Is there a personal site starter kit for VS.NET?

I downloaded the personal site starter kit from microsoft ASP.NET site, but it's .vsi file. I don't know how to open it. Is there such a starter kit as the community kit that can be installed and viewed in VS.NET?

Thanks,

0
LLZ00
2/17/2006 2:37:22 AM
📁 asp.net.personal-site-kit
📃 1290 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 776 Views

Hi LLZ00

Don't try to save the vsi file but when you are prompted just click open. It will then prompt you to accept the Agreement. Just click on "I accept" from the bottom of the agreement. It will start the installation right away.

But you will still need atleast VS 2005 Express edition. So download that before you download the starter kits. Once that is installed, you should download the starter kit and hence the installation will make the project for you and will install in the correct location.

Make sure you don't have VS 2005 Express edition running while you are downloading the starter kit. You will have to close the VS 2005 Express edition and then open it again.

When you open VS 2005 Express edition and click on create a new web site you will see the template of "PERSONAL STARTER KIT" as one of the selection.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Snehal Rana

0