How make a query in terms of File Index value in Index Server ?

I'm writing a Search Query in Index Server SQL language.
but not able to get the index value of any document in the Index
Server. As this code

           strQuery = "Select Filename,PATH from Scope() where
FREETEXT('" +strsearchstrings+ "')";
            string connstring = "Provider=MSIDXS.1;Integrated Security
.='';Data Source="+strCatalog;

as shown in the example above i want make a query in in terms of Index
of the doc file stored in the Index Server.Is it possible? I tried but
its not working out I dont know where the problem is. Can anyone help
me in this please
           strQuery = "Select FileIndex,Filename,PATH from Scope()
where FileIndex='" +intdatagriddatakeys+ "'";

Thanks in Advance

Savvy
0
savvy
1/16/2006 9:51:04 AM
asp.net.other-databases 819 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can anyone help me out in the above problem please. I been stuck since a long while on this . I am displaying the search results thro a Datagrid but i want to download the documents when i click them for which I definately need a index value, so that we can figure out which one is clicked. Thats why i have written this query which is not working. Can anyone guide me out in this please?

 strQuery = "Select FileIndex,Filename,PATH from Scope()
where FileIndex='" +intdatagriddatakeys+ "'";
********************

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection conn = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(connstring);

conn.Open();

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand objcmd = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand(strQuery, conn);

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader objRdr;

objRdr = objcmd.ExecuteReader();

dgcvdocs.DataSource=objRdr;

dgcvdocs.DataBind();

objRdr.Close();

conn.Close();

**********************

Savvy
0
savvy

To Index or Not To Index or How To Index
Hello, I was wondering if someone knows a better way to explain how different indexes work. Such as, is it better to have an index with int type or char or varchar etc? Is it better to have composite indexes or indexes with individual columns? How does optimizer handle different indexes and what can we do help it? Indexes are very efficient most of the time but they can be quite detrimental to server's performance, if abused. Perhaps you know of a good article about indexing that you could share with us. Or, perhaps Mr. Rob Verschoor would like to issue an article in his very usefu...

index server not indexing
Ok, so I want to add a catalog to the index server. I can add the new catalog, I then add a directory to this catalog. I restart the index server, and merge the index. If I click the index server, in mmc, it shows 0 documents for everything. Everything meaning documents to index, total docs, docs defered for indexing and so on.  I've tried this on vista as well as on win2003 and the same result is obtained, no documents are indexed. In win2003 I can index document, but ONLY the ones in the default catalog, if I paste some documents there they get indexed. So, what have I don...

PLEASE HELP! w/Index Server, Indexing service query
Hello, I have set up indexing service via Index Server on my local machine. I have successfully created the catalog, set up the document directory and indexed the documents within my directory. I am having problems with the query not returning the document properties that I would like to see (such as DocTitle, DocAuthor, etc.) Everything works fine, except for the fact that the result set is not returning the data fields that I need. The search works great (as far as I can tell). I also installed the adobe ifilter so that index server can also search pdf files and that seems to w...

Crawler Index and FIle Index
I have setup the Apache web services as well as Quickfinder for my Netware 6.5 server. The Crawler works fine, finds all the hits I am looking for and opens the file on my data volume. However, when I setup a File System Index it does not open anything. I have double checked my paths and syntex. The thing that I have noticed is that when I search for a file with the Crawler index and highlight the file, the path at the bottom of my browser is like the following example. http://myserver/comp/docs/myfile. showing the server name not an IP address, which is fine and works! Howev...

Need help running query on Indexing Server in VB.NET with VS2005
In a web project I am trying to run a simple query on a catalog off of our Microsoft Indexing server.  I'm having a couple of problems.  #1 - The tutorials keep refering to a view inside the catalog, but my server admin doesn't know what that means.  How do we find the view name? #2 - The line: Return oCommand.ExecuteReader() returns this error;Incorrect syntax near '-1.'.  Expected end-of-file, ';', AS, CREATE, DOT, DOTDOT, DOTDOT_SCOPE, DOTDOTDOT, DOTDOTDOT_SCOPE, DROP, ORDER_BY, SELECT, SET, WHERE. SQLSTATE=42000The query being executed is:  SELECT ...

Indexing server and hiding content when indexing?
Hi everyone, I'm now struggeling a bit to long with this problem and I really hope that somebody can help me. When indexing server indexes pages it reads from the top, which means that the only thing that shows in the search result is the navigation rather then the unique content of the page. I know that by adding meta description to the pages that indexing server will show this description in the result. However this will not solve the problem with all the pages I now need to index. Most search engines I know works with <noindex>-tags. Something like that ...

indexing server query
I would like to group by with an indexing service query.  I keep getting syntax errors. I need to group on the Year(write) and Month(write).  I understand the date format of the write field is different so how can i convert the write format to a format the Year() function can process and can I do this anyway? string mysearch = "select Year(write) as Yr, Month(write) as Mth, filename, Directory, HitCount from SCOPE('\"" + mypath + "\"')  GROUP BY Yr, Mth "; regardsMiltonregardsMilton You have to group by all of the fields in the select ...

Index server, indexing but not returning results (vista)
I've indexed some documents in index server. I specify the catalog and folder in my query, see below. My problem is that the query never returns any result. I've indexed a lot of different folder och even indexed c in my despair:.On a total I have 85289 docs indexed if I look in the Mmc, but can't get one single document returned. One funny thing is that I can't set the index to inherit the settings from the webserver, if I choose properties. I can select it and save it, but when I go back, everything is set as before. I'm guessing this has something to do with...

Rtti -index value on indexed (not published) property
Hi, How can I find the index value of an indexed property ? TClass1 = class .... public property ColorPart[X,Y: integer index 2 read ... write ...; .... end; Until now, I have not found. Thanks , Eddy Eddy wrote: > How can I find the index value of an indexed property ? Unfortunately, you cannot. The value of the 'index' clause is not exposed by Delphi's RTTI. That is a long-standing known limitation that has not be addressed yet. That also means that when using RTTI to read/write an indexed property value, you must manually provide t...

Clustered Index on Indexed View from ADO.NET
I have a clustered index on an indexed view in sql server 2000. When I do a simple select in query anaylser from this view I can see from the execution plan in profiler that the clustered index was used to return the data, hence improving performance of the underlying select(this is why I am using the indexed view). However, if I run the query from an asp.net page using the sql provider I can see the call in profiler but the clustered index is not used, hence reducing the performance of the call considerably.If anyone has experienced this please let me know.Cheers Niall Views are...

Problem with Index Server Query
Hi All, I have a problem regarding Index Server. I want to search a Web site with Meta Tag information. The following query searches the entire document and displays the result : [b]"select doctitle, filename, vpath, rank, characterization from scope() where FREETEXT(Contents, '"+txtSearch.Text +"') and filename <> 'search.aspx' order by rank desc "[/b], where txtSearch is a Server Control Text Box. But I want the search to be specific to Meta Tags only. Can anybody help me out. Thanks & Regards, Murthy. I'm not terribly familiar with Ind...

Index Server locking files
I am having the problem of my web app not starting because a file is getting locked by the Index Server.  My problem is just like what is described here. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329065 And, just like the problem report, the DLL getting locked is in the Temporary ASP.NET Files. However, that directory is not specified in the System catalog list of directories.  So why is it getting indexed in the first place? Thanks.Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008http://www.linqdev.comhttp://www.netsplore.com Is the directory specificall...

Index Server Advance Query
Where in asp.net and index server can I have results of searchs of 2 words.. like "air combat" and not get back "repair" results.. I know if you go to the Index Query form and opt for Advance search I get my single result... but how do you turn that on in asp.net or is that a flag I need to turn on in code? thanks mike  Hello,I can't understand what you describe clearly .So Can you describe it in detail? Thanks! ...

Index files on another server
Hi all, I see some others have asked this but didn't get a full answer. I have just installed a new NW6 SP2 server with Web search Server on it. The idea is we will use this one server to Index our other 3 NW5.1 servers that do not have Web Search server installed. I can not get this to work, I have tried all possible UNC combinations to point at the other servers but the only thing I can index is the server that hosts Web search. The documentation hints that it can search other servers but gives no detailed info about how to set this up. Cheers David. ...

Web resources about - How make a query in terms of File Index value in Index Server ? - asp.net.other-databases

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
Windows Server 2016, not likely to arrive until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating ...

Intel Rising: Server Stronger Than Ever, Says JMP; Here Comes Apple?
... stock to Market Outperform from Market Perform, assigning a $45 price target, righting that the company will strengthen its hold on its server ...

Server shipments, vendor revenue go up in Q3 2015
In the third quarter of 2015, worldwide server shipments grew 9.2 percent from the third quarter of 2014, while vendor revenue increased 7.5 ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

PR Guru Working For Clinton Server IT Firm Donated To Hillary’s Campaign
PR Guru Working For Clinton Server IT Firm Donated To Hillary’s Campaign

Quanta, Wiwynn see more orders from server clients for 2016
Quanta Computer and Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, are expected to land more cloud server orders from their clients in 2016 as Internet ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

Hyper-V, PowerShell Top IT Pros' Windows Server 2016 Wish List
Container support is nice, but most IT pros are looking forward to Hyper-V virtualization updates and new PowerShell capabilities.

Many Android apps talk to private servers — and it’s often not clear why
A new report finds that a significant percentage of Android applications engage in covert communication but it's not always clear who they are ...