combine multiple data items into single datagrid column

hi all, as above, i've seen this handled through the use of templatecolumns, but I'm interested in achieving this in the code behind if possible. any suggestions?

many thanks
0
dscanlon

you could make a sql query with

Select cast((column1  + ' ' + column2 ) as nvarchar (255) ) as inhoud, *  From  Table

0
wannesh
5/30/2006 3:41:29 PM
hi wannesh, and thanks for the reply. i'd rather do it programmatically than have to go fiddling with the SQL :)
0
dscanlon

Multiple items in a single day within a Calendar Control .NET 2.0
Hello all   I have a calendar control that is attached to a database. It reads the database and places the dates into an array along with an event name. This all works fine until I want to add a second event on the same day. I also have a page for add new events the calendar. What I get is that I loose the first event description displayed in the calendar day and the new one is added. How do add multiple "events" to a calendar control? Any help would be appreciated. ICSTech  ...

Create multiple datagrid columns from single column
I have a datagrid that generates a single column of data that is extremely long. I'd like to find a method to create multiple columns from the single column so the data is easier to read. I have tried the DIV method to create a scroll bar, but it's still a single column of data. The other goal is to make the data printable. If I can crop the column when it hits the bottom of the page, and then start it again on a new column it will be easier to read and printable. Is this possible? Should I be using a different control other than a datagrid? Thanks!------------------------------...

Displaying a single Data Window Column in multiple columns
I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Yehuda Newspaper columns? Yehuda wrote in message <3ACB5511.E9262E3C@yahoo.com>... >I have a datawindow that is retrieving a single column. Using >Powerbuilder 5.04, is there anyway to display this data in multiple >columns sorted (alphabeticlly) vertically (eliminates n-up). Any help >would be appreciated. >Thanks >Yehuda &...

Displaying single column of data across multiple columns..
Hi all... Okies my problem.... I have a dataset that has a single column, with 100 rows. I wan't to display this in a table with 4 columns with 25 rows in each column.. Does anyone know of a simple solution? Thank's in advance. Jeremy Baka Saru Hi, you can try the DataList with RepeatColumns property set to 4.  Alvin ChooiMicrosoft ASP.NET™ Enthusiast v1.1 / v2.0, Malaysia Blog : http://alvinzc.blogspot.com...

Bind Data to an Image Control not in a Data Presentation Control
I've been searching for two days but I don't really know what to search for.I'm making a site for a photographer.  The Default.aspx page displays Albums by showing a title, image and description from the database table Albums. Click an album to view the contents and it passes the QueryString which is AlbumName.  The ViewAlbum.aspx page uses the QueryString to display an UpdatePanel holding a Large Image and a Repeater full of dynamically filled ImageButtons for thumbs.  Both are from the database table Photos and are retrieved using an ObjectDataSource. Click the ...

Columns arrangement in DataGrid
Dear Friends, Please give me a solution for below problem, I have to bind a data table to a DataGrid, I will be not knowing no of columns and data until runtime, so I did not configured columns widh at design time. Now my client is asking me like, he want a facility to alter the column width at runtime, I mean he want to change columns width in client (IE), like window application. So, will you please tell me how to provide facility to change column width of a datagrid at client by user ? Thank you, Sreedhar Nasum.     Hi:   DataGrid will render as <table>. Ta...

Multiple values in a single datagrid column
I need to pass a 2nd variable to my hyperlink control (I am using the pop up control from metacontrols, but its the same as a normal hyperlink). I have written for a single field, but need to add a 2nd pulled from the data. How do I do it? This is what I have so far, but I need to add another parameter. <mbrw:RemoteWindow id="Remotewindow2" runat="server" Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.Username") %>' NAME="Remotewindow2" WIndowWidth="720" WindowHeight="400" NavigateUrl='<%# DataBinder.E...

Multiple Hyperlinks Single Datagrid Column
Hi, I have a datagrid that loads some information from a database, and I am working with visual basic.net. I have it set up so that one of the columns is a hyperlink named "View Details" that passes an ID value to a page which displays further details called details.aspx. This works fine. My problem is that my website has three frames and this details.aspx is redirected into the main frame, this is what I want but I also want the bottom frame to be redirected to aspx page at the same time that details.aspx is laoded when the "View details" hyperlink is clicked. ...

Share single Popup Control from Multiple ModalPopupExtender with Multiple Target Control
Hi, recently I had a situation where I need to popup the same Modal Popup Panel from two different buttons(Target Controls). So I hooked two different modalpopupextenders to the two buttons with same popup control. It dosen't work. Is it a bug or its not working by design? Any suggestion? Like this modification to ControlToolkit's ModalPopup Sample         <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server" Text="Click here to change the paragraph style" />        <asp:LinkButto...

DataGrid control, displaying multiple items in a row
Hi,  I want to know that, "Is there any way to use datagrid control to show multiple records in a single row without flipping or rotating the dataset?". I want to build a shopping site where items are displayed in rows and columns.Thank you My BlogMy Code I got exactly the same problem and I searched quite a lot without any luck.So please if you have a clue how to solve this don't be shy to share your knowledge.thx a lotcame came wrote:I got exactly the same problem and I searched quite a lot without any luck.So please if you have a clue how to solve this don't be shy to sha...

Reformat sql data from for presenting in datagrid control
Hi everybody  I have an sql query that gets this data from a couple of tables dia exe_seg ser_seg Segunda Supino Plano 3x12 Segunda Supino Inclinado 3x12 Segunda Aberturas com Alteres 3x12 Terça Abdominais 3x20 Terça Lombares 3x20 Terça Passadeira 15' Quarta Remada Baixa 3x12 Quarta Fundos 3x12 Sexta-Feira Remo 15' and I would  and I would like to bind it to a datagrid but with a different format, like this, ...

Problem binding a data item to a Datagrid column?
Hi all, I have a problem binding a data item to a Datagrid column. I have an ArrayList which contains Model types. I can bind each property of the Model type to a column which is fine. The problem is that each Model type has a property that exposes a Company type. I want to know how to bind a property in Company type to a column in the Datagrid. I hope the source below helps explain what I want to do :) C# public class ModelColection : ArrayList { .... } public class Model { .... public string Title { get {return _modelTitle;} } pu...

Multiple hyperlinks in a single column inside a datagrid
I have a textbox that stores a few product names. The data is then stored in a database inside a single column called Product. When I display the records in a datagrid, I would like to display each of the name in the form of a hyperlink. If there are 3 names, then there will be 3 hyperlinks. Anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed? Thank you Create a template column. Set the value for the template field to a Function/void that inserts a new hyperlink into the cell. To handle more than 1 link per row split the string into an Array & add a new hyperklink for each dimens...

Web resources about - combine multiple data items into single datagrid column - asp.net.presentation-controls

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Police officer Daniel Holtzclaw guilty of raping multiple women
For months, accusers, authorities and now an Oklahoma jury say, police officer Daniel Holtzclaw preyed on vulnerable women.

James Deen's Porn Company Faces Workplace-Safety Probe After Multiple Rape Claims 0
The California watchdog agency tasked with ensuring safety in the workplace confirmed Wednesday it is investigating porn actor James Deen's production ...

Facebook Tweaks Power Editor for Users With Multiple Ad Accounts
Facebook rolled out a new feature for its Power Editor that should greatly speed up the process for users with multiple advertising accounts. ...

Apple Needs to Offer Own TV Content after Multiple ‘Speed Bumps,’ Says FBR
FBR & Co. analyst Daniel Ives this morning reflects on reports by Bloomberg and others that Apple ( AAPL ) has shelved an effort to create a ...

Google Ventures reportedly closed its European fund after multiple stalled deals
Earlier this week, Google Ventures announced it was closing down its dedicated European fund . It had been assigned $125 million to invest, but ...

Multiple McDonald’s Locations Forced To Close After Prank Callers Convince Workers To Test Fire System ...
When I think of prank calls, I conjure up images of teenage girls huddled around their clear plastic phones, calling boys in their class and ...

OKC Police Officer Found Guilty On Multiple Counts Of Raping Black Women
Former Oklahoma City Police officer Daniel Holtzclaw will be going to prison for a very, very long time. After deliberating for well over 45 ...

Cowboys Fan Beats Up Multiple Attackers In Parking Lot Brawl
That's the best defense anyone wearing a Tony Romo jersey has ever played

Report: Robert Nkemdiche Fell From A 4th-Story Window And Suffered "Multiple Cuts"
Probable top-five NFL draft pick and Ole Miss star Robert Nkemdiche reportedly fell from the 4th floor of a building, and suffered “multiple ...