edit textbox for multiline data/word wrapping in edit mode

I have a textbox, that the data is long,so I want to wrap and allow for multi line mode.
in this example, the data does not get displayed, when I remove the multiline textmode,the data is displayed.
this is an editable datagrid.
any suggestion on what I can do to get this to work.
I have this set in the data grid properties:
ItemStyle-Wrap=true EditItemStyle-Wrap=True
actual column to be displayed:
<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Title Description">

<ItemTemplate>
<asp:TextBox id="txttitledesc" cssclass=editdata width=500px TextMode=MultiLine Height=50px runat="server" value=<%#container.dataitem("title_desc")%>></asp:TextBox>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>
0
beverlyharris

Edit control is not loaded in edit mode
I have a problem that the dynamic data field edit control (such as TEXT_edit.ascx) is not loaded when in edit mode. Instead, the normal view control is loaded (such as Text.ascx). In debug I can determina the page mode is truly edit mode. Please help! Could you provide some more context: is this in a custom page with a custom column set or one of the default scaffold pages? Are you using a UIHintAttribute? Make sure the names of the display and edit versions match.Marcin DoboszSDE, ASP.NET Team, MicrosoftRead my blog This is just a thought are you using Views rather than ...

editing the size of a textbox in edit mode in datagrid
while am clicking on edit button of a datagrid textboxs are opening in edit mode.but they are too big and i wanna fix their length.how can i do that???plz help me out............ Use column templates and custom textboxes so you can set them CSS styles.Don't forget to mark solution providing post as "Answered".It helps others to find correct solutions!Also visit my ASP.NET blog! Instead of <BoundColumn> use <TamplatedColumn> - there you can add <asp:Textbox ...> and specify its width http://authors.aspalliance.com/aspxtreme/webforms/controls/addin...

Getting data from controls in Edit mode, I'm confused about control access
I have datagrid with a few BoundColumns, and one TemplateColumn.In edit mode, while trying to save the new record (clicking on "Save")I want to get the new values, I figure out that for BoundColumn I need to get it by : ((TextBox)e.Item.Cells[0].Controls[0]).Text And for TemplateColum I need to do : (TextBox)e.Item.Cells[5].Controls[1]).Text Means, for boundcolumn I'm accessing the first control,and for templatecolumn, the second one.   am I right ? If so, why is that ?   Thanks !...

Multiline editing problems in DW edit control on Tabpage
Hi, I have a text column in a datawindow that is used for data entry. It behaves like a multiline edit control except that when the user hits the "enter" key the cursor does not move to a new line. Since the entries need to be in paragraph form, this is a problem. Cutting and pasting documents from email or a word processor works just fine. Any ideas on how to get the column to allow carriage returns? TIA, Jim ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp checkout KeyDown event. "Jim" <Jeem62@a...

Cannot editing data in a data Control
I use VWD 2005 Express edition. I try to use a data control to insert and update data. I did the following steps: 1.In the Toolbox, from the Data group, drag a GridView control onto the page. 2. Right-click the GridView control, click Show Smart Tag, and then on the GridView Tasks menu, in the Choose Data Source box, click SqlDataSource1. 3. On the GridView Tasks menu, click Configure Data Source. 4. Click Next to advance to the Configure the Select Statement page of the wizard. 5. On the Configure the Select Statement page, click Advanced, try to select the Generate INSERT, U...

To edit or no to edit
Jon, Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like I wrote utterly crap?-) -- Pieter "Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates, Apache in house." -- Usenet signature Pieter Zijlstra wrote: > Jon, > > Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like > I wrote utterly crap?-) Oh boy, the edit button vanished from the web-forum ... ;-) -- Pieter "Humor is also a way of saying something serious." -- T. S. Eliot (1888 - 1965) Pieter Zijlstra wrote: ...

Cannot editing data in a data Control
I use VWD 2005 Express edition. I try to use a data control to insert and update data. I did the following steps: 1.In the Toolbox, from the Data group, drag a GridView control onto the page. 2. Right-click the GridView control, click Show Smart Tag, and then on the GridView Tasks menu, in the Choose Data Source box, click SqlDataSource1. 3. On the GridView Tasks menu, click Configure Data Source. 4. Click Next to advance to the Configure the Select Statement page of the wizard. 5. On the Configure the Select Statement page, click Advanced, try to select the Generate INSERT, UPDAT...

Edit but no edit

Any trick to edit any colmun in a TListview control report mode? [Edit]
I mean every subitems from the list (report mode), not just the caption, editing done within the list itself. Or any third-party TListView derived from Delphi TListView that do allow it (not TVirtualStringTree). Thanks. <richard poulin> wrote in message news:104692@forums.codegear.com... > I mean every subitems from the list (report mode), not just the caption, > editing done within the list itself. How to use the Build-in Editor of TListView to Edit SubItems http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/23873 -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) > {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:...

Getting data from a textbox in Edit mode...
I have a gridview that is throwing an error when i try to retrieve a value in a textbox in edit mode.  The error is...Could not find control '#ZipCodeEdit.txtZipCode' in ControlParameter 'Zip'.The Gridview looks like: <asp:gridview ID="ZipCodeEdit" AutoGenerateEditButton=True runat="Server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" CellPadding="3" > <Columns> <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Zip">  <Itemtemplate>   <asp:HyperLink ID="lnkZip" Runat="server&q...

Editable/Not Editable
Hello All, I have some webform(.aspx page) in which i have some controls (for input) and i would like to make that screen editable/not editable based on some condition. how can i do that.  the whole intent is user can read the information but can't change.  shiva kumar If you want to make the controls editable/non-editable, you can set their ReadOnly property to true or false accordingly. What exactly do you imply by making the screen editable/non-editable?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! i mean to say i would like to show the current values but user should not mod...

GridView control enters edit mode only when I click Edit link twice
Hi all..I have a GridView control in an ASP.NET 2.0 page. I added a column that contains edit, update, cancel buttons. Because I did that, I had to handle RowEditing event or an exception was thrown.Well... this is the body of the RowEditing event:protected void gvParametros_RowEditing(object sender, GridViewEditEventArgs e){      gvParametros.EditIndex = e.NewEditIndex;}The fact is that when page is loaded and I click the edit link, page is refreshed but GridView doesn't enter edit mode. When I press edit link again, GridView enters edit mode.Any help to solve this behavior w...

how do I write data to a formview control in Edit Mode?
In my database I have a text field that displays a comma separated string of departments. I want the formview, when in edit or insert mode, to show a checkboxlist control for each department. If a user clicks on checkbox items 1 and 2, then I should be able to create a string in my code "item1, item2" and then somehow write that string back to the bound field in the database. I have NO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS AND IM GOING NUTS!!!!!! I haven't been able to find much help online and I have posted alread to this forum...  Can someone please help me figure out how I can accom...

Web resources about - edit textbox for multiline data/word wrapping in edit mode - asp.net.presentation-controls

NestaDB for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about NestaDB on the App Store. Download NestaDB and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

Open Directory - Business: Telecommunications: Equipment: Business Systems
... companies that primarily repair & refurbish telecommunications equipment for other companies or individuals. This equipment includes multiline ...

Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser/User manual - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
/u int - /u loads a specified (either by user name or by its number in the list of profiles) user profile, and logs into it. Profile must exist, ...

Windows 7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
less than three years after the release of its predecessor, Windows Vista . Windows 7's server counterpart, Windows Server 2008 R2 , was released ...

NEC PBX & Telephone Systems For Small Business Sydney
The NEC Xen Axis/Master telephone system has been discontinued. We continue to provide spare parts and support for this system through our offices ...

Surperformance© ratings
Live market prices from All Stock Exchange. Stock market advice and financial information for active investors. Real-time recommendation leader. ...

ACE Group - A Leading Global Insurance Organization
... is one of the world's leading global commercial property and casualty insurance organizations The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline ...

Upcoming Adobe Reader Update for iOS and Android
Engineering blog for Adobe Reader on mobile platforms

Aite Group Latest Research
... a Member BLOG Home > Press > Press Releases News from Aite Group, LLC Toggle Advanced Search Claims Management Systems for Top-Tier and Multiline ...

Price Drop: Goal ToDo
... categories support.• Calendar and List double Views, both with swap function • Customizable List swapping view• Quick Add Task Entry with multiline ...