New Form - New to .net and Portal

I need to create a form that will post to a different page outside of the portal Virtual directory, when I do this the form either postsback to itself or does nothing.

how do I get this resolved? I need it to be a form because I don't want the address to display the info..
Example Don't want www.mydomain.com/mypage.asp?data1=one&data2=two

Please help
Keith K. Kowalski
0
keithami
8/4/2004 6:17:00 PM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There are a couple of problems when trying to add forms to your aspx pages.  First of all, the reason .NET is able to do all of it's fancy-schmancy event handling is through the use of a big fat form.  This is great, until you want to include a form in a module.  There can only be one form per page with the runat attribute set to server, and HTML specs do not allow for the nesting of forms.  So if, for instance, you are trying to use the handy html form code that PayPal generates for you automatically, you will get a decidedly unsatisfying page postback when you click the "Pay Now!" button.

To get around this, you will want to temporarily "disable" the way that your aspx page handles button clicks. To do this, you can add an onclick event handler to the submit button of your nested form. The click event should (1) set the action of the page's top form to the action of your nested form; (2) submit the form; and (3) return false to avoid any further processing of the event.
onClick="document.forms[0].action='https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';document.forms[0].submit();return false;"
Here is what a form might look like:

<form id="PayPal" name="PayPal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" class="donateform">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="webpay@mrlivingston.com">

<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Donate to me">
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1">
$
<input type="text" name="amount" size="10">
<input onClick="document.forms[0].action='https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr';document.forms[0].submit();return false;" type="image" src="http://images.paypal.com/images/x-click-but04.gif">
</form>

The great thing about this is that you do not need to create a custom module - the above-code will work in the standard HTML module supplied with IBS.

Jared Livingston
MrLivingston.com - Livingston Family Website

Test/Demo site - moonmark.com
0
wunderkinder

When I deleted PortalCfg.xsd,the Portal Starter Kit can still work normally.Then What is the use of PortalCfg.xsd in Portal Starter Kit?
Thanks! The purpose of PortalCfg.xsd is to make the layout and validate the PortalCfg.xml! The struct of PortalCfg.xml is based on PortalCfg.xsdregards João Martins...

Portal Starter Kit / .NET 2.0 Version / Web Client Software Factory Version
I have started to refactor the initial starter kit. The database schema is still the same for compatibility reasons. http://www.codeplex.com/ASPNETPortal Features Dynamic Portal Infrastructure 10 basic portal modules for common types of content 2 extra portal modules: RSS Feed and Wiki A "pluggable" framework that is simple to extend with custom portal modules Online administration of portal layout, content and security XML based definition of portal layout Database based definition of portal layout Roles-based security for viewing content, editing content, ...

IBuySpy Portal vs. Portal Starter Kit
I am new to portals and relatively new to ASP.NET and I would appreciate some clarification about IBS and the Portal Starter Kit. I have read existing postings and come away with the impression that the Portal Starter Kit is a more updated version of IBS, which is not being further developed. But then I notice a lot of developer activity on the forums for both IBS and Portal Starter Kit and Microsoft features both prominently and independently on the ASP.NET site. I have been leaning toward IBS because I have the Wrox book Building an ASP.NET Intranet to guide my initial work in add...

IBuySpy Portal and Portal Starter Kit Security Issue
Yesterday we became aware of a security vulnerability in two of our sample applications: the IBuySpy Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. We have temporarily removed the IBuySpy Portal sample download and are actively working on an update. An updated Portal Starer Kit sample (version 1.0b) is now available which fixes the problem for that sample. This email provides the steps to immediately fix existing sites and mitigate the potential for a malicious attack. Who is vulnerable? -- Any version of the VB.NET IBuySpy Portal sample configured to use html forms authentication. -- A...

I Buy Spy Portal vs Portal Starter Kit
There seems to be lots of confusion between the IBS Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. Lots of people publish quastions relating to the IBS here, and lots of people answer to questions about the Portal Starter Kit as if it was the IBS. It might be a good idea if a few people that are well familiar with both versions post some info as to the differences. This will help many not only with their confusion but also chose which one to use, based on these differences. Thanks When I started this thread I was sure it will be flooded with opinions and comparisons between IBS Portal and Portal St...

use portal starter kit with community starter kit
I am using the portalvbsdk and community starterkit but both have different user login database, is it possible to connect both starter kits with only one user login panel? Sorry, I am very new with ASP.NET I don't think so. The permissions in portal are different than permissions in community. If a person only logs in one and not the other, the permission settings will always be wrong for the one which has no login. ...

How to open Community starter kit in VS.NET for VB.NET?
Hi,   Some one please tell me how to open community starter kit in VS.NET 2003 as there is no solution object or project file in CommunityStarterKit folder. I have read the documents and installation is fine. Some one tell me please   Thanks There are two different formats of the CSK download. One format uses the SDK compilers and is best if you use notepad, webmatrix or similar. The other format is for Visual Studio . Net users.http://www.asp.net/StarterKits/DownloadCommunity.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Assuming you downloaded the VS.net version and installed it us...

IBuySpy Portal and Portal Starter Kit Security Issue #2
Yesterday we became aware of a security vulnerability in two of our sample applications: the IBuySpy Portal and the Portal Starter Kit. We have temporarily removed the IBuySpy Portal sample download and are actively working on an update. An updated Portal Starer Kit sample (version 1.0b) is now available which fixes the problem for that sample. This email provides the steps to immediately fix existing sites and mitigate the potential for a malicious attack. Who is vulnerable? -- Any version of the VB.NET IBuySpy Portal sample configured to use html forms authentication. -- A...

Downloads are for .net 3.5 but all the starter kits are .net 2.0!?!?
I assume I'm missing something, but after downloading the installer for the latest products - web developer, etc, I downloaded some starter kits, dotnetnuke, the soccer club deal, and a couple others. Of course, none of them would compile and some use solutions, which apparently, express doesn't handle. Why are the starter kits here, as resources, if they aren't compatible with the products available on this site? If I'm suppposed to use an older version of studio express, which one and where do I get it?  I think the run time of 3.5 is same as 2.0, because 3.5 buid on...

How could I create a Google search form in the Portal Starter Kit?

non .net form issue within a .net form tag

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Portal Starter Kit
I'm trying to download the portal starter kit, but I keep getting an error message from download.microsoft.com. Does anyone have the installer that I can download? Thanks Did you ever get it to download??No Animals were harmed in the making of the Application Hammer12...

[OFF] Portal TechBino.net
Ol=E1 pessoal Divulgar para voc=EAs :-) Crei um portal de tecnologia, geek, eletr=F4nicos, nerds, smartphones, redes sociais, software, programa=E7=E3o, open source, gadgets e muito mais. www.techbino.net Tw: twitter.com/TechBino G+: gplus.to/TechBino Abra=E7os, Albino ...

Web resources about - New Form - New to .net and Portal - asp.net.portal-starter-kit

The Tech Portal - India's No.1 website for news on Technology and Start-ups
Though we are well aware as to how rapidly Indians have been adapting to e-retailing, but this was further re-affirmed by Google’s recently released ...

Wikipedia:Community portal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Guild of Copy Editors is hosting its May backlog elimination drive . Sign up to correct hideous grammar, improve your editing skills , and ...

Europa (web portal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All legislation and documents of political importance are published in all 23 official EU languages: Bulgarian , Czech , Danish , Dutch , English ...

Facebook Launches PMD Center Portal For Its Preferred Marketing Developers
Facebook introduced a one-stop shop for its Preferred Marketing Developers , the PMD Center , which allows marketers to sort through the social ...

Everything PR - The Public Relations News Portal
Everything PR is a public relations news portal featuring industry news, trends, and analysis. Learn what's new in PR, social media and marketing. ...

Announcing the FbStart.com Member Portal
Today, we're opening a new online portal for members of FbStart, our global program for mobile app startups. The portal will allow members to ...

Home - FinancialMagazin.com - Financial News Portal
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) may have stumbled due to low sales over the past few months followed up by the recent blow on the sales and ...

The Ocean Portal (@OceanPortal) on Twitter

YIBADA, Global Chinese Portal
Yibada is a dedicated one-stop news resource about China. We cover the latest news on China in different topics including business, culture and ...