Link FoxPro Database table to SQL Server Database table

I have LAN Server in witch Visual Foxpro Database reside.I have another remote server in witch SQL Server 2005 installed.I want to link Foxpro table to SQL Server Database Table.Is it possible?

Can please someone help?

Thanks

MS

0
Mohd
6/9/2008 1:58:48 PM
asp.net.other-databases 819 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Error accessing database in App_Data that has linked tables from a database on another server
I have a database that lives on a Windows Server 2003 server (Server A). On another Windows 2003 server, I have my ASP.NET intranet application. In the App_Data folder of my ASP.NET application, I have a .mdb file that is basically a shell to hold links to the tables in the database file located on Server A. The reason why the master tables live in a database on Server A is because we access the data in those tables from projects outside ASP.NET, so I put the database on the server that made the most logical sense for universal access. Because I also want to access the data in those tables f...

I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio
I imported a SQL Table into SQL DataBase, But I can not update this table even with SQL Server management Studio When I change any data on mentioned table above, Red exclamation sign appears left of the record . How can I correct this problem?  Thanks. Try running the UPDATE via Query Analyzer...and see if you get an error.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

Move a Table from one SQL 2005 Database to Another SQL 2005 Database
I created a table in an SQL 2005 database, however, I want to move that table and the data to another SQL 2005 database (within the same server). I am new to SQL 2005 and detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill You have two options the first is clean but the second is easier.  Try the links below for details.  Hope this helps. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174335.aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188029.aspx  Kind regards,Gift Peddie Thanks, but the documentations is somewhat overwhelming and was hoping of a ba...

Why I cannot create/edit tables in VS.Net Server explorer for SQL Server 2000 Developer local database?
I found that when I install MSDE, then I can create/edit database objects for MSDE database in Visual Studio 2003 Server Explorer, but when I try to create/edit database objects under the default database created by the SQL Server 2000 installation, I cannot do these tasks as no option for these tasks appear when I right-click on the database object in Server Explorer.  Anyone knows why this is happening?sun21170 I reproed your issue. And I found in MSDN it is said the Server Explorer can: -Open and view Server Explorer -Add a data connection -Add a server -Drag a...

Transfer tables and other contents from access database to sql database
Hi All, can anyone please help me to transfer tables and other contents from access database to sql database? I have access database file, can I also directly convert it into a sql database file? You can upsize your Access database to an SQL Server database (In Access, Tools>>Database Utilities>>Upsize Wizard.... follow the screen. Or you can use SQL Server's Import and Export wizard to import your access database to SQL Server.   You cannot convert your Access database file to SQL Server data file directly.Limno  Read this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/23...

Linking Tables From Different Databases Or Querying From Multiple Databases
Dear Readers,Is it possible, like in Access, to link to tables in other SQL databases that are on the same server? I have a query that I originally had in Access that queered from multiply databases. It did this by having those other tables in the other databases linked to the database that had the query.    Yes, you just need to fully qualify the tables, using the database names: select t1.field1, t2.field2 from Database1..table1 t1 inner join Database2..table2 t2 on t1.keyfield = t2.keyfieldMark DoyleDoyle ITSwww.doyleits.com SELECT t1.customer.* , t2.email.* FRO...

a little help with transfering table A in Database A into table B in database B
I can't seem to find a good tutorial in transfering data from one table in database a into a different table in database b. The catch is that the fields in the tables don't match exactly. How can I do this? Examples, tutorials, etc are greatly appreciated.Thanks!Graphfixz Data & Web Designhttp://www.graphfixz.com All you need is INSERT INTO with column list that will give you control of how you the the insert into the new database, the other option was to use DTS.  Try the link below for the INSERT INTO statement.  Hope this helps.http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/def...

how to create link between two tables in sql server database
haiiplease tell how i can create link between two table suppose:-i have one table named Contid and another table Contname ,in Contid it has only one field id and in Contname it has two fields id and namenow what i want to do is when i fetch id from table Contid its corressponding name should be fetched from table Contname, how i can do this please help  hi , write a sql command for this like below, select Contid .id,Contname.name from Contid  inner join Contname on Contid .id=Contname.id After executing this query, you will get what you are looking forJoydeep SenDotnet Develop...

Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database.
I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine. Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the remote machine with the updated table? Try it, that is the best way to check ...

Error 7405 accessing SQL Server database by database link
I'm persistently getting the above error when executing a stored procedure that uses a dabase link to another SQL Server database. I can run the procedure in MS SQL Server management studio fine. I'm setting ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS ON before creating the procedure. Procedure code: SET ANSI_NULLS ON SET ANSI_WARNINGS ON GO SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GO ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[SSP_WAR_RPT_MANUAL_RECLAIM] @adt_sbi_from datetime, @adt_sbi_to datetime, @as_vendor varchar(15) output, @as_campaigns Char(1) AS BEGIN SET ANSI_NULLS O...

How to enabel sql server notification on database as well as table using sql server 2005

SQL Server Database File vs SQL Server Database -VWD Express
VWD Express 2008, SQL Server Express 2005. I have been using SQL Server Express with ASP and VB for some years - I just create a DB in Management Studio Express, have SQL Server set to 'SQL Server and Windows authentication', and use a connection string with 'sa' and a password (I never have managed to get it working with 'integrated security', but that is probably irrelevant to this post). So I have a list of DB's attached to SQL Server that I can see, attach, detach etc in MSE. I am getting started with .NET. Working through a VWD Express book tutori...

Web resources about - Link FoxPro Database table to SQL Server Database table - asp.net.other-databases

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.