Datagrid in User Control on Web Form contained in iFrame

My current web project (VB) is requiring me to have a User Control containing a searchable DataGrid of numerous items.  I have it to where the DataGrid is scrollable and the header sits still.  I have also added mouseover and mouseout events to show highlighted rows while the mouse is over them. (< a href="http://www.dotnetbips.com/displayarticle.aspx?id=205" >http://www.dotnetbips.com/displayarticle.aspx?id=205</ a >)

Now, I have also included an event to select the item when it is clicked on anywhere on the row. I have all of this contained on another web form within an iFrame.
What I am trying to do is when an item is selected (clicked on), I want the value of the first cell in the selected row to appear in a textbox in the parent web page.
Has anyone tried this yet? Can anyone give me a helping hand? I have not yet found anything helpful on my Google searches.
Will

http://www.strohlsitedesign.com/
http://www.WillStrohl.com/
0
hismightiness

Persisting data in a web user control, which contains a list of other web user controls.
 Hi All, I have a control I've created, which can have a number of child controls - also user controls - stored as an ArrayList, which can be added wither a design time or programmatically.My problem is when I add to the list programmatically, it doesn't persist them. So if I add 3 child controls in step 1 of a wizard, with the aim that those three will be visible inside the parent in step 3, what happens is that the parent has no child controls and the item count is 0.Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.Code:Parent Control Markup: <%@ Control Language="C#" Auto...

Web User Control to Web User Control...

web controls and web user control

user controls containing other user controls
I have a ContactInfo custom class that exposes AddressInfo custom class as property. I created two User Controls, you guess, Contact.ascx and Address.ascx. Address.ascx exposes property Address as AddressInfo. I am running into following problem. In Contact.ascx in page_load sub I am trying to set the values of the Contact class like this : _contact.PrimaryAddress = ctlAddress.PrimaryAddress but since value of the PrimaryAddress property in Address.ascx is set also in Page_Load, above code will not work since there is no instance of this object yet. Is my only option to mak...

Adding User Controls from Sting can the User Control contain a CompileWith Control directive?
I want to store my User Controls in a DB. So I working with ParseControl and passing it a string. However when I pass as string of a control with codebehind I get this error. My Code: Dim strControl1 As String = "<%@ Control Language=""VB"" AutoEventWireup=""false"" CompileWith=""Control1.ascx.vb"" ClassName=""Control1_ascx"" %>" & vbCrLf & "<div>Control 1<br /><asp:PlaceHolder ID=""Control1PlaceHolder"" Runat=""server""...

UpdatePanel within a web user control resets data of controls outside the user control
Hello, I have a usercontrol on my page which displays a running marquee text. It makes use of an UpdatePanel (within the user control) to refresh the marquee text (within the updatepanel) at periodic intervals. For this I added a timer control and its tick event as an async postback trigger for the UpdatePanel. I have a lot of textboxes and dropdown list boxes (all with runat=server) on the page outside the above user control. These are also contained in different UpdatePanels. Problem is, when the user control does a postback to refresh the marquee text, it causes some of...

User Control Within UserControl
If I have a user control A and then inside it a user control B embedded/referenced within it.  User Control A has a panel defined (cpeNewUser) that I want to manipulate from the code behind of User Control B based on some event that happens.So putting this in my code behind of User Control B won't work as it has no idea of cpeNewUser:cpeNewUser.Collapsed = true;So is it because only at runtime they are married up and because of this you cannot access each other's objects at compile time?  How would I get this to work becuase I'm using all user controls inside a AJAX Too...

How to validate controls on a .NET 2.0 Web user Control
Hi Guys, (ASP.NET 2.0 / C#) I've looked thorugh every post on validating web user controls (and know about Pter Blum's Professional Validation and More package) - but can't seem to get my head around whre to start. I have a web user control, called wucICL.ascx on a we page called AddEditInvestment.aspx.  I would like to validate a couple of DropDownLists (ddlAccounts and ddlContacts) when the Insert and Update buttons are clicked on the AddEdit Investment page. The other controls on the AddEditInvestments page belong to a validation group called All Validators and the DropDownL...

multiple user control into a web form (how do I keep the status of each control?)
A user control implements a quiz.The control has a property (id_question) to choose the different question the user control have to display. The user control have another property, its STATUS (status = 1 mean to show the question, status=2 means to show a message to the user that have answered the question). In the user control there is a button, clicking the button to answer the question cause the control post the form and call a DB and register the answer. During Postback, in page_load method of the user control I change the status from 1 to 2 (from show quest...

User Control VB.Net x Web Custom Control
I was thinking in create a user control in VB.Net, and use it in a Asp.Net as possible? So I thought about it is gonna be better than make a Web Custom Control, so i thought again, nope... But i need to know better because a don't have a progress bar in asp.net for example.... Could Somebody tell me about??? in a reallity i know the asnwer but i would like to explain by myself... Thank's Antonio...

Web resources about - Datagrid in User Control on Web Form contained in iFrame - asp.net.presentation-controls

Self-contained breathing apparatus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A self contained breathing apparatus , or SCBA , sometimes referred to as a Compressed Air Breathing Apparatus (CABA) , air pack , or simply ...

Launch Plan For Mark Zuckerberg’s Political Advocacy Group Contained Several Errors
... a few issues, as Joe Green , the plan’s author and a roommate of Zuckerberg at Harvard University , confirmed to Politico that it contained ...

Haiti Earthship Project: Contained Sewage and Roof Insulation - YouTube
http://www.earthship.com/haiti Michael Reynolds describes the contained sewage treatment system and the roof insulation made out of garbage harvested ...

New self-contained communities will help reduce Dubai traffic
... Municipality’s masterplan for Desert Rose, a housing project for Emiratis that could become a blueprint for new ventures. DUBAI // Self-contained ...

Pinery Fire: Country Fire Service declares fire is contained as residents confront widespread devastation ...
THE deadly Pinery fire — which has been fully contained — destroyed or severely damaged 87 homes that are now considered uninhabitable, Premier ...

Pullenvale explosives home contained 'terror maps': reports
A Pullenvale property filled with explosives also allegedly contained maps with targets drawn in Sydney and Newcastle, according to media reports. ...

Pathways to a climate-contained, affluent 2050
A multi-country group of researchers, led by Jeffrey Sachs, has shown how it is still possible to contain global warming and enjoy strong economic ...

AIDS epidemic in PNG contained
Here is a good news story from Papua New Guinea: Australia's nearest neighbour has dodged the bullet of what the World Health Organisation feared ...

Bull Creek fire contained
THE threat posed by a grass fire burning at BULL CREEK has been contained.

World Bank positive 'Ebola can be contained'
World Bank boss Jim Yong Kim has said he is optimistic the Ebola outbreak will be contained within months.