ODP.NET:Windows Authentication is not working. Pls help.

I am working on VS.NET 2003 envt on a web application in C#.NET and trying to connect to Oracle 9i database. Because this appln is to be used in an intranet, hence OS authentication is to be used. The following connection string works fine for me and connects properly to the database;

OracleConnection con =
new OracleConnection();
con.ConnectionString = "User Id=temp_userID;Password=temp_pwd;Data Source = oracle_serverName;";
con.Open();

where 'user id' and 'password' are present in the 'sys_userinfo' table.

Now when I connect to the oracle server thru SQL* PLUS, giving just "/" as the user-id (to indicate Windows authentication is to be considered) and appropriate server name, it properly connects to the database.

Finally now I need to connect to the oracle server in following manner:

OracleConnection con = new OracleConnection();
con.ConnectionString = "User Id=/;Data Source=oracle;";
con.Open();

Here it gives error saying "null password given, logon denied". I searched all over on Google here and there, tried all 3 data providers (ODP.NET, OleDb and ODBC), all the data providers connect to the database when the user-id and pwd is given, but none of them work for "user id=/", that is for OS authentication. I verified IIS config as well and it does has 'Integrated Windows Authentication' check box properly checked too.

Nothing fancy, its simple attempt to connect to Oracle database thru Windows authentication, pls help! pls help!pls help!
0
nilu

Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net
Help me pls. i wan't code for startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net or c#.net In Windows, it would be easier to interact with Oracle by way of the service...  (I've not tried it myself, but this should work fine for a service installed on the same machine as the .net application:using System.ServiceProcess; ServiceController controller = new ServiceController(); controller.MachineName = "."; controller.ServiceName = "OracleServiceORCL"; string status = controller.Status.ToString(); // Stop the service controller.Stop(); // Start the ...

Type.GetType does not work in VB.NET but works in C#. VB.NET gurus Please help
Friends,   I am an experienced C# programmer who is working on a VB.NET project now. I am writing different methods covering the following functionalities 1) Take a datareader as input and return an arraylist of class object2) Take an xmlnode (received from a webservice) as input and return an arraylist of class object. The methods are generic methods which take datareader/xmlnode as first parameter and classname (string) as the second parameter. This way it will work trivially. The schema of class object matches with the input (datareader or xmlnode)In C# I used to do th...

Installing ODP.net Docs into .Net Framework Help
Does anyone know how to go about installing the ODP.Net Help files into the .Net Framework help system? I know it just works with Visual studio. It seems i may need to generate a HxI file for the system. I have no idea how to go about this....

Problem with Oracle Stored Procedures using ODP.NET in VB.NET (VS 2003)
This is the stored procedure,Procedure RetrieveReservations(pProperty In Varchar2,pResHeaderId In Varchar2,pEmail In Varchar2,pPasswd In Varchar2,ResultSet In Out ResCursor);This is the old .asp code (part of it)objConn.ConnectionString = Application("BackEndConnection_ConnectionString")objConn.Open objComm.ActiveConnection = objConn objComm.CommandText = "internet_package.RetrieveReservations"objComm.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.CreateParameter("pProperty", adVarChar , adParamInput, 8, Request.QueryString("propid"))objComm.Parameters.Append objComm.Crea...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Help Me C# is working But VB.net Not working
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. Pls, Help me, It is simple chat programe. My <IFRAME> src is calling the bellow event in C# it is working perfectly. private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { string sDealer=""; string sWrite=""; if ( Session["Channel"] != null ) sDealer = Session["Channel"].ToString(); Response.Write( "<meta http-equiv=\"Refresh\"content=\"4\">" ); sWrite=MyModule.MyChat.GetAl...

HELP PLS! Update Panel with urlrewriter.net doesn't work!!
i have been searched on the net about 2 days. i couldn't figure it out how to make update panel works with urlrewriter.net.i placed two buttons in update panel with  multiview control.what i am doing is when people click different button will active different view in that control.I am using urlrewriter on that page like below: <rewrite url="~/Listing/(.+)/(.+).html" to="~/Listing/Details.aspx?pID=$2&amp;ListingType=$1" /> when page load the first click is working good, but the second click on button will go to the original url. the f...

Oracle ODP.net mulitple Oracle Client
To connect to the oracle database using ODP.net, the applicate must add the dll file called Oracle.DataAccess. There are a lot of version of Oracle.DataAccess. As I know, if the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2. If the client use Oracle Client 10g Release 2, the application also have to use the Oracle.DataAccess the come from Oracle Client 10g Release 2.  My question is that there are any method to add more than one Oracle.DataAccess version in my product to support multiple OracleClient.   That should automatically happen for the most part.  Oracle's ODP.NET i...

ODP.NET
I installed ODP.NEt 2.0 on top of my Oracle client 10g. I am developing a Data Access component. I am having the below problem.  I created the Data Layer class. The constructor of the data layer class initiates a new Oracle Connection.  then I assign the Oracle Transaction obbject to the open connection. In my web page, I instantiate the DataLayer class and then call BeginTransaction method.  At this point, my connection object is null.  What am I missing?  I am getting Externalcontext connection error and Internalcontext error with the error message "Specified slot...

Help me pls. i wan't code startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net.
Help me pls. i wan't code startup and shutdown oracle database with vb.net.  In Windows, it would be easier to interact with Oracle by way of the service...  (I've not tried it myself, but this should work fine for a service installed on the same machine as the .net application:using System.ServiceProcess;ServiceController controller = new ServiceController();controller.MachineName = ".";controller.ServiceName = "OracleServiceORCL";string status = controller.Status.ToString();// Stop the servicecontroller.Stop();// Start the servicecontroller.Start...

DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET
It is possible to use DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET? When I create a Smart Device Application project for Visual C#, I can't see the Datawindow .NET controls (DW control, Datastore,...). ...

.NET Developers turn to ODP.NET
Microsoft announced its deprecation of System.Data.OracleClient, also known as Microsoft OracleClient. Microsoft OracleClient developers are now looking to migrate their existing .NET data access code to ODP.NET, not only for Oracle's long term ODP.NET support, but also for the ODP.NET's unique performance and feature benefits. Visit the ODP.NET page for Microsoft OracleClient Developers to learn about ODP.NET's advantages and how to migrate from Microsoft OracleClient rotfl! 'ODP.NET for Microsoft OracleClient Developers' (http://tinyurl.com/nqrt5n) -- t...

Web resources about - ODP.NET:Windows Authentication is not working. Pls help. - asp.net.oracle

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Two-factor authentication: double or nothing
An extra layer of security keeps hackers at bay.