editable gridview when user click external edit button

Hi Friend,

I have gridview with columns id, fname, lname and email.

I have bound the gridview from the table.

Now my requirement is:

I need to have editable gridview with edit button external to gridview.

I can do it, if the edit button is internal to gridview.

But I want to achieve editable gridview when user click external edit button.

Is it possible or any other control that have this future?

Thanks,

Farooq

Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right.
0
susain

 Do you want to make a certain row editable or the entire grid?

Please mark post as answer
Obilit.com - Progressive Web Methodologies

My Blog
0
nvanhaaster
10/1/2008 4:36:33 AM

do u want to edit a particular row r entire grid

can u explain wy u want to edit the grid  with external edit button.

or u can go with dynamic gridview

Thank u

Baba

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.
0
srijaya_ramaraju

GridView, Edit Row, user control button
I succesfully put a custom control inside a placeholder inside a cell when editing a row but when i click on a button or do anything which causes a postback the control disappears.protected void DropDownList1_OnSelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) { GridViewRow editrow = GridView1.Rows[GridView1.EditIndex]; PlaceHolder p1 = (PlaceHolder)editrow.FindControl("OptionsPlaceHolder"); DropDownList ddl1 = (DropDownList)sender; if (ddl1.SelectedItem.Text == "Combo") { Control uc1 = LoadControl("~/Us...

GridView control enters edit mode only when I click Edit link twice
Hi all..I have a GridView control in an ASP.NET 2.0 page. I added a column that contains edit, update, cancel buttons. Because I did that, I had to handle RowEditing event or an exception was thrown.Well... this is the body of the RowEditing event:protected void gvParametros_RowEditing(object sender, GridViewEditEventArgs e){      gvParametros.EditIndex = e.NewEditIndex;}The fact is that when page is loaded and I click the edit link, page is refreshed but GridView doesn't enter edit mode. When I press edit link again, GridView enters edit mode.Any help to solve this behavior w...

Direct editing of gridView or Ddatagrid controls without clicking on an EDIT link
I have an application where lots of data is presented to the user in a gridView control and the user needs the option to review and overwrite any values in the cells of the grid.  My users find it very annoying and time consuming to click on an edit link to turn a row of the gridView into edit mode.  Typically, they might jump around and edit a few values in several rows.  Is there any way to present the data in a gridView control, datagrid control or something that looks like a grid where the entire grid is already in edit mode?  Can you make a grid that cont...

prevent other user from editing gridview, when one user edit the same row.
Hi I have grid view in my web form. I need to prevent other user from editing, when one user edit the same row. Please give suggestions  its impossible in the sense as we can't check real-time who else are going to take the gridview for editing simultaneously....those who edit and submit last, that data will be populated in the page.Do remember to mark this as Answer if this fix your problemThanks & RegardsBinuKumar S Hi rosesarered , You can not prevent other user from editing. But you can kown whether the record you are editing is changed by other user or not.  ...

Gridview: Click edit button causes my Gridview to disappear.
When I use the following code, and click the "Edit" button for one of my rows, the entire Gridview dissapears on postback... Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load If Page.IsPostBack = False Then MainCats.AutoGenerateColumns = True MainCats.AutoGenerateEditButton = True MainCats.DataSource = MainCategory.FetchByParameter(MainCategory.Columns.Status, Comparison.Like, "ACTV") MainCats.DataBind() End If End Sub Protected Sub MainCats_RowEditing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridVie...

GridView: editing without clicking edit link
Hi guys, I'd like to edit the content of the gridview without using 'edit' link. User can just click the cell and edit the data. Any links or thoughts would be appreciate.I can do it! Well, I have not tried but take a look at this: http://www.targetprocess.com/blog/2007/10/grid-inline-editing-using-aspnet-ajax.html Other than these, there are 3rd party grids which let you do MS Excel like editing. A Google search will help.Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem. I don't want to pay for the control. Googled, but no luck. Any ideas?I can do it! ...

Is there really an easy way to click and edit a cell value at run time (without having to click on Edit and Update links) in GridView?
 Link for an answer is broken. Anyway I want know just that. RegardsLeif  I'm talking with absolutely no knowledge, but why not to trigger "onblur" event in the client textbox and forward it to whatever the edit-and-update links go?...

how to disable editing for some of the value in the gridview when edit function is clicked
hi, could anyone tell me how to disable the values for the gridview. Hiyou can convert it to a template field (ie the column thta you want people to not change)then you can change the textbox to a label control in the edititem templated field.Does that make sense?example below... <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="id" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource2" Style="position: relative"> <Columns> <asp:CommandField ShowEditButton="True" /> <asp:BoundField Da...

Gridview shows both Edit hyperlink and Commandfield Edit button
I'm a little puzzled why my ASP.NET page continues to show 2 edit options in my Gridview.   I've included a Commandfield Edit Button in the last column of the gridview yet at run time I continue to see the Edit link in the first column.  Note: the link isn't there in Design Mode.  What's even more puzzling is that this webpage has several AJAX panels within a tab Container (the aforementioned gridview is the first tab) and there are other Gridviews in other tabs that aren't displaying the edit link in the 1st column. Here is my code .....

Calling the Edit command instead of clicking the Edit button
Hi, Can I have a datagrid that can click any where in the row to call the Edit Command instead of clicking the Edit Button? Cheers. PLLMS Hi, I wrote a receipt with similar subject in the Cookbook, where you can set the EditItemIndex instead of SelectedIndex as shown in the receipt: Implementing Support for DoubleClicks in a DataGrid Regards Thanks, Colt. My code can now call the Edit Command where ever i click in a row. But i have another question. I have a number of columns on my datagrid. Am I able to get the column (cell) number on which User clicks...

Enable Radiobutton in Gridview that has Alternate rows when edit button is clicked, using GridView.RowCreated
OK I have a gridview that has alternate rows enabled to make it look pretty :) I also have Radiobuttons in an ItemTemplate that are disabled (from editing) on the load of the gridview.  What I want to do is when I click Edit I want the radiobuttons enabled.  Well I got that part down accept every other will not enable the radio buttons.  I know I have to check the status of the row to see if it an alternate row but how would I then enable the controls on that row for edit.  Here is my code I have been playing with.   any suggestion would be great...  1 &...

customvalidator on a user control UC1 when the user clicks a button located on a different user control UC2 on the page
Hi, I am maintaining page where a user control is initialized  dynamically. The user control UC1 has a customvalidator using server side validation. When the postback is caused by a button inside the user control UC1 causes the postback, the customvalidator works fine and I get my validation results displayed. However, If I click a button located on a second user control UC2 on the main aspx page, the validation doesn t execute and I get no result validation error displayed. My question,how can I make the validation execute on the user control  UC1 when the postback is caused by...

Web resources about - editable gridview when user click external edit button - asp.net.presentation-controls

TextGrabber + Translator: OCR recognize, translate and save editable text from any printed material on ...
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about TextGrabber + Translator: OCR recognize, translate and save editable ...

Google Play Music iOS app updated with editable playlists and more
... about iPhone , Apps , and iOS continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Google Play Music iOS app updated with editable playlists ...

[Deal Alert] Equil Smartpen 2, Which Converts Your Handwritten Notes Into Editable Digital Copies, Currently ...
If you're in the market for a way to handwrite notes and convert them into a digital format that you can edit, head over to StackSocial right ...

QuickAdvice: TextGrabber Allows You To Capture Text As Editable Text
There are those times when you come across some text in a printed document that you need to make note of. TextGrabber lets you take a picture ...

Price Drop: Text Recognizer Pro ™ OCR regconition app for scan character image and convert to editable ...
Text Recognizer Pro ™ OCR regconition app for scan character image and convert to editable documents 1.1 Device: iOS iPhone Category: Business ...

How to convert scanned images into editable Word files
... could be tedious and time consuming if the document were long. Therefore, we need a software of some kind that can convert images into editable ...

SALE: Turn your handwritten notes into editable digital copies with the Equil Smartpen
There are times when it’s satisfying to write notes or doodle with a good old pen and paper. The downside is that once you’ve written that note ...

PDF2Office Professional Makes PDF Files Into Editable Office Docs
... This is exactly the situation PDF2Office is for— Edit PDF Files with PDF2Office Professional v6: Convert PDF & Windows XPS files into Editable ...

The Editable 'Print A Cheat-Sheet On An Aquafina Bottle Label And Ace Your Test' Website
... the hell out of some tests, but you know what? I did it in a blaze of glory and HONOR. Just in time for exams comes the White Weasel editable ...

Tablet Cheat Sheet 2.0: Now an editable spreadsheet
... thread and jumped in to help by putting the key info into a web-based spreadsheet. I’ve added more data and also made it publicly editable ...