Dot Net Nuke (DNN) - Link to User Control (UC) in one module, on page with more than one modules.

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Hi to all.

Link to one User Control in one module that is present in one DNN page is create with:

  Response.Redirect(Globals.NavigateURL(PortalSettings.ActiveTab.TabID, "KEY", "mid=" + ModuleId.ToString()));

That is very good, but in cases when on page is just one module. When on page are inserted more than one module, command work but after redirection DNN on newly created page include just one module where is locate specify UC.

Can some one help me after redirection command to show all modules (ex.: A, B, C….) on one page, and from one of that module, to be visible concrete UC (ex: From module A to be visible UC A23, instead of module A20 that is default visible)? Does someone know command for those cases?

Thanks...

Regards,
NNikola
0
NNikola

Hi NNikola,

Not familiar with DNN. I think you'd better post your issue on the forum of its official web site: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/tabid/795/Default.aspx

Thanks,

Qin Dian Tang
Microsoft Online Community Support

Qin
2/4/2009 3:11:20 AM

 Why not to use the module communicate feature in DNN? Have you noticed the tow interefaces in DNN: IModuleCommunicator and IModuleListener?

Nova Software (Microsoft Gold Certified Partner)
-Web development
-Application development
-Re-engineering/Migration
-Offshore Staff Center
The .Net expert in software outsourcing
http://www.dotnetoutsource.com/
0
hudawq
2/5/2009 7:19:44 AM
[...]

 Hi hudaw,

Thanks for your suggestion. I try to implement but I have some problems now. I implemented IModuleCommunicator and    IModuleListener and I set cache to be 0 (turned off) for that module.

Problems is happened when I try with

if (ModuleCommunication != null)

In my module, aways ModuleCommunication   is null. Can you help me about that problem?

Regards,
NNikola
0
NNikola
2/5/2009 1:34:18 PM

I realy have the same problem i create module with multiple page and it work fine with then main page but when i click to

Response.Redirect(NavigateURL(PortalSettings.ActiveTab.TabID, "e3lanSearch", "mid=" & CStr(ModuleId)))

i got the e3lansearch control module but the rest module in the page get disappear except the dnn navigation , dnn search , dnn log

where the html module and the rest get disapppear please any one can help me with this

0
yknight
2/10/2009 11:12:43 AM

 Hi yknight

 I must tell you that I spent too much time for this problem. Finaly I create my function where I use DNN querys for redirection to specific page.

Regards,
NNikola
0
NNikola
2/10/2009 11:23:17 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is that means it kind bug in DNN

and i would like if u can help me even on that

i have this code that load the main skin and continer for the module but it still not showing the rest of module

'here we get the skin source from active tab

Dim strSkinSrc As String = PortalSettings.ActiveTab.SkinSrc

'here we get the container source from the current module

'as you can set containers for each module on the tab

Dim strConSrc As String = Me.ModuleConfiguration.ContainerSrc

'now we find the paths, and remove the .ascx extention

strSkinSrc = Mid(strSkinSrc, InStr(strSkinSrc, "Skins") - 1).Replace(".ascx", "")

strConSrc = Mid(strConSrc, InStr(strConSrc, "Containers") - 1).Replace(".ascx", "")

'here we encode the path for the querystring

strSkinSrc = "?SkinSrc=" & Web.HttpUtility.UrlEncode("[G]" & strSkinSrc)

strConSrc = "&ContainerSrc=" & Web.HttpUtility.UrlEncode("[G]" & strConSrc)

and i think i need ur help on that

0
yknight

want to call one c#.net function in one user control from another user control
hi i have two user controls info.ascx and personal.ascx i have a function like in info.ascx i have a function like showdetails() {   } now i want to access this function from personal.ascx can i do this ? thanks in advance. shwetaThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path  you should better create a class where you will define the "functions" that you need in both files. declare "static" the function and call it like nameofclass.nameoffunction In a web project you can...

DNN: Switch from one page to another inside a module control
If one module have some control then i know how to switch from the inside of one control to another by keeping other area same. But if one control have more than one page, then I'm not finding any way to move from one page to another page, but still I will in the same control. See below for more details: I have one file Setup.ascx and another file Display.ascx. So when user will click "Add"(some key) from top left corner of the module then "Setup.ascx" control will appear and when user will click one button from "Setup.ascx" page then this area will r...

one module to control another module
I would like to have one module that controls another module. that is I want to have a list of things and then the user clicks on one of those things I want another module the image module or something that display an image with that thing. I preferrabely would like to use the modules that come with dotnetnuke. Is there a way to accomplish this (to parameterize a module). thanks, dan ....and in the darkness bind them. something like the link module but I do not want the navigation to the link to appear on a different page and i still want to have the links available. Inter m...

How to access one user control from another user control on same page
hi,I have two usercontrol on same page. 1.ascx and 2.ascx on abc.aspx . Now I need to access dropdown on 1.ascx frm 2.ascx . Plz help me how can i do this?I have tried Page.findcontrol but as a user control inherits usercontrol class and not page class . its not giving reference to proeprty Page.Findcontrol. I can do page.findcontrol on aspx page but I need to do it on ascx only.plz helpregards,max   Hi Max, you have to expose your DropDownList as a public property which lays inside usercontrol 1. Example: 1 class MyUserControl1 : UserControl 2 { 3 4 p...

Updating a Label control in one user control from another user control
Hi all, I have a main page in my music store site that has 5 user controls on it with 1 always showing main content and the others being things like a shopping cart, "best sellers", genre list etc (a la amazon). From the main content control I want to be able to set some label controls in my shopping basket control but I just can't seem to work out the syntax for how to do this: Here's the code I'm using - I'm trying to go to the 4th user control on the page (my shopping basket) then find the appropraite label, cast it locally as a Label then update the value: Label _so...

Pass values from one user control to a user control on a different aspx page
Hello, I have an aspx page titled Search.aspx. Within this page, I have a user control titled Search.ascx. I want a user to input search terms, then on the click of a button, I want to pass the values to another page (SearchResults.aspx)....which will then display the results in a user control. Can someone please give me some suggestions on how to do this? Thanks a lot! Hello, what you can do is: inside ur usercontrol, create a method that returns a dataset or datareader. that is, since u are searching using the usercontrol, then the result of ur search will be return...

DotNetNuke: How to view user control Module by giving control Key in module definition
 I'm not viewing the usercontrol page when I'm giving Control key name in the module definition. but its shows if not giving control key name.I want to navigate from one user control page to another page module..I've written the coding as shown in below.. Response.Redirect(Globals.NavigateURL(PortalSettings.ActiveTab.TabID, "ControlKeyValue", "mid=" + ModuleId.ToString())); Its showing blank page when I'm executed...can anyone help me to solve this problem..?Thanks in advance..!Muthupandian ...

How to inform other user controls if one user control change?
I use one user control to receive the click then another user control need to update its content corresponding with the click. I use event to solve the problem. It works fine.But when I try to test another solution to solve that problem, I get headache. I try to set a session and store information to this session when user click the link. Then I want to raise a postback event so other users can verify the session varailble. How can I raise a postback event in a user control (not custom control)?Thanks!...

Gettin values from one user control in other user control
Hello,I have a web page in which I have to user controls UC1 and UC2.In UC1 there are few text boxes (eg: txtContactNumber etc...)In UC2 I have a button. On the click of the button I want to get the value entered  in the txtContactNumber textbox which is in UC1 user control.How to do this. Please let me know.Any code for the example if given is appreciated.Thank You.     In the codebehind for UC1 put the following:public string ContactNumber { get { return txtContactNumber.Text; } set { txtContactNumber.Text = value; } }  And in UC2:private string ...

Update one user control from another user control
I have two user controls (.ascx files) on one .aspx page. They are in some kind of master-detail relationship. When I select a row in the GridView in first control, second control is populated with editable data. After changing data and clicking update data IS saved but GridView in first control is not updated.How can I cause that data in first control refreshes, but to keep selected row selected?__Please mark post as answer if it helps, if not come back and ask again! Hi,You need to re-bind the GridView with the updated data source so that it reflects the latest changes. Regarding the cur...

Master Page with 2 User Control, adjust one UC from the other
Hi   I am having problems with a Master Pages.  I have a sample app that uses Master Pages (testMaster.aspx).  The master page uses two user controls (testUC.ascx and testUC2.ascx).    testUC.ascx has a button with an event   testUC2.ascx contains a dropdown list   I am trying to get the dropdown list in testUC2.ascx to be populated by an event raised on testUC.ascx when the button is clicked   Any help would be much appreciated   My feable stab at solving is below   Button1 onlclick event…………. in testUC.asmx Dim m As New Mas...

How to bind grid of one user control from another user control
i am having a data grid in one user control say A and there is another user control say B when ever i add some vale in B that is inserted in to database and i want to call A's bind method of grid ... Please help me Nilesh Garg Well, If you can get a hold on Page control of user control then you can easily deal with the othe ruser control. Try something like this Me.Parent or Me.Page or somethinglike this to take hold on Page control and then you can easilly get instance of othe ruser control. Alternatively you can have one shared method somewhere in some class. Call it and i...

How to call a function from one User Control from another User Control
Hi, I have one User Control in a page, the User Control has a button, when the user clicks on the button, I need to call a function within another User Control (on the same page).  I have made a function public, but I don't know see the function from the other User Control. Can you help me please, Thank you! Aldo have u added a delegate event for the button clicked like in the example below. ////////WebUserControl1 public partial class WebUserControl1 : System.Web.UI.UserControl {public delegate void ButtonClciked(object sender, EventArgs e); public event B...

Pass value from one User Control to another User Control
I have tried to pass value from one user control to another user control. Because of Page Auto Postback, Contrls are load before page is loaded. So I get the value in 2nd UC after one more post back operation. I have visited many suggessions but I cant solve this. Is anyone can help me to solve this. Thank U mfhossain@gmail.com Muhmmad Fakhrul HossainEmail: mfhossain@gmail.comPhone: +88 01715 111512Web: http://www.mfhossain.info You'd have to do that through the parent probably in it's Page_Load event handler.   userControl1.publicProperty = userControl2.publicProperty;  ...

Web resources about - Dot Net Nuke (DNN) - Link to User Control (UC) in one module, on page with more than one modules. - asp.net.presentation-controls

Russell Crowe needs to stop fighting players and take control of his club again
Souths need only look to the Roosters to see how fundamental change is needed

Apple’s iOS 9.3 preview page hints at possible Control Center toggle to enable Night Shift
... If you head to the iOS 9.3 preview page on Apple Canada’s website , you can see that there’s an option to enable Night Shift from Control Center ...

#TBT: The Time Ad Age Went All-In for Gun Control
"Can there be any doubt anywhere that violence and contempt for law and order are doing their rotten best to tear American society apart? "Can ...

ProPublica’s Lois Beckett Will Cover Gun Control for Guardian US
... to start applying those skills at a new media home. Starting next month, she will be a senior reporter at Guardian US focusing on gun control. ...

China tightens controls on moving money overseas
Chinese banks are delaying and even blocking some foreign exchange transactions, a move that could hurt demand for foreign assets including Australian ...

New Night Shift mode in iOS 9.3 could have its own Control Center toggle
In all likelihood, youll be able to toggle the new Night Shift mode in iOS 9.3 right from Control Center. It came from Canada At least thats ...

Pregnancy cost control thoughts
... I am cleaning out my interesting article bucket: Health Affairs has an intriguing study from Minnesota on the effectiveness of doulas to control ...

Venus flytrap 'counts' to control digestion
Scientists say the Venus flytrap controls its digestion process by gauging the number of times a struggling insect touches its trigger hairs. ...

Simple free app alerts you when a program (or hacker) takes control of your webcam
... can take over your webcam without you knowing about it. That's right, malware, hackers or even government agencies like the NSA can take control ...