Response.Redirect after response.OutputStream.Write?

I'm using the Wrox Docs module from Building An ASP.NET Intranet.

This code outputs the doc from the DB to the client

Dim ItemID As Integer = -1
Dim strTable As String = "parent"
Dim DocsSec As New WroxDocSecurity()
'comment this code if you don't want to lock down the download process
If Not (DocsSec.HasDocPermissions(DocumentPermissions.DownloadandViewOnly, Request.Params("key"))) _
And Not (PortalSecurity.HasEditPermissions(Request.Params("mid"))) Then
Response.Write("<script>alert('You do not have authority to download files.')</script>")
Response.End()
End If
If Not (Request.Params("ItemID") Is Nothing) Then
ItemID = Int32.Parse(Request.Params("ItemID"))
ElseIf Not (Request.Params("SubItemID") Is Nothing) Then
ItemID = Int32.Parse(Request.Params("SubItemID"))
strTable = "child"
End If
If ItemID <> -1 Then
' Obtain Document Data from Documents table
Dim DocsDB As New WroxDocsDB()
DocsDB.RenderDocument(ItemID, strTable, Response)
End If
End Sub
Public Function RenderDocument(ByVal ItemID As Integer, ByVal strTable As String, ByRef response As HttpResponse) As Integer
Dim db As New Wrox.Intranet.DataTools.Database()
Dim dr As SqlDataReader
Dim params(1) As SqlParameter
Try
params(0) = db.MakeParameter("@ItemID", ItemID)
params(1) = db.MakeParameter("@Table", strTable)
db.RunProcedure("upDMS_RenderWroxDoc", params, dr)
If dr Is Nothing Then
_errorMessage = db.ErrorMessage
End If
Catch e As Exception
_errorMessage = "Unable to retrieve the document [" & e.Message & "]"
dr = Nothing
End Try
dr.Read()
response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline;filename=" & dr("filename"))
'NOTE: could also use "attachment" instead of "inline"
response.ContentType = CType(dr("ContentType"), String)
response.OutputStream.Write(CType(dr("Content"), Byte()), 0, CInt(dr("ContentSize")))
dr.Close()
response.End()
End Function

After the line

response.OutputStream.Write(CType(dr("Content"), Byte()), 0, CInt(dr("ContentSize")))

I want to response.redirect("Page.aspx")
This doesn't work - and it also leaves a window open that I want to close automatically.
What I want to happen is for the doc the output to the client, update the DB so the Doc is then checked out, close the window, then redirect back to refresh the DataGrid.
Anyone know of a solution to this?
0
dickies
8/27/2003 7:20:56 PM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Response.write or Response.redirect?
I have a code using Response.Write and javascript to open another page, the code looks like this: Response.Write("<Script language='javascript'>window.open('http://10.10.30.25:8080/Orders/Orders.aspx?vloc=fac&vflag=" & Session("varflag") & "&vid=" & Session("FacilityID") & "&vrepid=" & Session("varid") & "');</script>") it send me to another page in a different window or tab. I want to open it in the same window or tab as in Response.Redirect, but in Respons...

Response.Redirect & Response.Write issues
I have code in my image click event which opens a new window when the end user clicks on the image. I need a new page/tab to open up and below is one version of how i do it. The issue l have is this always get stopped by the popup blocker and l want it to open up a new tab without forcing the popup or loosing the initil page!! protected void ImageButton1_Click(object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) { Code here connects to Access and does its job then below is actioned......... try { conn.Open(); sdc.ExecuteNonQuery(); st...

Response.write and response.redirect working together.
In my If then else statement I have 2 statements that are if true i need to pop up a message box and then when they hit ok, redirect them to another page.  so here is the statements and below that it show how I tried to use some code in the statment, but what happens is on the second statement the pop-up will not come up but it will wait 10 seconds and then redirect itself. ElseIf txtStatus.Text = "AGR PERM" Or txtStatus.Text = "AGR TEMP" Then       Page.RegisterStartupScript("LoadFunction", "<script type='text/ja...

No response from response.redirect
Hi, my asp.net project has atleast 10 webforms and for navigation the response.redirect was working fine till today. It stopped working in one of the pages but stills fine in the other pages. eg. the CANCEL button loads the previously navigated page. All CANCEL except one are working. I checked the button click event, put labels with messages in them; the labels get posted when the button is clicked; but when i remove the labels and put in the response.redirect("PAGE NAME") it stopped working; i even put the wrong path in the response.redirect, still the errorhandler or any o...

Using Response.OutputStream.Write for Sending Response to the client
 Hi All, I have a small program that is trying to POST and XML to an ASP.net aspx web page. I am using WebRequest and WebResponse classes for communication between aspx and client program. Communication from client to aspx page has no problems and I am able to read complete XML file. To send a response back to the client ( a c# program) I create an XML file and convert it into byte stream and I use Response.OutputStream.Write() function to send message. On the client end I receive the message but it is followed by some standard HTML text (which is required for the aspx page. ...

Using Response.Redirect and Response.Write from flat class file
Setup: I developed an interface that holds certain functions that are shared between some users in my system. The different users are grouped into classes that implement that interface. Problem: In some instances the implementations of this interface include a mere write to the screen or a redirect. However, when I attempt to do something like Response.write or Response.redirect from those classes, I am getting an error that says "Response is not Available in this Context" Question: Is what I am trying to do possible and if so, how do I correct this problem. ...

How can I get a Response.Write and Response.Redirect to work one following the other?
I have a button on my webform that needs to perform 2 operations.  First it must open a new window which I usually do like this: sJScript = "<script>window.open('Form01.aspx?ID=0&Parent=5', '', '');</script>"Response.Write(sJScript)Second it must redirect the current page (not the newly opened one).  I usually do that like this:Response.Redirect("Form02.aspx?ID=6")My problem is, in this case, I must do both with one button click and they interfere with each other.  I've tried flushing/ending the response object in various places, re ordering things, etc but n...

HttpHandler output : context.Response.BinaryWrite(..) or context.Response.OutputStream.Write(..) ?
Hi folks, i've made a simple handler that takes in a giud (asp.net membership guid) and then returns an avatar joined to the guid account.eg. < img src = "~/blah.img" ... / > Works, fine, etc. When it comes to the actual writing of the byte[] back to the client we have TWO options to use. a) context.Response.BinaryWrite(..) orb)  context.Response.OutputStream.Write(..) is it bad to use BinaryWrite to dump the image data back to the user? The reason i'm asking is that i would prefer NOT to store the content type of the uploaded avatar image ... but if i have to then i wil...

Won't let me use both Response.Write and Response.Redirect in same function?
Below is my code:Response.Write("&lt;script language='javascript'>window.open ('Saved Form.htm' ,'NewWindowName', 'width=400, height=400, toolbar=no, resizable=no');</script>"); Response.Redirect("forms.aspx?Form=sale");  Those two lines are in a function. When that function is called it directly redirects me to forms.aspx without opening the new window first. How can I fix that so that it opens the new window and then redirects the user to a different page in the old window. Using Visual Studio 2005. Language: C# ...

What’s the difference between Response.Write() and Response.Output.Write()?
Response.Write() gives a formated output OR Response.Output.Write() gives a formated output. Friend, The difference between Response.Write() and Response.Output.Write() in ASP.NET. The short answer is that the latter gives you String.Format-style output and the former doesn't. The long answer follows.In ASP.NET the Response object is of type HttpResponse and when you say Response.Write you're really saying (basically) HttpContext.Current.Response.Write and calling one of the many overloaded Write methods of HttpResponse. Response.Write then calls .Write() on it's internal Text...

Should we use Response.Redirect ( url, true) or Response.Redirect ( url, false) ?
Normally most of the time we use Response.Redirect (url). How is this different from Response.Redirect ( url, true) or Response.Redirect ( url, false) ? Also, what is the best form of Redirect to use when going to another page?sun21170 The second parameter of Response.Redirect is endResponse which is boolean value that indicates whether to stop running the current page.It depends on if you want to keep it alive or stop it.Thanks Mark post(s) as "Answer" that helped youElectronic ScrewWebsite||Blog||Dub@i.net In what situation, would someone pass a true for the endResponse ...

Using Response.Redirect() after Response.Flush()
I wonder if anyone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having in redirecting to a new page after calling Response.Flush(); The problem has arisen as a side effect of implementing a "Please Wait..." page that displays when clicking on a Search button. The following code is executed when the button's Click event is run: private void btnConfirm1_Click(object sender, System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs e) { btnConfirm1.Visible = false; Response.Buffer = true; FileStream oFile = new FileStream(Request.PhysicalApplicationPath + "/Con...

Response.WriteFile vs Response.Write
Hey guys...  I am using a FileUpload control and trying to display the pdf file. I can't get it to show the pdf file when I use Response.Write. But if I save the file to a directory and use WriteFile instead I can get it to work.  What does WriteFile do differently? Response.Clear(); Response.ContentType = "application/pdf";byte[] arrBytes = new byte[fUpload.PostedFile.ContentLength];Stream oStream = fUpload.FileContent; oStream.Read(arrBytes, 0, arrBytes.Length);Response.Write(new ASCIIEncoding().GetString(arrBytes)); Response.Flush(); Response.End(); ...

Not able to use Response.write for writing to Excel, when using Response content compression
We have the Excel download option for our page, for which we use Response.ContentType as application/vnd.ms-excel and writing the data to Excel stream using Response.write.  As we apply Respone fileter for compressing the response content, this is not working. Considering the performance we don't want to disable the compression.  can anyone give some suggestions? Thanks in advance.     Disabling the compression for these particular requests would be OK, wouldn't it?However, a compressing response filter should not be a problem, even with application/vnd....

Web resources about - Response.Redirect after response.OutputStream.Write? - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

Stack Overflow
Stack Exchange log in - careers - chat - meta - about - faq Questions Tags Users Badges Unanswered Ask Question Top Questions interesting 325 ...

JavaServer Pages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
JSP is similar to PHP , but it uses the Java programming language . To deploy and run JavaServer Pages, a compatible web server with a servlet ...

Android Developers Blog
Posted by Alex Klyubin, Android Security Engineer The Android security team has been investigating the root cause of the compromise of a bitcoin ...

Some SecureRandom Thoughts
Posted by Alex Klyubin, Android Security Engineer The Android security team has been investigating the root cause of the compromise of a bitcoin ...

Android Developers Blog
Posted by Ian Lake , Developer Advocate Today, we’re excited to give you new tools to build better apps with the rollout of Google Play services ...

Better Integration of Jpype and Log4J
We’ve been using JPype at GEM to integrate some existing legacy Java libraries with the new Python code in OpenQuake. Until today, one of the ...

Java Developer Kit (JDK) Search Engine
Java Developer Kit (JDK) Search Engine

Basic4android (Basic for Android) - Android programming with Gui designer
Basic4android (Basic for Android) is a simple and powerful development environment for developers of Android applications.