Controls inside formview inside formview

Hello,

I'm trying to insert data into a label that is located in a formview which is located in a formview.  This is what I got so far:

Private Sub Test()

   Dim fvSecondView As New FormView

   fvSecondView = Me.FormView1.FindControl("SecondView")

   Dim lblData As New Label

   lblData = fvSecondView.FindControl("DataLabel")

   lblData.Text = "Some Data"

End Sub

Now this does work to get data out if I change the last line to:

testlabel.text = lblData.Text

But just can't seem to get the data to go into the label.

Thanks in advanced.

0
BIGguy

Take a look at this article. It is similar in some respects and may help.

http://forums.asp.net/1216499/ShowPost.aspx

"nothing" really matters!
0
tyrus

How do I control parameter a control that is inside a formview that has another formview in it?
I have a formview2 within another formview1 but I want to control parameter from a sqlDataSource3 outside the formview a control that is in formview2<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" SelectCommand='SELECT "USER,UID" FROM "TUSERS"'><asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1">    <ItemTemplate>        <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("USER") %>'></asp:La...

SqlDataSource with FormView: Referencing a control inside FormView as control parameter?
I have been looking at this website and was wondering...what if my FormView control had a textbox or label inside of it in its EditTemplate item...can I link my SqlDataSource object (which is also bound to the FormView control) to that control meaning specify control parameter as the textbox which is inside the FormView...? PS: I use vbexpress 2005 programming blog Hi:   You can try something like: <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="FromView1$DropDownList1"   But please make sure the DropDownList (or any other controls) be available all the time. In anoth...

Referencing Nested FormView Control inside the EmptyDataTemplate of a FormView Control
Hi all,I am very new to ASP.Net and have been working on a particularly frustrating problem now for days and cant seem to find an answer to it. I am building a front end to a newly created database and have set 2 session variables that I am using to set default values using the FindControl Method. this works fine until I need to set default values in a nested control. IE...I have a form view control and in that controls EmptyDataTemplate I have another form view control with about 10 fields using the same datasource as the parent form view. I need to place default values in 2 of those fields...

Formview inside a formview controller
Hi all, I'm using a formview(say formview1) controller to insert a records to a table. I take a value from a dropdownlist which i have placed in  the InsertItemTemplete of the formview1. Lets say the dropdownlist has list of towns and I need to add a new town to the list while the user is in the insert template. To do this I have added another formview (say formview2) to inser a new record to the towns table. My problem is my dropdown list is not getting updated just after I have added a new town. But if I start insert operation all over again then I can see the new town. I know t...

controls not visible inside formview control
I am trying to write a query to select data from one table based on the resultof a drop down list that pulls data from another table. The query I am writing is: "SELECT church.churchName, church.churchId AS Expr1 FROM [churches]WHERE ([deanery.deaneryId] = @churches.deaneryId)"I am using a sql source controlNow I found an example from a website that pulls data from one drop down list and usesthe selected value to populate the second drop down list. But, the controls are not part of a formviewcontrol. So my question is how do I get the dropdownlist control that is located...

Finding a controls inside a FormView which is inside a MasterPage
Hi, I have few controls (textboxes) inside a FormView that is inside a MasterPage. The findcontrol doesn't work for me or I'm not doing it right. If I JUST use the FormView or JUST the MasterPage then the findcontrol works. For example TextBox idTextBox = (TextBox)FormView1.FindControl("TextBox1"); works if I don't use the MasterPage. Can someone please help? How do you find a control inside the FormView1 that is inside the MasterPage? Any help would be appreciated. Hi, friend:   Try this:         FormViewRow fr = ((FormView)Master.FindCont...

Formview inside Wizard which is inside FormView
Hi, I have a FormView which contains a Wizard which contains some databinding controls in its steps like Gridview,FormView,...and their ObjectDataSource controls I want these controls to perform their insert,update methods only when the Wizard finish button is clicked.Is this possible?  About putting the whole wizard inside a FormView I did this to be able to use Bind+Eval but it is the first time Iam using the wizard control. Hi TheEagle , Try something like this :   protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (!Page.IsPostBack) ...

Cascading Dropdown error in formview controls and finding all controls in formview controls
can help with the following? Instantiate Cascading Dropdowns within Formview controls (this returns the error message "databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control".) Pass values between controls within master controls such as Textboxes within formviews (example: Pass the selected value in a dropdownlist to another textbox both WITHIN a formview control) Expose the public properties of a master page Hi arraybiz, 1) I need your code. See sample: http://www.mikepope.com/blog/fun/cascadingdropdowns_dy...

FileUpload control inside UpdatePanel inside user control inside popup
Hi,     The Asp.Net File Upload control is not working inside update panel. Acutally i have put the FileUpload control inside User Control again inside update panel. Since the update panel does async postback. The posted file is null in the server side. When i do full page level post back it works. but i have to put it inside update panel. How to do it? Becuase the FileUpload control should be in Ajax Model Popup Extender where i have to put update panel to avoid closing of popup after fullpostback. Since the ajax model popup extender is getting closed after full post b...

Using a Custom Control inside of FormView
Hello, I just finished converting my system from the Atlas CTP to AJAX Beta.  After correcting all of the tags I noticed that there is a problem with a control that I had built with the Atlas CTP.  My control is similar to the calendar control on the AJAX ControlTool kit Popup Control example. ( http://ajax.asp.net/ajaxtoolkit/PopupControl/PopupControl.aspx )  When using the control inside of a Formview (or Gridview) the calendar popup does not popup when the textbox takes focus unless the update panel that contains the Formview has been updated since the page load.  I ha...

Embedded web control inside a FormView control
FormView1's InsertItemTemplate contains DropDownList1 which has autoPostBack=True In the code-behind I can't figure out how to name the DropDownList The name of DropDownList1 in the Solution Explorer is: FormView1.InsertItemTemplate.InsertItemTemplate.DropDownList1 But using this name in the code behind gives an error: InserItemTemplate is not a member of 'System.Web.UI.ITemplate No combination of shorter names wil be accepted Any suggestions, please? did you find an answer to this? No, Unfortunately, I never did foind an answer to this Hope you are in better luck...

SOS:How to find control inside the sub FormView of main FormView?
ASP.net 2.0 Greetings to all, I have a sub FormView inside a main FormView and I've done a lot researh for using FindControl to get the control inside the sub FormView but still can't make it. This is going to kill me......Here is my code: Dim lblLabel As Label lblLabel = CType(FormViewMain.FindControl("FormViewSubID").FindControl("LabelID"), Label) It's return nothing.......any clue? Thanks in Advance. Hi Tenno, In the debugger I tried (C#):((Label)FormView1.FindControl("FormView2").FindControl("Label1")).Textand((Label)((FormView)FormView1.FindControl("FormView2")).FindCon...

Events not firing on custom control inside FormView inside UpdatePanel
Hi all- I have a custom control that I have been using inside a FormView; all its events have been firing properly. Recently I placed the FormView inside an UpdatePanel, and now the events of the control are not firing. I set the AutoPostBack property of the control to True and even turned on AutoEventWireup, but the event doesn't fire.I tried adding the control as a Trigger on the UpdatePanel using this syntax: <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="FormView1:CustomControl1" EventName="SelectionChanged" /> but the event still doesn't fire. Am I doi...

Trying to set focus to child control inside FormView EditItemTemplate inside a TabPanel
Hey all I have a long page with a bunch of FormViews that I want to have the user click to the EditItemTemplate and have the focus go to that particular FormView in the aspx page. Or if not the focus at least to have the page scroll to where that control is so the user isn't confused  Here is kind of what I am doing  1 <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel runat="server" ID="Panel1" HeaderText="Account Info"> 2 <ContentTemplate> 3 <asp:FormView ID="fvMyName" runat="server" DataSourceID="sqlGetMemberName" ...

Web resources about - Controls inside formview inside formview - asp.net.presentation-controls

Tarago bushfire brought under control
A bushfire which burnt out close to 120 hectares near Tarago on Monday afternoon has been brought under control.

Hyundai recalls Elantra to fix stability control system
Filed under: Recalls , Hyundai , Safety , Sedan , Budget Starting in February Hyundai will recall 155,000 Elantras from the 2011 and 2012 model ...

Using Amazon Echo to control your home? There's a minor change you need to know about
It may be a minority who use the Amazon Echo to control home automation, in fact it likely is. But there are folks who do it, and it can, and ...

I've heard a rumor from Ground Control/Oh no, don't say it's true....
"David Bowie, the infinitely changeable, fiercely forward-looking songwriter... died on Sunday, two days after his 69th birthday...."

Sean Penn Interviews El Chapo for Rolling Stone… SHOCK: Magazine Gives Fugitive Drug Lord Editorial Control ...
Sean Penn interviewed fugitive Mexican drug lord Joaquín Guzmán Loera, known as “El Chapo,” who was captured and returned to prison Friday, for ...

This IBM programmer can control a BB-8 droid from 'Star Wars' with his mind
... decided to take Sphero's excellent "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" BB-8 app-powered droid and take it a step further with the ability to control ...

Want to Stay Comfortable? Ask Government to Mandate Temperature Controls on Thermometers
... ” should be considered for summer months, e.g. a maximum allowable temperature reading of 85 degrees Fahrenheit on all thermostats to control ...

Is There A Gun Control Issue Chris Christie Hasn't Flip Flopped On?
... while they are campaigning for a higher office, but I'm not sure if I've ever seen a man change his entire position on one issue (gun control) ...

Obama Spouts Falsehoods At Gun Control Town Hall
If Obama really had confidence in his case, he wouldn’t have to make up so many false claims.