Add LinkButton Column on runtime

How can I add a Linkbutton Column into a datagrid on runtime??? Not on design time but on runtime...
0
moizsaif

Dim col As New ButtonColumn
col.ButtonType = ButtonColumnType.LinkButton
MyDataGrid.Columns.Add(col)

Bug [MCSD]
0
Bug_Bugger
4/23/2004 2:18:20 PM
I think I need to add the column into a Dataset

should i say dataset1.Tables(0).Add(......?.......)

Moiz
0
moizsaif
4/23/2004 5:19:49 PM
This is my code below, I am trying to get a value dr.getvalue(0) and place it in a Column called LinkButton which I set as a ButtonColumn. The value is being displayed on the grid but doesnt showup as a linkbutton, it shows up only as a text value

Ssql = "select * from testpurpose"
With cmd
.CommandText = Ssql
.Connection = Cn
End With
Cn.ConnectionString = StrOleDb
Cn.Open()
myAdaptor.SelectCommand = cmd
myAdaptor.Fill(DataSet1)
Dim col As New ButtonColumn()
col.ButtonType = ButtonColumnType.LinkButton
DataSet1.Tables(0).Columns.Add(col.ButtonType).ColumnName = ("Linkbutton")
dr = cmd.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.CloseConnection)
While dr.Read
DataSet1.Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("Linkbutton") = dr.GetValue(0)
End While
DataGrid2.DataSource = DataSet1
DataGrid2.DataBind()
Cn.Close()
0
moizsaif
4/23/2004 6:26:41 PM
I see, i though you simply wanted to add a LinkButton column to your datagrid at runtime. Are you autogenerating columns in the datagrid? If so, your column will always show up as text. You need to define your own <asp:ButtonColumn of type LinkButton for the grid and bind it to your dataset.
Bug [MCSD]
0
Bug_Bugger
4/27/2004 8:34:11 AM
I changed my grid to a third party componenet, using infragistics the grid I use now is more flexible, called the ultrawebgrid, yes I set the autogeneratecolumns=true, I am trying to create a linkbutton column, the way yu showed works perfect for the original datagrid but for the ultrawebgrid, that way doesnt work.
0
moizsaif

How to add LinkButton in runtime and add hyperlink's function to LinkButton?
I want to add LinkButton in runtime and setting each LinkButton's hyperlinkfor example click LinkButton1 link to 1.aspx , click LinkButton2 link to 2.aspxclick LinkButton3 link to 2.aspx ... and so oncould it possible? how to do?thank you very much Dim i As IntegerFor i = 1 To 4 Dim HL As New LinkButton       HL.ID = "HL" & i       HL.Text = "Temp" & i       HL.PostBackUrl = "Default" & i & ".aspx"        Pan...

Add .Net Control to Web Custom Control

this.Controls.Add does not add control to child collection (this.Controls.Count == 0)
Ok, as silly as it may sound, I have a situation where I am creating a CompositeControl in ASP.NET 2.0, C#. I have the following code in the CreateChildControls() method that build the control's child control collection: 1    for (int i = 0; i < _menus.Count; i++)2    this.Controls.Add(_menus[i]);3    4    foreach (FloatingMenu menu in _menus)5    {6    Label lbl = new Label();7    lbl.ID = string.Concat("GroupQ", menu.ID);8    lbl.CssClass = "menuIt...

How to generate the crystal reports designing in runtime in dotnet (Add controls in runtime)
How to generate the crystal reports designing in runtime in dotnet means how to Add controls in runtime in dotnet...

How to add the data present in the controls to a table control without any database involvement.
Hi All,i am four controls where i will write the text and once i click the add button those should get added to the table .i want 6 columns fixed in the table and rows as many as required.i tried doing that taking a table server control and able to load the table.but the problem is whenver i am adding a new row the old one is gfetting overwritten by this and at the end i am getting only one row.  System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table t1 = new System.Web.UI.WebControls.Table();  i have declared the below one global TableRow tr; TableCell tc1; TableCell tc2; TableCell tc...

Add control at runtime
Hi, I have a question. I want add some controls, for example static text, at runtime on a window form (PB 11.5 4011). It's possible? If isn't possible with main window i can try use a datawindow, ever if possible. Anyone have a suggestion? TIA Take a look at the OpenUserObject & OpenUserObjectWithParm functions in the help. "stefano" <stefano.pulze87@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eac23e2f-b656-4a9f-a640-d9d9bd6f9519@y42g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a question. > I want add some controls, for example static ...

Add controls in textbox ( TextBox1.Controls.Add(); )
hi to alli want to know about TextBox1.Controls.Addit is possible to add controls in a textbox like placeholder i am using  this much of code for add linkbutton in a textbox 1 LinkButton lb = new LinkButton();2 lb.Text = "Linkbutton1";3 lb.ID = "link1";4 5 TextBox1.Controls.Add(lb);6 7 Response.Write (TextBox1.Controls.Count);8 Response.Write(TextBox1.Controls.ToString());this code run without any error when i count a control in textbox then it will disply me a 1 but on the page it will not display any controls in a textbox if this is...

How to add a column during runtime?
I have a need to issue a change to the database - add a column to a table dynamically. This has to be done during the PB runtime (v5) via a powerscript to a SSA runtime (v5). What's the best way? TIA, YA In article <35FD5F35.1EC1@compuserve.com>, 73313.165@compuserve.com says... > I have a need to issue a change to the database - add a column to a > table dynamically. This has to be done during the PB runtime (v5) via a > powerscript to a SSA runtime (v5). What's the best way? > TIA, > YA > If your transaction object is maintaining a connection...

How to add controls at runtime?
Hi all, I just want to add several controls at runtime like dropdown list, text box abd button. And, when we click the button again one row will be added with the set of controls likewise.can anyone please help me? Thanks in Advance.  this article will help.http://www.devx.com/codemag/Article/20144 Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you Radhamani:I just want to add several controls at runtime like dropdown list, text box abd button. And, when we click the button again one row will be added with the set of controls likewise.can anyone please he...

how i can present cancel and update columns at runtime after i'm clicking on edit column?
i'm using the ITemplate  to create the columns of my gridView at runTime and i'm creating the edit column in this function: createColumns(). that function calling to some instant of a class that implements the ITemplate in order to create the gridView columns. my objective is to create the update and the cancel columns at runtime just after i'm clicking on edit column. Try like this, override protected void OnInit(EventArgs e) {        CommandField cmd1 = new CommandField();        c...

Is there a way to add extra control to header of a Grid column, but still keep the default column name? thanks
I am using Grid, and I add template field <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="name" SortExpression="something">if I want to have special header, I can use HeaderTemplate, but with HeaderTemplate added ,the headertext will not show, if there a way I can just add a control beside the headertext? since I don't want to handle the column sort. thanks I am sure there is a better way to do this, but in the past I have used the following method although I left out the commandname and arguments protected void GridView1_DataBound(object sender, EventArgs e) { string celltext = GridView1.H...

Add controls at runtime to gridview
Hello friends, I am working on a web application using Visual studio 2005 and C#. in the database I have table having a primary column ID and a image path column Another column is the sanem of the image. Now what I want to do is to create a gridview and display images in the gidview may be 5 in one row. How to do this?Another thing I want to do is add controls to each cell, I want to add literal control to each sell. I want to add paypal buttons below each image. How thaht can be done? I guess that can be done at runtime adding controls.  Please let me know what can be done for t...

Add columns to datagrid in runtime
I am having a problem of adding a multiple templete columns to a datagrid. What i want to do is that whenever the user clicks a button a new templete column similar to the one in the exixting datagrid is added to that datagrid in rumtime. I am using th code Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click Dim st As String Dim col As New TemplateColumn dt = Session("state") col = New TemplateColumn col = DataGrid1.Columns.Item(3) DataGrid1.Columns.AddAt(dt.Columns.Count - 2, co...

Web resources about - Add LinkButton Column on runtime - asp.net.presentation-controls

Technology - BioLite Stove
Shop News FAQs CampStove HomeStove About Our Mission & Story Technology Contact Us Jobs BioLite Technology: Converting Waste Heat into Electricity ...

Flex Examples
Just a bunch of Adobe Books About Me About You Tags Links Flex 3 (Codename: Moxie) Flex 4 (Codename: Gumbo) Flex Hero Colophon Setting the icon ...

Health & Safety Watch - Food, Consumer Product, and Drug Real-time Recalls; Disease Outbreaks and Public ...
An innovative information service led by public health experts that provides critical real-time public health information tailored to the needs ...

Microfinance and microcredit
Information about microfinance and microcredit. Get the latest from the world of microfinance!

ButtonExtensions Module
AddConfirmation() This Extension Method extends the Button, ImageButton, and LinkButton by adding a JavaScript confirmation dialog that appears ...

Sell Your Item
Join your friends and neighbors in a gigantic online yard sale on Facebook.

Register for projects, internship, free lance job & outsourcing work.
For doing projects, internship, small job online - Enroll urself. Companies can get multiple project ideas from talented students at minimum ...

DropDown Sample
Samples HOME Accordion AjaxFileUpload AlwaysVisibleControl Animation AreaChart AsyncFileUpload AutoComplete BalloonPopup BarChart BubbleChart ...

Atlas causing javascript conflicts? : The Official Forums for Microsoft ASP.NET
I am using an UpdatePanel that contains several LinkButtons and a GridView control. The LinkButtons are used to select/deselect all of the checkboxes ...