C# DateTime and SQL Server "DateTime" column type

If I have a property in a class that will be set to a date returned from a SQL Server DateTime column... Should my property be of type "string" or type "DateTime".
0
Son

Hi Son Volt,

You would have to use DateTime type in your class.

Good Coding!

Javier Luna
http://guydotnetxmlwebservices.blogspot.com/

from Villa El Salvador for world!
0
Javier

How to assign null value to a column of "DateTime" type generated by Typed DataSet
Hi, is there a neat way to let Typed DataSet return null for a datetime column. By default as long as a column's value bound from Datasebase is NULL, it will return DbNull, which will in turn causes expection as client refer it, and we cannot assign a default value, null, to it.   Thanks a lot Ricky.Take nothing on looks; take everything on evidence.- Charles Dickens Hi aliasncnu, Go to the typed dataset designer (.xsd) and set the value of datatime field's "NullValue" property to Null instead of Throw an exception. In this case...

Error:"The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value."
I still don't know what is happening with my application. I used before in another page the formview control and I didn't have the out of range Date error. It was normally. But now, I'm doing everything manually and I don't know why, but I'm with this problem. I need to safe this problem today... Here go my code! The error occurs here: (It's the Sub that Insert data inside of the database(SQLServer)Protected Sub Gravar_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Dim SQL As String = "Update RECEBER SET  EMISSAO = '" & CType(tbDataEmissao.Text, Date) & "', VENCIME...

c# And SQL Server. Why "select" can transac but "insert" ?
string connectionString; string queryString; SqlConnection sqlconnection; connectionString="server=fatyi;integrated security=SSPI;initial catalog=tempdb"; queryString="insert into products values(5,'BaoMa',200596,900000,0)"; sqlconnection=new SqlConnection(connectionString); SqlCommand addScorce=new SqlCommand(queryString,sqlconnection); sqlconnection.Open(); addScorce.ExecuteNonQuery(); sqlconnection.Close(); help to find out why? if i use "select" it can transaction in this code. And here "insert" .My WebAp...

c# datetime type into sql datetime type
hi, i'm trying something that should be very simple...trying to insert a datetime type from a web form into sql datetime columnthe code:commandSql.Parameters.AddWithValue("@dteDOB", this.DOB); //DOB is datetime typethe sql column is dteDOB (sql datetime type)the error i get: SqlDateTime overflow. Must be between 1/1/1753 12:00:00 AM and 12/31/9999 11:59:59 PM.do i need to convert it to a string when using parameters with value ? what am i missing here ?thanks,Sharon. The problem is usually that the .NET DateTime object does not have the same range as the SQL one. So if you h...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

.NET 2 "FileUpload" control (or html "file"-type input)
I want to change the button on the control to be a specific colour i.e. other than the default grey. However, I can't find an attribute for this. The background attribute changes the input box area colour. Is there a way to change the colour of the button? Thanks http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html   NC...  ...

How can I access < input type="hidden" name="objHidden" id="objHidden" > from a .net server side function
Topic says it all..please help!! Right Click the control in the design view and select run as server control. ...

How to Convert "string" to "DateTime"
hi , i have a problem i have an textarea that i want to convert to DateTime format (dd/MM/yyyy) . the data in the textarea is (dd/MM/yyyy for example 21/12/2005). i need it to add this data in sql server , in smalldatetime formation colum . plz help.     Wouldn't you just use: DateTime dt1 = DateTime.Parse( stringToParse, formatProvider, styles) This doesn't quite seem like a SQL Server question ... but in ASP.NET you can convert a string to a date using the DateTime.Parse(string) method. Then you could use this as the value of a parameter to a stored procedure with t...

"Time Server Type" vs. "Timesync Type"
We have two time sources within our network: a Reference server and a Primary server . . . both are pointing to External Time Source servers and to each other. I was looking at their settings and confess I'm confused about the difference between two settings: - Default Time Server Type - Timesync Type Both settings offer the standard selection of Single, Secondary, Primary, and Reference. I've matched both settings to their server (either Primary or Reference) but I don't know what the difference represents. Could someone confirm how these settings should b...

Adding type="text/javascript" to .NET server control
I know .NET does not produce valid code - but it is a requirement where I work to make all pages valid. I've read the Liquid Internet article for derving from the base control classes but I'm on a tight deadline right now so... I can get my pages XHTML 1.0 transitional which is good enough for now except for ONE small tidbit, where .NET writes out the __doPostBack JS method like this <script language="JavaScript"> is there any simple way to get it to add <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"> Also, the Liquid Internet ...

"Mricrosoft SQL Server" or "Mricrosoft SQL Server Dababase File
Hi: Trying to understand this logic: We can choose: "Mricrosoft SQL Server" or "Mricrosoft SQL Server Dababase File" as our data source. I understand that if we choose: "Mricrosoft SQL Server", the database is located in server, such as: c:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL1\Data\Northwind.mdf But if we choose: "Mricrosoft SQL Server Dababase File", what will it happen? does that mean it will create a copy of a database (say Northwind.mdf) to my current web application foler, say in: App_Data foder? What is the main advantage (or purpose) ...

convert an sql datetime column to .net datetime data type in front end...?
I have a field (ldate) in a table that typically displays data in the following format:2007-11-12 20:30:47.000In the front end I want the time and the date separately. But as I try to cast it to a datetime object it is giving me a System.NullReferenceException. What I tried to do was just this: Protected Sub gvTopics_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles gvTopics.RowDataBound Dim img As Image = gvTopics.FindControl("imgIcon") Dim lbDate, lbTime As Label lbDate = gvTopics.FindControl(...

How to use "Page base Type" and "User Control base Type"
Who can give me a sample about "How to use 'Page base Type' and 'User Control base Type' "?thanks!...

Getting just the date from a "datetime" sql column along with other data of different formats
Hi. I have a web page that gets the current user, then goes into a database and gets a list of invoices, this includes: invoice numbers, the date of the invoice, the date the invoice was paid, and the amount of the invoice. The data is then bound to a repeater control and displayed. i need a way to get just the date and not the date and time from the datetime columns. Here is my code that i have now: This next part gets the current user, then creates the selection string and binds the repeater to the data.Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) ...

Web resources about - C# DateTime and SQL Server "DateTime" column type - asp.net.presentation-controls