Performance of Db2. Net provider over Oledb.net provider

Hi,

      I heard db2.net provider is better in performance compared to oledb.net provider for connecting to ibm db2 from asp.net applications. Currently I am using oledb.net provider in my application

and I want to switch to db2.net provider. Before that,I thought of checking the performance with sample queries. The metrics show oledb having better performance compared to db2.net provider.

I am confused. Is there any article or source where I can get more info on this.

Thanks

Sveerapally

0
SVeerapally
12/17/2008 6:13:42 AM
asp.net.other-databases 819 articles. 0 followers. Follow

      I found the db2.net provider to outperform oledb.net provider for huge data > 500 rows. Below that,both are giving same performance.Smile

0
SVeerapally

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

.NET ASE Provider for .NET 2.0
Has Sybase released their .NET ASE Provider for .NET 2.0 yet? Thanks, Todd > Has Sybase released their .NET ASE Provider for .NET 2.0 > yet? > > Thanks, > Todd Hye Todd, Looks like sybase is not going to release .NET Provider for .NET 2.0 Framework . Please have a look at this link http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1038292 Sybase has released provider for .net framework 2.0 and through which we connect to sybase 15.0 database. I am not sure whether we will be able to connect to sybase 12.5.2 and utilize .net framework 2.0 features. If you come acor...

Problem with Connection of Informix .NET Provider with .NET.
Hello All, I am facing problem regarding connection of .NET with IBM Informix .NET Data Provider.I got a help from IBM site of Manual to connect with .NET and accessing informix as a informix .net data provider you need to import IBM.Informix.data as a namespace to access .NET based informix classes as similar to access sql server using namespace system.data.sqlclient.In that manual written as following---- Before you use the IBM Informix .NET Provider, you must execute the script, cdotnet.sql, against the sysmaster database as the user informix. So, my problem is that...

DW.NET support for SQL Anywhere .NET provider
Hello, we are trying to get DW.NET (v. 2.5) working with Sybase SQL Anywhere .NET provider for database access. Does anybody know if that is possible, and if so, then how? The reason for this question is that we are evaluating DW.NET as a solution for document printing from our existing C# application which uses SQL Anywhere .NET provider. I would expect that these two products should work together, as they are both developed by Sybase and targeted for the same .NET platform. Linas ...

switching .NET Provider btwn .NET Framework versions?
Subj.: switching .NET Provider btwn .NET Framework versions? My application has to access remote SQLBase data server thru ..NET Provider. I installed SQLBase 8.5 driver pack for this. My PC has both .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1 installed. How can I switch between .NET Frameworks or make sure that my my aqpplication hasn't dependency on Framework 1.1? [1] writes: "You must have the .NET Framework already installed on your machine before the SQLBase .NET Data Provider will install correctly. Gupta recommends that you install the most recent service pack for ...

Performance comparison between OleDb and Ase ADO.NET Provider
Hi There, Please have a look at my results below. It seems that the OleDb Driver performs faster when you return 100 records or more through a DataSet. I would like to think the native .NET driver should always be faster. Is the slowness due to the Beta version, or will OleDb perform faster even in the first release? **************************************** Testing Sybase OleDb data provider **************************************** Testing Connection Testing : 1 record 1 records returned Ran for: 00:00:00.0937518 Testing : 100 records 109 records returned Ran for: 0...

Sybase ADO.NET Provider for .NET Framework 2.0
Hi, We are developing a .net application( Visual Studio 2005 and .NET Framework 2.0) which needs to support Sybase, SQL Server and Oracle. We are using Microsoft Data Access Application block (DAAB) to support SQL Server and Oracle. Now we would like to customize that application block to support to Sybase 12.5.* onwards. When I installed client utilities for sybase, I could see a ADO.NET Provider with the version 1.1.327, which does not have the following classes which are required to customize the Microsoft DAAB. 1. AseClientFactory class : This class is required to custom...

net send in .net

Net Farmers net

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

.net provider
I am having trouble figuring out how to use .net providers for databases. I figured out the odbc.net provider but not other database providers They are installed and in the GAC but if I do a import the namespace is not found. Thanks,   Fr. Robert you must either put a reference to them in your web.config file or copy them into the bin directory of your webapp. ...

Web resources about - Performance of Db2. Net provider over Oledb.net provider - asp.net.other-databases

Men, sex and performance anxiety
Sex occupies the minds of young men in more ways than the obvious.

Apple updates Logic Pro X & MainStage 3 Mac apps with performance improvements, new features
... is now at version 3.2.3 thanks to its most recent update. Both apps have received a handful of new features, under-the-hood changes, and performance ...

Electric vehicle puts in solid performance in the world’s toughest rally
... but remote and arduous terrain. And this year an electric vehicle called the Acciona 100% EcoPowered put in an extremely credible performance. ...

BMW i8: Jaw-dropping style and green performance, but why?
... drives the BMW i8 for a week and starts to wonder why the Germans built this EV. Continue reading BMW i8: Jaw-dropping style and green performance, ...

"I agree that Sylvester Stallone gave a hearty, worldly-wise performance as the aged Rocky Balboa..." ...
"... and thought that he’d be one of the few intersections between my own year-end picks and the nominations. But the Academy’s choice of no ...

WaPo: Trump/Cruz Commanding Performances in Debate Make It a Two-Horse Race
WaPo: Trump/Cruz Commanding Performances in Debate Make It a Two-Horse Race

Even the 'Suicide Squad' director was 'freaked out' by Jared Leto's twisted Joker performance on set
... gifts to cast members — including a dead rat to Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn) and bullets to Will Smith (Deadshot). His transformative performance ...

Suicide Squad: Jared Leto's Ambitious Joker Performance Teased - Collider
Directors David Ayer and Zack Snyder tease the dramatic lengths Jared Leto took for his ambitious performance as The Joker in DC's Suicide Squad. ...

Google to boost compression performance in Chrome 49
Google yesterday announced that a new in-house compression algorithm, dubbed "Brotli," will soon be added to Chrome to speed up page loading ...