Display multiple columns in dropdownlist

Hi,

 Can you please give me advise as how to display multiple columns in a drop downlist. I can currently create this feature via javascript but want to avoid javascript. Do i have to create a custom server control or is there any other built in .net control i can use to mimic this feature.

Thank You,

Kal

1
kalyankk

Check out this post. You will get the answer.

http://forums.asp.net/p/1036228/1432282.aspx

Thanks,
santosh_maharaja

Please mark as answer if you got expected solution.
0
santosh_maharaja
2/19/2009 6:22:41 AM

kalyankk:
 Can you please give me advise as how to display multiple columns in a drop downlist.

These articles below will lead you the way:

Developing Multicolumn-DropDown/DropDownList with ASP.NET, the GridView and the AJAX Control Toolkit

Multicolumn Dropdown jQuery Plug-in Released!

You may also check this and this threads.

Regards,Vinz

vinz

how to link 3 dropdownlist control so that the second and third dropdownlist control will display depanding up on the first one
 I have three dropdownlist control on my form . first one is configured to display country. and the second dropdown list control have to display the states of the country when the user will select the country from the first dropdown list control at the same time when the user will selct the state from the 2nd ddl control , then 3rd dropdown list control have to display the cities of the state .can u plz post me the solution without using ajax to my ID rajnisangar@yahoo.com Since "Selection" is a client action you must use javascripthttp://www.tneoh.zoneit.com/javascrip...

Display Multiple Columns into One Column
My first ASP.NET/SQL project. I'm creating an Asset Management DB. I wish to view the Asset number, the full name of the user it's assigned to and the Make and Model of each record in the DB. However assets are split into different categories e.g. monitors, PCs, Preinters etc. and they are all in different tables. The SQL below displays the asset number, Name of person assigned and the model of the asset. SELECT Hardware.AssetNo, [User].FullName, MonitorModel.Model, PCModel.Model AS Expr1, PrinterModel.Model AS Expr2 FROM Hardware INNER JOIN [User] ON Hardware.UserID = [User].User...

Re: How to control the columns displayed on a .net page depending on the page the user is coming from
  Hi all,    I have got two pages on wy website which contains a form to submit data into the same database. The two pages have also got a link to view the submitted data. The challenge I have got at the moment is, I want to be able to control columns the users see depending on the which of the two pages they are coming from. I know I can simply create two more separate pages but I don't want to do that. I feel I can be clever and achieve this with a conditional statement but to be honest, I don't know how to go about this. Could you please help me on thsi? Bas...

Single Calendar Control, Multiple displaying controls
Hello there,      Technologies used : C# 2005, ASP.Net 2005      Okay, this is the scenario, I am having some 5 textboxes, and 5 image buttons of calendar image, I dont want to create a calendar control for each time I press a different image button. I want to make use of the same calendar control to be used by all the available 5 image buttons. Like, if image 4 is clicked the same calendar opens up and after selecting date, it displays it in the corresponding TextBox4 control, like this, this must be achieved by all the available controls. How can I...

displaying multiple columns in a gridview populated from a single column
hi, i'm a newbie so my apologies in advance if i am not explaining my problem clearly... i'm happy to repost to help clarify anything. Problem: i am not able to sort and organize my record set the way i need to to popluate my gridview. i am looking for suggestion on either how to construct my sql statement, or manipulate my gridview. Environment: i am working in asp.net 2.0 and using a sql server db. Details: I have a single table called Loans. i need to retrieve three columns from that table: LoanOfficer, LoanState, and LoanKey. The LoanState column contains one of three v...

Displaying single column of data across multiple columns..
Hi all... Okies my problem.... I have a dataset that has a single column, with 100 rows. I wan't to display this in a table with 4 columns with 25 rows in each column.. Does anyone know of a simple solution? Thank's in advance. Jeremy Baka Saru Hi, you can try the DataList with RepeatColumns property set to 4.  Alvin ChooiMicrosoft ASP.NET™ Enthusiast v1.1 / v2.0, Malaysia Blog : http://alvinzc.blogspot.com...

Displaying a single Data Window Column in multiple columns
I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Yehuda Newspaper columns? Yehuda wrote in message <3ACB5511.E9262E3C@yahoo.com>... >I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using >Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple >columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help >would be appreciated. >Thanks >Yehuda &...

Display multiple columns in Gridview from One Column of SQL table
Hi I have a table in sql with 2 columns and I want to display that in multiple columns in Gridview. SQL Table No.            Type 1               A1 1               B2 2              A2 2               B2 3               B3 3               C4  Gridview should look like, No. Type A  Type B  Type C 1      1           2           - 2      2           2           - 3      -            3           4   So Something like I can have different query to display for each column but need to bind to multiple column of one gridview . I can use any other control Just need to display results . ...

Display Multiple Columns from the Database in One Column of a Table in the Form
Hi, I have a table with several columns in the database and I want to display this some of these cols in one column. So for example: I have in the table, NameCustomer, TitleCustomer, and DescriptionCustomer and I want to display this info in one col of a table, just like that: NameCustomer TitleCustomer DescriptionCustomer Those three in one col, I do not know if can use a datagrid or something else, Does any body has a suggestion?  Hi Use a repeater to populate your columns. Thanks  Wonder is the beginning of wisdom[ If my p...

DropDownList Multiple Columns
Dear I need a DropDownList with Multiple Columns. Obviously a single vlaue will be shown in selected mode, but as some one clicks the small arrow of DropDownList to Open the List, then i want to show him Multiple Columns. what to do? Thanx Infragistics(www.infragistics.com) sells this component called WebCombo....

Multiple columns Dropdownlist
I am trying to populate my DDL with two fields coming from two different tables. But the problem is that one field is "int" type (the number of the report) and the other is "varchar" type (the client name). It says: "Syntax error converting the varchar value 'client_name' to a column of data type int." Here's my SQL query: objCmd = new SqlCommand("SELECT tbl_appel_service.fld_num_appel, tbl_appel_service.fld_num_client, " & _ "tbl_appel_service.fld_num_employe, tbl_appel_service.fld_fermer, tbl_clients.fld_num_client, " &am...

Column display control
I?m new to Powerbuilder and using version 5.0. I?m trying to control the display of columns. I?m using a master-detail relationship between two datawindows. Basically, if there is a null value for a specific column in the detail datawindow the column is not to be displayed. This part functions properly. I just make the column width = 0. However when I choose a new item in the master datawindow I need to reset the column widths and re-evaluate which columns are to be displayed. What happens is that the displayed columns from the previous master item are left intact. The ...

Multiple Column Dropdownlist
I am planning to use a Multiple Column Dropdownlist. I googled and found some interesting links. Do you have any recommendations I believe Easylistbox (http://easylistbox.com) would be a good choice. Have you checked it out?David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer' when it applies) I want some free ones. I don't think my company...

How to manipulate images and combe multiple database columns into one column in a GridView control
Hi Folks,I'm hoping someone can help me out with something.I am trying to put together a photo album as a learning exercise and have a GridView control with two columns linked to an Access Data Source. In the left hand column (called Image) I want to display the photo and in the right hand column (called Details) I want to provide details such as Date, Location, People and Comments, Camera Type etc. Each of these is columns is taken from the database I have set up.However, I have am having some problems:1: At the moment I have been able to get the image to display (using an image column ...

Display of multiple columns
I need to generate reports on the web interface at run-time having more than 3-4 columns. The problem is more than 3-4 columns are not getting displayed on-screen. Can please someone tell me if there is a way to compress the column names or some scroll facility so that i am able to display as many columns at run-time depending upon the query executed. Do your columns look that large in the designer? Also it sounds like you are trying to dynamically add columns to your report at run-time. If this is the case, you can accomplish this, but only with Crystal 9 and 10, but not with Crystal .N...

Multiple Columns in DropDownList
Dear hi I want to show multiple columns in a DropDownList. i want to show a single column when value is selected and multiple columns when DropDownList is dropped down to select some other value. In this scenerio concatenating different columns does not solve the problem, as it shows all columns in selected value too. I hope the problem is clear to all. Thanx...

Using the gridview to display multiple joined tables, and then allow editing of all columns displayed?
I'm just curious if this is possible. I'm using a SqlDataSource to populate a gridview with data from multiple tables using a inner join select statement.It would be nice if it were possible to allow a user to click "Edit" and be able to update every single column for the particular row in every single table. Is it possible to do something like this?   Yes this is possible, you just have to use the proper Edit SQL command, that might be a little complex depending on how many DataTables you are editing.www.someguy.ca rantings from some Canadian guyFollow me on twitter as...

Display Multiple Datasets in a Single GridView or Use a Timer Control to Display Multple Results
I am trying to get the gridview to display the results of multiple dataset that containg SQL Queries. I have a combobox that allows the user to select a Query to run and then it returns the results to the datagrid, however I can not get it to display multiple results in the same gridview. The following works now to display one along with else if but I need to display all selected at the sametime. I have been advise that this may not be possible, and if it's not can someone direct me on using a Timer Control to display multiple DataSet results in various intervals on the same DataGrid. ...

How can I display multiple rows w/8 columns (4 columns editable on each row)?
Hello, Please - Can anyone suggest the best way to display a joined dataset with 4 read-only columns, 4 editable columns and a checkbox column? The content for this display currently has < 100 rows - but could approach 1000 in the future. I currently have this setup with a Datagrid (working) - but I would like to be able to edit the 4 columns of ALL rows in the displayed list instead of one row at a time as the Datagrid allows. After editing, I use an update function to traverse the modified list/table and save all values that have the Checkbox clicked. Could a list with 10...

AutoComplete control display problem when used in a user control; and this usercontrol is appearing multiple time on form
Hi, I am using AutoComplete AjaxControlToolKit extender 1.0.20229.15278 on .NET 2.0 framework. I have a address user control which is used multiple places in single ASPX page. The  Problem I see is the first control shows the Autocomplte popup but another control does not show Autocomplete popup.  I have couple of guess - The BehaviorID is identical on control causing the trouble  - extender control not registered properly for second instance  Here is "the" code I am using for autocomplte extender  <ajaxTool...

Why 2 <td> columns in Design tab are displayed as 1 column only in a browser presentation?
I have coded a Table with 1 <tr> and 2 <td> to read fildes from 2 folders.The Design tab did show coding 1 and coding 2 as 2 cells/columns side by side in one row of a table.  However, the browser presentation showed the files ofthe 2nd folders directly under the files of the 1st folder.  Why the browser presentation showed only one coulmn while the Design tabshowed 2 columns?  What might be the reasons for this mistake? TIA,Jeffrey      Please post your HTML.Please remember to "mark as answered" posts that ...

Is there a control for displaying multiple tabs?
Hi everyone,I am trying to create tabs similar to the AJAX page (http://ajax.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabid=47), where when you click on a tab, the content displays for that tab.  Is there a control that already does this?  hi there, as far as i know there is not single control to do this....the way you could do it is:have an asp:menu with horizontal orientation at the top where the asp:menuitems are the *tabs*,then you could have a asp:multiview just below the menu where each asp:view represents your tabs..now you need some css magic to "join" the bottom borders of y...

Display Bookmarks in multiple columns
Name: Chris Email: chrisatcompassrosadotus Product: Firefox Summary: Display Bookmarks in multiple columns Comments: First, Firefox rules! Second, but, unless I'm missing something, it has a weakness that I find irritating. My Bookmarks are longer than can be displayed in a single column. The scrolling is slow (scrolling arrows too small too). How about having the extra Bookmarks appear in second, third,... columns as necessary just like when you go to Programs in the Start menu. If you have more Programs than will fit from top to bottom in one column, a second colu...

Web resources about - Display multiple columns in dropdownlist - asp.net.presentation-controls

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Air Astana - Join Now

Blog - Avisra

Online Booking Tool Support