Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

After sucessful installation of portal Starter kit, Portal Database was created and portaluser was the new login created.

but when i tried to access the portalVBSDK on my PC this error is displayed.
Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Error is in qlinks.ascx file line 30.
What might the reason.
Thanks in advance for your help..

samoiz
12/24/2003 11:15:43 AM
asp.net.portal-starter-kit 2189 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The most likely reason is because the user you are using in you web.config file does not have proper permissions to the database. If you are using Trusted_Connection="true" then you may not have your SQL server setup to work with trusted connections.

hth
Bruce
DynamicVB.Net
0
bhopkins

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Hi i installed msde with follwoing attributes for a project DotnetNUke..C:\sql2ksp3\MSDE\>Setup.exe SAPWD="password "INSTANCENAME="DNNV3" SECURITYMODE=SQLin my web.config file here is what i am using==><appSettings>    <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=(local);Database=DNNV3;uid=;pwd=password;" />   but i am getting below error...can anyone PLEASE help me on this.thanks a lotInstalling DotNetNukeUpgrade Error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider   ---------------------------------------------...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
I dont believe that no one can help me in this damn error,Please, I'm gonne lose my job offer If I didnt fix this. I have spent 7 days searching with no use !! I use ASP.NET 2.0 with C# to develop an intranet site, it was working perfectly when i was on Visual Studio, when i tried to publish the site it gave me that error. Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. the web application on IIS server, windows 2003 - the database on a different server windows 2003, sql server 2000. Regaeding that we have proxy server, one fi...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Dear All,I am trying to establish a connection to my SQL Server which is on the Remote machine. My ASP.Net application is on the local machine. Below is my connection string: <appSettings><add key="NorthConn" value="server=ABC;integrated security=sspi;database=Northwind"/></appSettings>The North wind Database has the following user accounts:1) ABC\ASPNET2)ABC\IUSR_ABCboth of these accounts have permissions granted to them.My SQL Server has both Windows and SQL Server authentication checked. I checked the properties of my  web project in IIS  and it has both Anony...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. #2
Basic setup IIS 6 with ASP.Net 2.0, Integrated Windows Authentication turned on (anonymous turned off) SQL Server 2000 with Windows Only Authentication on (SQL Server authentication turned off) web.config file contains the following relevant entries:<identity impersonate="true" /><authentication mode=Windows" /> connection string:Data Source=[server name]; Integrated Security=SSPI; Initial Catalog=[database name]; When I run my query on my development server, it runs perfectly. When I run it on the production server (which is just an exact xcopy of the development web site...

Erro : Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection
Hi, I am built-in web server feature of VS 2005 to run my web application as I dont IIS is intstalled on my desktop computer. from this page , application is connecting to SQL server 2000 installed on Windows 2003 Server  on a remote machine. Here is connectionStr = "Data Source=myservername; Integrated Security=True; Trusted_Connection=yes;Initial Catalog=myDB" Application is generating foloowing error message when try to open the connection SQLServer.Open() method. "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" Any help in thi...

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection #3
Hi I have am developing on xp machine with iis 5.1 and trying to connect to a seperate windows 2003 machine with mssql 2000 installed.I would like to use a trusted connection and I added an asp account on the sql server with permissions to the database and also edited the security tab on IIS to have this account. I unchecked allow IIS to control this password.  When I look in the event viewer on my local machine I get an error:Process information:     Process ID: 2388     Process name: aspnet_wp.exe     Account name: MACHINENAME\ASPNET &...

Web resources about - Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. - asp.net.portal-starter-kit