Edit data using a VIEW table from a SQL database

Hi All,

How can I set the update command of a data grid when in edit mode if the table being populated is a VIEW table from a SQL database? As I am populating the grid using a VIEW table I seem to being a error in the update command where i have highlightd RED:

Dim row As OwnerSet.OwnerVIEW1Row

row = OwnerSet1.OwnerVIEW1.FindByRef(key)

I think this is because I have no primary key for the table so the FINDBY method does not work.

I’ve tried to set the DataGrid1 to:

DataGrid1.DataKeyField = “Ref”

but this still does work!

Is there a way for me to work around this?

thanks

0
Kunalwqeic