Create multiple datagrid columns from single column

I have a datagrid that generates a single column of data that is extremely long.  I'd like to find a method to create multiple columns from the single column so the data is easier to read.

I have tried the DIV method to create a scroll bar, but it's still a single column of data. The other goal is to make the data printable. If I can crop the column when it hits the bottom of the page, and then start it again on a new column it will be easier to read and printable.
Is this possible? Should I be using a different control other than a datagrid?
Thanks!

Ariston Collander

"No one person's opinions could be said to be 'truer' than another's. For each is the sole judge of his or her own experiences." - Protagoras
0
AristonC

How is this data generated?  If you plan to create multiple columns, how are you going to divide it?  Is there any logic for it?  Give a scenario and explain your question little bit more.
0
codeasp
11/17/2004 8:22:10 PM
Actually with a little more research I resolved the problem.  The data is pulled from an SQL database.  It simply grabs a list of zip codes for a given salesperson (their coverage area basically).  I was trying to format a datagrid using myReader.Read() and a counter variable.  This solved my problem, but I was missing values.

I did a little more reader and determined that a DataList did the trick much better. I bound it to the same data source as the grid, but was able to set the RepeatColumns property to 8. This spits out 8 columns exactly as I wanted it.

Ariston Collander

"No one person's opinions could be said to be 'truer' than another's. For each is the sole judge of his or her own experiences." - Protagoras
0
AristonC

split single column into multiple column
 Hi all,I have table with 2 columns as shown below...id     products_list  1    a,b,c2     d,e,f3     g,h,iNow I need a query which will ouput the result as below...id     products_list1    products_list2       products_list3  1    a                      b                    &...

Displaying single column of data across multiple columns..
Hi all... Okies my problem.... I have a dataset that has a single column, with 100 rows. I wan't to display this in a table with 4 columns with 25 rows in each column.. Does anyone know of a simple solution? Thank's in advance. Jeremy Baka Saru Hi, you can try the DataList with RepeatColumns property set to 4.  Alvin ChooiMicrosoft ASP.NET™ Enthusiast v1.1 / v2.0, Malaysia Blog : http://alvinzc.blogspot.com...

Displaying a single Data Window Column in multiple columns
I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Yehuda Newspaper columns? Yehuda wrote in message <3ACB5511.E9262E3C@yahoo.com>... >I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using >Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple >columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help >would be appreciated. >Thanks >Yehuda &...

displaying multiple columns in a gridview populated from a single column
hi, i'm a newbie so my apologies in advance if i am not explaining my problem clearly... i'm happy to repost to help clarify anything. Problem: i am not able to sort and organize my record set the way i need to to popluate my gridview. i am looking for suggestion on either how to construct my sql statement, or manipulate my gridview. Environment: i am working in asp.net 2.0 and using a sql server db. Details: I have a single table called Loans. i need to retrieve three columns from that table: LoanOfficer, LoanState, and LoanKey. The LoanState column contains one of three v...

adding 2 columns in a dataset as a single column in datagrid
hi, i am having 2 columns in a table in a dataset. i want to add those two columns and bind the resultant total as a single column to the datagrid. is it possible. if yes, how o acheive this? please help me. thanks in advance. muppidi.~ Muppidi A lot of ways.  One is to use a computed column in the dataset, then just bind to that.  Another way is to use something like this in your page: <%= Eval("column1")+Eval("column2") %>...

Multiple Hyperlinks Single Datagrid Column
Hi, I have a datagrid that loads some information from a database, and I am working with visual basic.net. I have it set up so that one of the columns is a hyperlink named "View Details" that passes an ID value to a page which displays further details called details.aspx. This works fine. My problem is that my website has three frames and this details.aspx is redirected into the main frame, this is what I want but I also want the bottom frame to be redirected to aspx page at the same time that details.aspx is laoded when the "View details" hyperlink is clicked. ...

Multiple values in a single datagrid column
I need to pass a 2nd variable to my hyperlink control (I am using the pop up control from metacontrols, but its the same as a normal hyperlink). I have written for a single field, but need to add a 2nd pulled from the data. How do I do it? This is what I have so far, but I need to add another parameter. <mbrw:RemoteWindow id="Remotewindow2" runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.Username") %>' NAME="Remotewindow2" WIndowWidth="720" WindowHeight="400" NavigateUrl='<%# DataBinder.E...

When is a column not a column?
I have several extremely similar datawindows that I have to maintain that go against the same table. Recently, I had to add a column to that table, and also add the column to ALL of these datawindows that go against this table. I added the column to the first datawindow, set up the edit control style, etc. I then did a copy/paste of the columns edit control to the remaining dw's (of course remembering to first add the column in SQL). Everything (update props, column specs, column props) seems to indicate that the pasted column is linked to the column I selected, HOWEVER, when I...

Setting Datagrid Column to invisible when Column is an AutoGeneratedColumn NOT a bound Column
Hi all, Just like the title says, I'm trying to set a column to invisible but I'm unable to do so. If I bound the column I can used the code: me.datagrid.Column.Item(1).Visible = False But since I'm wanting the column NOT to be bound (there are a number of sql scripts that populate the same datagrid so I cannot bound all the columns since the columns are different for each script etc etc etc) how do I set an AutoGeneratedColumn to invisible?? Please help! Andrewwww.codingmayhem.com - VB.NET, C#, Silverlight, Javascript, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, MySQL and SQLitewww.headshot...

Multiple hyperlinks in a single column inside a datagrid
I have a textbox that stores a few product names. The data is then stored in a database inside a single column called Product. When I display the records in a datagrid, I would like to display each of the name in the form of a hyperlink. If there are 3 names, then there will be 3 hyperlinks. Anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed? Thank you Create a template column. Set the value for the template field to a Function/void that inserts a new hyperlink into the cell. To handle more than 1 link per row split the string into an Array & add a new hyperklink for each dimens...

multi-column HG index vs. multiple single-column HG index
In IQ 12.4.3, HG index could be created upon multiple columns. My questions are 1) in terms of query performance, which one is better -- one multiple-column HG index or multiple single-column HG indexes? 2) And what about the load performance? 3) If one column is part of a multi-column HG index, do it make sense to create a seperate HG/LF index for it? Thanks in advance, Richard Mei Number one, I don't know (great start, eh?). Speaking from ignorance, though, I would bet the following are all true: (1) If your HG index columns correspond exactly to your group ...

Using Headers spannig multiple columns & aspbound columns together in the same datagrid

How to manipulate images and combe multiple database columns into one column in a GridView control
Hi Folks,I'm hoping someone can help me out with something.I am trying to put together a photo album as a learning exercise and have a GridView control with two columns linked to an Access Data Source. In the left hand column (called Image) I want to display the photo and in the right hand column (called Details) I want to provide details such as Date, Location, People and Comments, Camera Type etc. Each of these is columns is taken from the database I have set up.However, I have am having some problems:1: At the moment I have been able to get the image to display (using an image column ...

Column within a column in a DataGrid
Hi, I have a DataGrid on which I would like to divide a particular column into 2 to display a number information on the sub column?? Visually I'm speaking something like this below. +----------------+-----------------+ | ACCOUNTID | ACCOUNT NO | +----------------+-----------------+ | 1000 | | 125364 | | 1015 | | 125365 | | 1025 | | 125312 | +-----------------+----------------+ My question again is how to see this extra sub column within the ACCOUNTID Column here. Looking for a quick reply. Th...

Web resources about - Create multiple datagrid columns from single column - asp.net.presentation-controls

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Girl, 5, stabbed multiple times outside apartment building in Ballarat; man arrested
A five-year-old girl is in a critical condition after being stabbed multiple times in Ballarat.

Multiple probes in case of missing former Olympian and funds' seller
At least three investigations are underway in the case of an investment dealer and former Canadian Olympic rower who has gone missing from Victoria. ...

Tim Hortons Abruptly Shuts Multiple U.S. Locations, Taking Customers, Staff By Surprise 76
Managers and employees at Tim Hortons locations in New York and Maine say they were let go with virtually no notice this week, amid a round of ...

iOS 9 How-To: Quickly delete multiple images in Messages to free up space without losing your conversations ...
... actually gets stored twice on the device: within Photos and within Messages. In this How-To article, I’m going to discuss how to delete multiple ...

CNN Reporter Describes Multiple Explosions During Overnight Raid
Around 1:30 am ET, CNN’s Atika Shubert was reporting from the Paris suburb of Saint Denis where police were conducting an overnight raid tied ...

Ten killed in multiple bombings, armed attacks around Baghdad
Ten killed in multiple bombings, armed attacks around Baghdad

ROEV lets you use multiple charging networks with one account
Filed under: Green , Green Automakers , Electric Blink, ChargePoint, and EVgo are partnering up with ROEV, a new association that will let you ...

Kate Hudson dumped Nick Jonas because she ‘wants to pursue multiple people’
... But not for long, The source also said the Bride Wars star wants to get into the dating scene again. And soon. ‘Kate wants to pursue multiple ...

Manage multiple Google marketing accounts easily
... you work with any partners, vendors, agencies, or clients, you probably even have Google logins for them. The uncomfortable reality of multiple ...