Please Help! Please clue me in

I have downloaded the IBuySpy Portal for  VS.Net. Have setup and when I m opening it with  VS.net  the pop up alerts that the kind  a Portal were made for  version .Net 1.0 that it should be converted  yes/no. When  I click  yes it converts but  consequently every file  become Read Only. Finally when I buid and run it. It always seeks for index.aspx. I have tried to make default.aspx  as a start page but it did no respond for that still  requiring for  index.aspx. Think because everything is  read only.  I tried to change properties by hand but  I could not make it.. is there any one  Just please clue me in! thands
0
dejawoo
1/21/2004 4:33:48 PM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You should be able to remove the read-only attribute for all of the files by opening Windows Explorer, then right-click on the root folder of your web and select properties.  Deselect the Read-only box.

Where is it that you tried to set default.aspx as the start page?
Jared Livingston
MrLivingston.com - Livingston Family Website

Test/Demo site - moonmark.com
0
wunderkinder
1/22/2004 4:50:14 PM
thanx  for  responding, yeah you are  right  , this  time  I could achieve make it  write  able  also. but the problem is still being occur. I mean it gives me error message that  could not find PortalCSVS/index.aspx . How  can I deal with this  any idea?
0
dejawoo
1/22/2004 5:23:58 PM
Are you certain that IIS is pointing to the proper location?  For example, if you have your portal web files in c:\PortalCSVS, then make sure that IIS is not pointing the default website to c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\PortalCSVS.
Jared Livingston
MrLivingston.com - Livingston Family Website

Test/Demo site - moonmark.com
0
wunderkinder

Please! Please! Please! Please! Help
I am very new to the Linux/Oracle/Perl world coming from a many many years of a Windows environment. I have self learned everything I know about this new environment. So far I have successfully installed Redhat 9 in an Intel box and have gotten Oracle 9I running correctly. I can run scripts via sqlplus, sqlldr etc. Perl (I think ver. 5.8.0) is running on the box and I can create and run scripts that do other processes but I have had no success in getting Perl to connect to the Oracle database to generate some reports. With my experience using MS-SQL there is no major issues w...

Please help, please, please
This is driving me crazy, I cannot find what is wrong with this thing. I have a custom module and after post back none of the following are processed : user, login, visibility, title, solpartmenu. None of it gets processed. Please help meYou died at the very end of your life Are you saying a skin, or a custom module. With custom modules you should not be dealing with tokens, I don't think they have anything to do with it. What module are you working with? No I am not using tokens, container skin is Classic skin that comes with DNN. I am talking about custom module. It has a text box a...

Please Please Please help
I am trying to populate a second dropdownlist from the first. both dropdownlists are displayed inside the datagrid. I can populate the first one easily but my onselectedindexchanged event states: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: Line 195...

Please Please Please HELP!!!
I have posted this many times to no avail. I managed to publish the site somwhere despite being an intranet. I have published the site just in case I was not clear in explaining the prblem that I was having. Go to http://www.undg.ks.undp.org/test/login.aspx and login with userid: test password: test Click on 'search for cases' and then click on the search button (the dates are inserted automatically). Click on the paging and try to go to page 12,13,14,15 - any page really above page 11. Can you see what is happening? Below is the code that I am using. Please tell me wha...

Please Please Please help me out...
hello, our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out i'm a newbie. hello, our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out i'm a newbie. the file server ip is 192.20.71.1 the proxy ip is 192.20.71.252 akula_26@hotmail.com wrote: > our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a > proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please hel...

Please Please Please
I have only been asking for 4 years but PLEASE include a setting at the accounts level that sets the default compose to plain text if the account of type NEWS. Its a PITA to have to recall or remember to change my compose to plain text manually! Andre, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check a...

Please please please
Folks, Please can we stop the petty bickering about banning or not banning............... The points have been made and in my opinion this is not the place to carry on with it. Once again - PLEASE! Regards Ian _____________________________________ Ian Sargent Education & Training Consulting Services Ltd Tel/Fax: 01344 644579 Mobile: 07970 847197 email: ians@etcs.co.uk www: http://www.etcs.co.uk _____________________________________ "Ian Sargent" <ians@nospam_etcs.co.uk> wrote in news:af7d6c$2da6$1 @news.grc.com: > Please can we st...

Please, please, please ....
Name: Dean Talboys Email: deanatlouistalboysdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Please, please, please .... Comments: Could you include a button on Firefox to register the currently viewed site as Firefox "Unfriendly"? I'm a developer of sophisticated Internet applications (check out http://www.psychl.com/ONE/cyclex.asp to see how much abuse a browser can take) and I always spend time to ensure my sites are IE and Firefox compatible. But I'm really frustrated at the number of sites that aren't Firefox compatible. You know, you get to the last screen of ...

please please please
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: please please please Comments: could you please resolve this crashing. the browsers crashes so often... I'm watching streaming video and it crashes in the middle of it... which costs me. I don't want to exceed me bandwith with friggin rogers. they're a pain. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you mus...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Name: Nick Crain Email: n.crain_at_rogers.com Product: Firefox Summary: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Comments: Can you please include a rss feed indicator thing like IE 7 has. You know where every time you visit a page that has an rss feed available it beeps and then you can subscribe to it? That is such a handy feature. It's just too bad it's on a damn microsux product. please put it in firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 Nick Crain wrote: > Name: Nick Crain > Email: n.crain_at_r...

LDAP Request Help
My head is about to fly off my neck and shoot through the ceiling! Ive been trying to make the following code work for weeks, and I cannot figure it out. The code is located at this website: http://v5.beta.docutek.com/eres/custom/fresnoLDAP.aspx. Everytime I try to run this sub I get the following error: "Unknown error (0x80005000) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServic...

Please, Please Help!
I have been trying to figure this out for weeks now and I dont know what is going on. I am trying to insert a row into a database and for some reason it gives me this error. I really need help on this, I have been trying to figure this out for SO long and I can't find anything anywhere.     Unable to open the physical file "C:\ASP.NET\App_Data\dbInfo.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)".An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\ASP.NET\App_Data\dbInfo.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file canno...

Please help...please
Name: jOHN MILEQUE Email: kingofallkings08athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Please help...please Comments: Heloo...how do i remove firefox as my default browser...i dont want to make it my default browser...i want internet explorer to be my default browser but i need help on that....fast as possible.. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Please please help...
can someone please help me to link the asp to my database and return specific results in html. I'm really stuck and I have to hand the assignment in today at 12. I'm really stuck. asp.zip > I'm really stuck. You sure are — you're not even on the right forums. ASP developers talk on the ASP Messageboard.Alister What you want to do in this problem. Enter the data from user. Then insert into table. And finally show the result. Clear the problem.My Blog: DotNetError@BhatiaWorldDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This credits tha...

Web resources about - Please Help! Please clue me in - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

Germany shuts Munich stations on warning of New Year suicide attack
By Joseph Nasr BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany shut down two train stations in Munich about an hour before midnight on Thursday following a tip from ...

Angry Alabama defense makes point against Michigan State
ESPN Angry Alabama defense makes point against Michigan State ESPN ARLINGTON, Texas I don't know what they're showing on the runways of Paris, ...

Ben Carson's Campaign in Chaos as Top Aides Resign
Citing low morale, job insecurity and infighting, Carson's campaign manager and top advisor both resigned Thursday — a shakeup that comes just ...

'Affluenza' teen may delay deportation with human rights law
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Lawyers for a Texas teen who cited "affluenza" as a defense in a deadly drunken-driving wreck may be attempting to stall ...

In Reversal, Twitter to Let Politwoops Collect Politicians' Deleted Tweets
New York Times In Reversal, Twitter to Let Politwoops Collect Politicians' Deleted Tweets New York Times Politwoops will once again be able ...

BBC hit by widespread outages taking website and iPlayer offline - Technology - The Guardian
UK public broadcaster apologises as its internet services are taken down in what may have been a DDoS attack affecting its website, apps and ...

Iran Denounces US Sanctions Over Missiles, Saying It Will Build More
New York Times Iran Denounces US Sanctions Over Missiles, Saying It Will Build More New York Times Iran's president denounced the United States ...

Stocks close lower; worst year for S&P, Dow since 2008
U.S.stocks closed lower in light volume trade Thursday, the last day of 2015, despite some stabilization in oil prices.

Kathy Griffin Starts Off #CNNNYE by Asking Cooper If He Would Cuddle with Caitlyn Jenner
How did Kathy Griffin kick off CNN’s New Year’s Eve coverage tonight? By asking Anderson Cooper about his “sexual relationship with Caitlyn Jenner ...

Wayne Rogers, Trapper John on M*A*S*H*, is dead at 82
Entertainment Weekly Wayne Rogers, Trapper John on M*A*S*H*, is dead at 82 Entertainment Weekly So long, Trapper John: Wayne Rogers, who played ...