Trying to get odp.net to work

Hi,

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and trying to get odp.net to work with it (I'm using Oracle 10g)

 When I create a new connection, I could choose from the following (I omitted the obvious choices that I won't select like SQL server, access, etc.)

Oracle Database

<other>

Which should I select?

Then what should I select in the "Data Provider" drop down?

There are not any odp.net selections.

 What can I have wrong.

I have added Oracle.DataAccess as a reference for my project but am not sure how to verify it.

Thanks for any help

Carl

0
carlg

You can verify whether the DLL is referenced using

View-----------------> Object Explorer.

In the list you can verify all the referenced libraries

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
12/31/2008 3:52:20 PM

 It is there, thanks for the reply!

But Oracle ODP is not in my selection list when I use the sqldatasource control.

Maybe I need to set up the connection manually?

0
carlg
12/31/2008 4:54:28 PM

Yes you will have to do it from code using Oracle DataProviders

Samples and Documentation available here

http://www.oracle.com/technology/docs/tech/windows/odpnet/index.html

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan