Generation of Dynamic Data Grid / Table

How to generate a Dynamic Data Grid / Table at run time using all the propertis of Rowspan and Colspan.

i.e. To avoid the duplicate values in the table I need to do either rowspan or colspan at the runtime itself.
Based on the value retreiving from the database, I need to do rowspan or colspan according to my values.

with Thanks & Regards,

Madhu.
0
madhubalan

Do you mean you need to merge the adjacent cells, no matter in rows or columns, if their values are equal?

If so, you will need the build the table manually. I mean you will have to extract the data from the database into the datatable, loop through rows/columns and then perform the forward 'spanning' (write a procedure that will look-up all the matching values around the cell passed as a parameter and define the column/row spans). You might need to implement quite a complicated logic in case you have spans going over more than 2 cells. You will also have to mark the cells as already used in case spans are created.
Let me know if you need further help. I have never done this myself but trying it would be fun
Bug [MCSD]
0
Bug_Bugger
6/8/2004 10:45:20 AM
Bugger is right...you'll have to write the algorithms yourself. I've got some sample code, it's complex and in vb.net, I can post/email it if you need me too. The only thing my code doesn't do is change the rowspan, but that's not that hard to incorporate.

Let me know.
-Jeff Evans

Programmer Analyst

Triton Management Group, Inc.

http://www.tritonmanagementgroup.com
0
dotnetsp2

Dynamic table generation by JavaScript, Accessing row and data of dynamic table in C# code

Display Data in Table or Data Grid Control horisontaly
How do I put the data from DataReader or DataSet to DataGrid or Table control. Let's say I have pictures to be displayed (40 pictures) I need to to display 2 pictures per row and 10 per page and have 4 pages of the pictures. How do I do that. Have a look at the Datalist control - you can set the number of rows or columns to be displayedIf it was easy, everybody would be doing it....

how to insert data in to the data base from a dynamically generated user control
Hi, I am loading one user control dynamically multiple times in a single page inside of an dynamically generated html table row. I am able to load that user contol dynamically multiple times, but the problem is , i want to enter data in the dynamically loaded user control's text boxes and insert the same data in to the database tables. please provide me a simple example to insert data in to the data base from dynamically generated user control. ?   The code for dynamically loading an user control which i have written is as follows:   using System; using System.Data; using...

How to add the data present in the controls to a table control without any database involvement.
Hi All,i am four controls where i will write the text and once i click the add button those should get added to the table .i want 6 columns fixed in the table and rows as many as required.i tried doing that taking a table server control and able to load the table.but the problem is whenver i am adding a new row the old one is gfetting overwritten by this and at the end i am getting only one row.  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table t1 = new System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table();  i have declared the below one global TableRow tr; TableCell tc1; TableCell tc2; TableCell tc...

Help with dynamic controls and retrieving data from dynamic controls
I am new to web development. My requirement is Text boxes get generated dynamically based on user input on click of a button called Ok after user enters values to these textboxes when user clicks on submit button ,values user entered to these textboxes have to be retrieved for further calculation I am generating text boxes in the ok button click event how to retrieve value user enters to these n where the procedure for that to be placed here u need to give name to id of every texbox in a specugic patterns so than u can know next time.   static int i = 0;protected...

Showing data in a dynamic table with the help of a dynamic table
   Hi Friends,I've a DataReader which fetches records.I'm able to show the records in a gridview but my problem is how to show the records in a  dynamic table?  I was doing it in following way...........   Sub gvBind(ByVal ToDate As Date, ByVal FromDate As Date)MyConn = New SqlConnection(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings(strConn))  MySqlCom = New SqlCommand("ADMsp_Fetch_DailySales", MyConn) MySqlCom.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure MySqlCom.CommandTimeout = 1000MySqlCom.Parameters.Add("@todate", S...

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

create and add controls dynamically to dynamically created Table Control
How can i create web server Table control dynamically with vary number of  rows and columns, and  then adding  further  other controls(like  dropdown, Text box etc.)  randomly to the specific created Table Cells. First of all you should use PlaceHolder control to add Table control to it:<asp:PlaceHolder id="PH" runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder>Code Behinde:Table t = new Table();TableRow tr = new TableRow();TableCell td = new TableCell();//td.Text = "Hello, I am a TD";// Here well create TextBox and add it to TDTextBox txt = new TextBox();tx...

Text from a Dynamically generated TextBox in a Dynamically generated Table and Ajax
Hi I have made an Ajax enabled asp page. I get a table when i click on a button. I dynamically create this table and show it using ajax. The Cells of the table contains TextBoxes. Now I have another button (Button2) which takes the text from the first textbox (id="text0") and displays it. The problem is this second button (Button2), it doesnt work correctly. That is, if I type something on the first textbox (text1) and click on the button2, it does not show me the change in the textbox. This is the code for the button2 onClick event. protected void Button2_Click(object sen...

Dynamically Generated Controls in Data List
Hi everyoneI'm working on a project, and I've come to a standstill.  I'm trying to create a photo proof approval application that will allow my photography clients to go through unsorted photos (that I have dropped into a folder on the server) and either leave them in the "Unsorted Pile", place them in the "Discard Pile" or place them in the "Approved Pile."So far, the application has the following functionality:Displays images in the "images" directory by scanning the directory for JPGs.Dynamically generates thumbnails via access of another file (thumb.aspx) and a query string ("img=im...

Data Table/Data Grid
Hi, I have a "survey results" page located here: http://www.airsep.net/forms/surveyresults.aspx I need to do two things. 1) Have the "Mean" column round to the nearest 10th and display a 0 when it is a whole number 2) When the user selects percent, I would like a percent symbol displayed next to each number. Here is my code so far: Sub CalculateSubmissions(ByVal Type As Integer) 'Type - 1)Percentage ' 2)Numbers Dim dt As New DataTable Dim question(13) As String question(1) = "How would you rate the accessibility of our Customer Se...

need help with autopopulating a data grid from a control parameter of another data grid
I have a datagrid that binds based on what the user selects from a different data grid.  I would like to populate it in the page load based on the first index of the first data grid, or in other words i want the first record automatically selected and the second datagrid to have data before the user selects a record.  thanks for any help. Hi, jwkeenan: You can set the this.SqlDataSource1.SelectParameters[1].DefaultValue = dataGrid1.Items[0].Cells[0].ToString(); in the page load event.Best Regards,__________________________________________________Sincerely,Rex LinMicrosoft Onlin...

2nd Data Grid Control
Hi, i have a DataGrid control on page that has a hyperlinked field.  When you click on the hyperlink the page opens, and returns the selected information from the database as it is supposed to.  However, I wanted to put another dataGrid on the hyperlinked page that pulls up more information about the hyperlinked item.  I tried this SQL statement but it returns all the rows of the database, when in actuality all i want it the second dataGrid to show certain columns from a different DB table.   SELECT     tbllog.IttNumber, tbllog.IttLog, tbllog.Lo...

Web resources about - Generation of Dynamic Data Grid / Table - asp.net.presentation-controls

History of video game consoles (fourth generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the history of computer and video games , the fourth generation (more commonly referred to as the 16-bit era ) of games consoles began on ...

Poll: What features do you want to see in the next-generation Apple Watch 2?
If Apple only includes one new standout feature on its second-generation Apple Watch next year, what should it be? We already asked you if you’re ...

Why Are We Disappointed in the Next Generation?
... or choose to learn the hard way. Standard parenting stuff. Those are the same complaints my mother had. When it comes to the younger generation, ...

PSA: Get all three current-generation consoles for $570
... available on the other two. For those gamers, GameStop has an online deal that means you don't have to choose. The new Pre-owned Next Generation ...

Santa brought you a 4th generation Apple TV? Here's what to do first
As far as I'm concerned, Apple won 2015 feel free to disagree. According to yours truly, the privacy-focused company holds the crowns for best ...

Enter to win the 4th generation Apple TV!
... a television personal assistant…wait, actually, that last one’s within reach. Enter our latest giveaway for a chance to win the fourth generation ...

UNESCO and Panasonic Launch Educational Support Programs for the Next Generation in Off-Grid Communities ...
UNESCO and Panasonic Corporation launch educational support programs for the next generation in off-grid communities in Myanmar and donate 500 ...

Snapchat is going to reach a billion users thanks to “Gen-S” — the smartphone generation
... is going to reach a billion users, challenging Facebook, YouTube, and mainstream media, for the attention of “Gen-S” — the smartphone generation. ...

Cartoon: A long time ago, generations far, far away...

Cisco to build NBE's modern generation of secured data centres
Daily News Egypt Cisco to build NBE's modern generation of secured data centres Daily News Egypt The National Bank of Egypt (NBE) employed ...