Web Part, Web Request, and HTML form Variables

I would like to build a web portal to display existing standalone web sites in separate web parts.  I was thinking I would need to use an IFRAME in a web part or have the web part do a web request and display the web response.  I would like to be able to monitor the http traffic between the web part and the existing web sites server so that I can perform additional processing on my server.

  • Is there a way that I can capture (read only) the form variables/ hyperlink address when a user clicks a form submit button or hyper link in a web part that has an IFRAME? What if I used the web request/response to display the HTML?
  • If I built the web parts of existing sites using the web request method, will the whole portal be able to handle web parts of sites that have html frames in them?  Will they handle javascript if multiple web parts are using javascript to submit the html form?
0
reccitron
9/14/2005 7:39:24 PM
asp.net.personalization 3779 articles. 0 followers. Follow