Displaying image from database(image datatype) to image control

Hie all...
I'm a newbie at asp.net.
I m currently using asp.net 2.0.

I m having a problem with displaying images on my web form. Have tried looking thru all codes but i can't find a step by step tutorial for doing so.
I understand that in asp.net 1.1, the detailsview can automatically be linked to the image field and display the image. But this is not possible now. So, i have decided to just display the image in an image control.

from my understanding,
1. retrieve image from database and convert it to temporary image file in a file path.
2. use the image control's imageurl to point to the file.

Is this correct??
Is there an available vb code to do this?

Thanks. Big Smile [:D]

0
swlim

Are you storing images in the database? or just the path of images?

regards

Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Telerik MVP
0
haidar_bilal
7/15/2005 12:30:53 PM
Hello.

you have several options here. you can: use a simple page which just writes the image or you can build a handler to do that...beta 1 version had the code to do this for you automatically, but they decided to remove it. if you look here, you'll see some code which can be used to generate an image dinamically (you'll just need to change it so that it loads the info from the db):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/beta2/beta2changes.aspx
--
Regards,
Luis Abreu

Display image in image control from database?
Im looking for how to load an image in a database into an asp.net image control. I would like to be able to display images with assocated image captions in a page stored in a database. Samples I have found only deal with writing out the binary data directly into the page. Does anyone have a link on how to associate that image data in the database with an image control on the page? Have a look at this control in the control Gallery.  Should do what you want.JamesMy Blog: http://www.wintersfamily.plus.com/blogs/JamesWinters I found a few articles on this such as, http://blogs.ww...

Display Image from database in an Image control
I have uploaded images to a database and now I want to display the images in an image control.  How do I do it?  Any help is appreciated. http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=140 ThanksMark post(s) as "Answer" that helped youElectronic ScrewWebsite||Blog||Dub@i.net I've read the article before and it is not what I'm looking to do, only half of what I'm looking to do.  I need to retrieve the data information from a database and bind the image to an image control not a datagrid or gridview or datalist, a label control. Its literally it tho...

How to display a image from database on to image control of the webpage
Hi....... I wann to get the image from datbase(SQL-SERVER) and display on to webpage..by passing this image to image control on aspx..page I did the above displaying image with out image control on aspx page...but i couldn't get how to pass this image(stream of bytes) to image control.. as image control takes image from url....is there any way to pass the image to image cntrol... Thanks in Advance.... Jaya.......... hello check this page, i guess that's what u want !!! Retrieving Images from SqlServer in ASP .NETBilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Te...

retrieving images from database and displaying on Image control
Hi all i need a solution for displaying an image which must be retrieved from database table(photo displaying).I used the following code,but it shows error as "Invalid Parameter used"   page_load() {   cn.Open ();        SqlCommand command = new SqlCommand ("select *from image1 ", cn);                                 byte[] image = (byte[])( command.ExecuteScalar());     &n...

displaying image in image control
I am inserting the image from the image control in the sql server database. now i want to read the image from the databse and show that image in the image control. i am able to read the image in streams and i am not able it to assign it to image control.kindly help. Hi,have a look at this linkhttp://www.aspdotnetcodes.com/Insert_Images_Database.aspxThanks,  hai go through the links http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/172.aspxhttp://chiragrdarji.wordpress.com/2007/03/05/storing-and-retrieving-image-in-sql-server/ Regards,M.VenkatesanMy Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blog...

Display image in image control?
i am trying to retrive the image from sqlserver 2005 and how to put this image in image control in a web application?  See Saving and Displaying Photos in SQL Server using ASP.NETIf this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you!...

BUG: Image Controls in UpdateProgess Control: Can not use FindControl() methods to get Image
There is a single UpdateProgress control on the page. as such: <ajax:UpdateProgress  ID="UpdateProgress1" runat="server"   DisplayAfter="100" >         <ProgressTemplate>                <div style="border:2px solid #0099FF; background-color:#EFEFEF; padding:10px; width:200px; height:20px;">               Updating Panel            </div&...

How to Display Image on Image control
 Dear All forum memberI am using <cc1:FileUploaderAjax> </cc1:FileUploaderAjax> for uploading image to database.I want to display the image in a image control as soon as user will finish his  browse for selecting Image before going to database. If any other way is possible with out using <cc1:FileUploaderAjax> </cc1:FileUploaderAjax> , that will also fine for me, but it should be ajax enabled.Mark As Answer if it helpsThanks & RegardGyana Ojha...

Adding an image control to another image control
I have a panel in a web form and have added a image control too it. Then I set the url to a picture. I then added a smaller image control to the first image control and set the url to a different picture. The problem is that the second control does not show a new picture. Can you not add an image control to another image control or does the parent image control display over the child image control?    I think you can do somthing like that with divs and diddling the z-index: http://forums.devx.com/showthread.php?t=6930I love ...

display an image in image control in FormsView
Hi,        How can i display an image in image control in FormsView ?? Only the filenames are stored in the db with varchar datatype. The physical files are stored in a directory called StudentPhotos under the root.   Thanks How about something like this: <asp:formview id="fv" runat="server" defaultmode="ReadOnly"> <itemtemplate> <asp:image id="img" runat="server" imageurl='<%# "StudentPhotos/" + Eval("image_filename") %>' /> </itemtemplate> </asp:formview>  Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET ...

How to display a jpg image in Image Control
I have Image control on a web form and i was a write a following code for displaying image in image control. but it does not display image in image control at runtime. Image1.ImageUrl = "c:\My Documents\IMG_0510.jpg" I got the solution just one change in code of replacing forward slash to backward slash Image1.ImageUrl = "c:/My Documents/IMG_0510.jpg"  I would like to suggest you that don't use the physical path for display image in image control. So you can use like that:-If you are using Runat = "server" control so you can use this one....

How Image Display From SqlServer To Image Control
I have learned lots of informative thing from your forums. I have little problem regarding “Display image from SQL Server on ASP.NET” I have done it and image display on my page from SQL Server. I have cleared you here I have adopt two different methods which are following for displaying picture. 1. Response.BinaryWrite(rd("picture")) 2. image.Save(Response.OutputStream, ImageFormat.Jpeg) but in both above methods I have faced little problem when image display on my page all other information can not display and I also want to display picture on my specific location on the page. My se...

displaying stored image in image control
Dear All, How can we display an image stored in a sql server table into an image control on the form. Thanks in advnce.... bye SImple. * Make a query retrieving the image value into a byte array. * Load the byte array into a MemoryStream object. * Use the MemoryStream object to load the image into an ImageObject. * Assign the image object to the control. None of the steps is complicated - you propably missed the MemoryStreamd to get the byte array into the Image.Thomas TomiczekPowerNodes ApS(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)---Building a Website? Try the PowerNodes CMS...

image control displaying image that does not exist!!
I have an image control and I give it a path for an image to view. The thing is, that path once had an image but now it does not exist. Yet the deleted image still shows up in the image control! Its a ghost image! Please tell me what I am missing. Image2.ImageUrl = "~/img/scrap/Test.jpg" above line still causes Test.jpg to appear in the image control even though it has been deleted. Do I have to do some sort of purge? Thanks, Sam If you are sure abt that the image is not there... Try to Clean the Cache of the webpage.. and run the app..Better Post your code before asking some...

Web resources about - Displaying image from database(image datatype) to image control - asp.net.presentation-controls

List of birds displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This list includes birds for which there is documented evidence of homosexual or transgender behavior of one or more of the following kinds: ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

Displaying calorie labels at fast-food restaurants doesn't appear to work: study
While the high calorie counts of artery-clogging fast foods are often printed right in front of our eyes, most people ignore them and go ahead ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Google begins displaying “Listen Now” ads for streaming music services (including Beats) in search results ...
... , Streaming Music Continue reading more about Apps , Google , and Spotify at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Google begins displaying ...