Calling the Edit command instead of clicking the Edit button

Hi,

Can I have a datagrid that can click any where in the row to call the Edit Command instead of clicking the Edit Button?

Cheers.
PLLMS
0
pllms

I wrote a receipt with similar subject in the Cookbook, where you can set the EditItemIndex
instead of SelectedIndex as shown in the receipt:
Implementing Support for DoubleClicks in a DataGrid
Regards
0
Colt
2/5/2004 4:55:22 AM
Thanks, Colt.

My code can now call the Edit Command where ever i click in a row.
But i have another question.
I have a number of columns on my datagrid. Am I able to get the column (cell) number on which User clicks. This is because I want to set focus on my EditItemTemplate on the column the user clicks.

Regards,
pllms
0
pllms
2/5/2004 7:57:15 AM
Dear Colt,

I'm having the same question here. I saw the code but I can't understand it. Can you explain in more detail?
0
alvin_cllim

How to switch a entire gridview1 into edit mode instead of clicking the edit button on each row?
Hello, I have a gridview1 that opens up via a sqldatasource and to edit each field, I have to manually click edit on each row.  Please suggest a way to switch the entire gridview1 into edit mode after the page opens.  Thank you in advance,  ptown check out this sample: http://www.aspnet101.com/aspnet101/aspnet/codesample.aspx?code=gvfullyeditableDavid WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Cale...

Return in a Edit Item Template text box to cause the Edit Command button to click in a DataGrid
Hello Everyone I have a DataGrid with ItemTemplates.  What the client wants is to be able to hit return in the edit item template's text box, and as a result have the Edit Command Save button clicked. Doing a search I came across several discussions of this topic that indicated that one could do this using JavaScript, but I'm unclear about how to go about this; I'm guessing that I can trap the key press in the box and cause a postback if it's the return key but don't know what event I'm looking for. Suggestions?   Thanks in advance! I am assuming that there's only one save b...

Edit Commands do not show up when edit button pressed
I have a .aspx page I have created, and I am having problems.  I have an editable datagrid created and also a filtering drop down menu as well.  The datagrid shows up fine first, shows all the columns and the entries from the database, and has the edit button next to the entry.  When I press the edit button, the datagrid disappears and there is nothing on the page.  The page is completely blank.  If I reload the page, the data comes back, and when I hit the edit button again, it disappears again.  Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated.  Here...

EDIT CONTROL and COMMAND BUTTON
Hi all, In my window i have a Singleline edit control and a command button.During run time,intially the command button is disabled.Now When I type something in the single line edit control the command button should get enabled without losing focus of edit control.How should i do that? I tried with modidfied event of edit control but it does when the tab order is changed.I am using PB9.0 please help, kishore Hi, try to use not single line control on your window, but free from external dw with one single field. It has editchanged event, it fires when type any value in it'...

editable gridview when user click external edit button
Hi Friend, I have gridview with columns id, fname, lname and email. I have bound the gridview from the table. Now my requirement is: I need to have editable gridview with edit button external to gridview. I can do it, if the edit button is internal to gridview. But I want to achieve editable gridview when user click external edit button. Is it possible or any other control that have this future?  Thanks, FarooqMark as answer if this post helpfull to you.Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right.  Do you want to make a certain row editable or t...

Edit but no edit

calling edit sub of datalist w/o having edit button...
i'm giving the user a datagrid to click on a row to edit a record. once they click on the datagrid row, i want to fire the edit sub of a datalist containing all the items for that record. how can i call the edit sub routine if i don't have the datalist event arguments? thx, mike...

Inline Editing in DataGrid without actually having to click on an edit button
Is it possible to allow inline editing in a DataGrid for each row without having to click an edit button for each row? Basically we have users who have to go through thousands of records and edit and they don't watn to have to keep clicking the edit button in order to invoke the inline editing feature of a DataGrid.basically they just want to give focus to each row with like a tab on the keyboard and be able to just tab their way through to edit each row's data.When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET! Hi:   From your description I think you can just put a TextBox and a &...

To edit or no to edit
Jon, Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like I wrote utterly crap?-) -- Pieter "Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates, Apache in house." -- Usenet signature Pieter Zijlstra wrote: > Jon, > > Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like > I wrote utterly crap?-) Oh boy, the edit button vanished from the web-forum ... ;-) -- Pieter "Humor is also a way of saying something serious." -- T. S. Eliot (1888 - 1965) Pieter Zijlstra wrote: ...

Editable/Not Editable
Hello All, I have some webform(.aspx page) in which i have some controls (for input) and i would like to make that screen editable/not editable based on some condition. how can i do that.  the whole intent is user can read the information but can't change.  shiva kumar If you want to make the controls editable/non-editable, you can set their ReadOnly property to true or false accordingly. What exactly do you imply by making the screen editable/non-editable?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! i mean to say i would like to show the current values but user should not mod...

GridView control enters edit mode only when I click Edit link twice
Hi all..I have a GridView control in an ASP.NET 2.0 page. I added a column that contains edit, update, cancel buttons. Because I did that, I had to handle RowEditing event or an exception was thrown.Well... this is the body of the RowEditing event:protected void gvParametros_RowEditing(object sender, GridViewEditEventArgs e){      gvParametros.EditIndex = e.NewEditIndex;}The fact is that when page is loaded and I click the edit link, page is refreshed but GridView doesn't enter edit mode. When I press edit link again, GridView enters edit mode.Any help to solve this behavior w...

how to make dropdownlist (templatefield) on datagrid editable just when edit button clicked..?
 I have a dropdownlist as a templatefield on a gridview using ASP.NET 2005 (VB).. I want this dropdownlist's enabled property is set false when the grid is loaded, but I want it becomes enabled when I click Edit button on the grid (Edit button is a commandfield).. How do I do it? If anyone gets the informations, please let me know..Or is there a way of showing the value on the grid by Label templatefield first, and when Edit button is click, show the Dropdownlist templatefield, and the colums where the Label templatefield is placed set false for the Visible property? Thank...

Direct editing of gridView or Ddatagrid controls without clicking on an EDIT link
I have an application where lots of data is presented to the user in a gridView control and the user needs the option to review and overwrite any values in the cells of the grid.  My users find it very annoying and time consuming to click on an edit link to turn a row of the gridView into edit mode.  Typically, they might jump around and edit a few values in several rows.  Is there any way to present the data in a gridView control, datagrid control or something that looks like a grid where the entire grid is already in edit mode?  Can you make a grid that cont...

Web resources about - Calling the Edit command instead of clicking the Edit button - asp.net.presentation-controls

WARNING: Unhappy Meals for Facebook Users Clicking Links to $250 McDonald’s Gift Cards
Facebook users who click on links promising them $250 gift cards to McDonald’s are becoming victims of The Hamburglar, in the form of online ...

Facebook tests subscribe button for pages to allow users to receive updates without clicking Like
... Marketing Land reader Craig Smith: We do not have the button on our own accounts, but here is the way to connect with a page without clicking ...

Macintosh User Manual - Clicking - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore peterme's photos on Flickr. peterme has uploaded 5226 photos to Flickr.

Shoes of Prey not the only e-tailer clicking onto bricks and mortar
Aussie internet merchants are realising that an old-school shop front is still vital for building brand and sales.

Shutting down and clicking on (04:36)
While the American government shut down explored absurdity, we have had to make do with mere bemusement over Harvey Norman chief Gerry Harvey’s ...

Want a top Australian Public Service job? Get clicking on Facebook
Click 'Like' if you have what it takes to be a Canberra mandarin.