist control dynamically. but after click Save button, i got error msg  " File saved failed. Reason is as follows System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Default2.Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\WebSite2\Default2.aspx.vb:line 290  (objStreamWriter.WriteLine(CStr(MapTable.Rows.Count...

Getting Information from the Controls (TemplateField or BoundField ) from any of the Data Presentation Controls
Hello Everybody,I have a very important question for me.For example, I have a GridView.It has three BoundFields and one TemplateFieldI want to get information from any of the record (row,line etc ) using any of the BoundFields or TemplateFields.And also I want to accomplish this not only with GridView but also other Data Presentation Controls, DetailsView FormView and Repeater.Shortly, Can anybody help me how to refer Controls in GridView, FormView, DetailsView, RepeaterPS: I have searched in Google and many sites,forums. But I couldn't see any solution and see that many people ask the same ...

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

User Control Within UserControl
If I have a user control A and then inside it a user control B embedded/referenced within it.  User Control A has a panel defined (cpeNewUser) that I want to manipulate from the code behind of User Control B based on some event that happens.So putting this in my code behind of User Control B won't work as it has no idea of cpeNewUser:cpeNewUser.Collapsed = true;So is it because only at runtime they are married up and because of this you cannot access each other's objects at compile time?  How would I get this to work becuase I'm using all user controls inside a AJAX Too...

ajax control in data presentation controls
can i add ajax controls (MaskedEdit) to presentation controls (dataGrid, dataForm)?? Hi,of course. But keep in mind that those controls are extenders, so you append them to an existing control. Just convert your GridView / DetailsView-fields into templated fields and add the extender you'd like to use to the controls.RegardsMarco Buerckel Don't forget to mark posts that were helpful as answers. Actually, if you looked at the source code for the Masked Edit Extender, you'd see  [TargetControlType(typeof(TextBox))]Meaning, targeting any control type other than textboxes...

Visibility control of Panel control and its affect on data controls
Thought I would toss this out here this morning and perhaps someone else had run across the same issue and had found a good way to accomplish what I want. First let me state what I'm attempting to do and the problem that I've run into.  GridView1 has a collection of rows in a SQL table that I want to present to the user. I've provided them the options of sorting and selecting only from the GridView control.  Orgionally, I had created a detail view that was being presented in Edit mode and then customized the layout of the edit item template to suit my needs.&nbs...

How to access page control (editor control) from user control?
Hi, I want to do something, but I don't know if it's even possible. I'm trying to make a simple application to edit my website. I have a page called editPage.aspx which contains an editor control. (cuteEditor from cutesoft) I also have a Treeview that dynamically populates my website structure. I placed this treeview in a custom control (populateTreeView.ascx) and placed it on the editPage.aspx page. When you click on a html file in the treeview (inside the custom control) I check if the file exists. If it does exists I send it to a class which retrieves the editable region within this ...

Custom Control within a Control Control

Web resources about - Getting data from controls in Edit mode, I'm confused about control access - asp.net.presentation-controls

Run-fests no more as bowlers take control in Adelaide
The extent to which batsmen struggled in Adelaide would have exceeded even the most pessimistic of forecasts.

‘Enough Is Enough’: Obama Demands More Gun Control After Colorado Shooting
President Obama again turned to gun control as a potential solution to the horrific act

Obama pushes for gun control after Colorado shooting
"This is not normal," president says after gunman fatally shoots three people, including police officer, at Planned Parenthood facility

Windows 10 vs. OS X: Which gives sys admins more control?
Now, nearly everything can be managed as if it were a mobile device, using APIs at the operating system for assured reach and consistent implementation ...

Boldin: Gabbert 'heck of a quarterback, he's poised, under control'
Skip to main content CSN Bay Area Header links TV Listings Contact App Email Follow Bar RSN login or register Login Search form Search 43° Navigation ...

Democrats New Plan For Gun Control – A Secret Government Terrorist Watch List
They call it the "Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2015"

Mind-Control Bacteria Stop You From Eating Too Much
Gut microbes release proteins that stop the brain from thinking you're still hungry.

Indonesia says pilot response to faulty rudder control caused AirAsia crash
Indonesia says pilot response to faulty rudder control caused AirAsia crash

Easy Power Supply Mod Takes Control
... supplies are great for the home hobbyist, featuring wide voltage range and current limiting for a low price. What’s not to love? The controls; ...