Beginner Help: ODBC/ASP.NET

I'm an absolute beginner, and I need a little help.

System DSN name: sampledata (maps to sampledata.mdb in c:\data folder)

(Has one table called test, with one column called myfield. I entered four sample rows, so myField contains 1, 2, 3, 4, that's it).

I'm using ASP.NET Web Matrix editor. I have dotNET Framework 1.1 installed on my machine. I don't have any other tool. (there's actually a restriction I can't go into right now)

I simply need to display the data from the table in the webpage in a table format, in the simplest way possible. Period.

Can someone help? VB.NET or CSharp code will do.

Thanks.

0
tyrodb

Unless it's another restriction you can't avoid, you should get rid of the DSN.  If forces you to use ODBC with Access, which Microsoft recommended against some 8 or more years ago.  Use OleDb instead.  In the meantime, here are some tutorials for using Access with ASP.NET 1.1: http://www.maconstateit.net/tutorials/ASPNET1/default.htm

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

What are the diffrences between OLEDB.Net and ODBC.NET
 What are the diffrences between OLEDB.Net and ODBC.NET adilahmed  FYI, i am providing some links, which describes about the differences between OLEDB.Net and ODBC.Nethttp://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346361033.aspxhttp://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7823http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/dotnet-ado-net/3456/ODBC-net-Vs-OleDB-net-which-is-Better Thanks and RegardsNimesh PrabhakarMark this post as "ANSWER", if it helped you.. ODBC is Open Data Base Connectivity, which is a connection method to data sources and other things. It requires that...

.net odbc help
How to invoke a store procedure with a decimal(8,2) parameter in c# and .net odbc provider? This what i am doing: IDbConnection _dbConn = new OdbcConnection(connection string); _dbConn.Open(); IDbCommand _dbCmd = dbConn.CreateCommand(); _dbCmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; _dbCmd.Connection = dbConn; _dbCmd.CommandText = "{CALL p_olp_save_test(?) }" OdbcParameter p=new OdbcParameter(); p.DbType=DbType.Decimal p.Direction= ParameterDirection.Input; p.Precision=8; p.Scale=2; p.Value=(Decimal)20.20 p.ParameterName="@col1"; _db...

help in .net controls
Hi All, As I'm new to .net, i'm aware of only the basic server controls and their uses. I've a blur idea about controls like loginview, treeview. I mean i'm not sure of how to implement them in code... Could some one suggest about how to get an idea of all the controls in asp.net??..This could help me learn more about the language. Regards The quick start tutorials on this site should give you a good head start:- http://www.asp.net/Tutorials/quickstart.aspx   The best idea you can get is by reading about them. Here is a summary of some of the webcontrols, and I would also r...

Installing ODP.net Docs into .Net Framework Help
Does anyone know how to go about installing the ODP.Net Help files into the .Net Framework help system? I know it just works with Visual studio. It seems i may need to generate a HxI file for the system. I have no idea how to go about this....

Net Farmers net

OleDb.Net vs. ODBC.Net Connection to Oracle
I want to connect to an Oracle database, and I understand that I can use either the OleDB.Net data provider or the ODBC.Net data provider for my connection. Does it matter which one I use? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Would appreciate any input. ODBC is slower than OleDb. because ODBC has to talk to OleDbProvider then OleDbProvider will talk to Oracle Db. Instead if you are able to use OleDb straight to DB then it will be faster. If you only have THOSE choices, I would take OleDb over ODBC any day. If you are using Framework 1.1, you have the choice of using th...

net send in .net

How to make a .NET assembly to control a service which built by .NET?
i need to build a service to be a quota service by .NET but i need to build a .NET assembly to manage the service by web so, how to build a assembly to control it?Parco LeeOwner + Webmaster + System Engineer + Professional ProgrammerSoftDweller Lab (a software laboratory)http://www.softdweller.comA professional laboratory for new technology softwares developing by .NET.http://www.nowlover.com You need to build a class that uses a ServiceController. You can attach the servicecontroller to the service, and use it to stop, start, pause etc. it. I have a blog. Perhaps you'd like to rea...

DataWindow.Net a nominee for Best .NET Libraries / Controls
http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/ Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange: http://www.codexchange.sybase.com Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi http://www.needhim.org --------------------------------------------------------------------- NOTE: If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will *no...

Web resources about - Beginner Help: ODBC/ASP.NET - asp.net.presentation-controls

Wikipedia:Referencing for beginners - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
References (refs) on Wikipedia are important to validate writing and inform the reader. Any editor can potentially remove unsupported material, ...

The Expert Beginner (@ExpertBeginner1) on Twitter

Automagic Piano Beginner 1 for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Automagic Piano Beginner 1 on the App Store. Download Automagic Piano ...

Mt Airy Beginner Yoga Class - a set on Flickr
... Photos The Commons Getty Collection Galleries World Map App Garden Camera Finder The Weekly Flickr FlickrBlog Upload Sign In Mt Airy Beginner ...

YouTube - The beginning of the universe, for beginners - Tom Whyntie
Veröffentlicht am 09.04.2013 View full lesson: http://ed.ted.com/lessons/the-beginning-of-the-universe-for-beginners-tom-why... How did the ...

Second Test: Beginners' luck or Burns and Khawaja's time?
If Burns and Khawaja can bat positively with intent in the second Test like they did at the Gabba, we will see them in the side for years to ...

A Rugby World Cup beginners' guide: when to wake up and who to look out for
A guide on when to get up, who to look out for and what makes Sunday morning's showdown so special.

COP21: Beginner's guide to the UN Paris climate summit
A background guide to the UN's major conference on climate change taking place in Paris until December 11.

Sound and vision: A beginner’s guide to David Bowie’s music
I'll admit that I was surprised to hear that David Bowie had died last night largely because it had never occurred to me that David Bowie could ...

Simple Tips to Protect Your Wordpress Site for Beginners
... the security of your site is an issue for any site owner. If you are thinking of beginning a Wordpress site, or if you are a Wordpress beginner ...