Procedure or Function 'UpdateContactInfoProc' expects parameter '@SUBURB', which was not supplied.

I tried to use this update stored procedure from a objectdatasource which calls the method "UpdateCompanyInfo", however, once I leave an item to be empty I got the error as title.

My stored procedure:

ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.UpdateContactInfoProc
@Contact_ID int,
@Contact_Type_ID int,
@Name nvarchar(100),
@TEL nvarchar(50),
@EMAIL nvarchar(50),
@ADDRESS nvarchar(200),
@SUBURB nvarchar(50),
@FAX nvarchar(50),
@STATE nvarchar(50),
@POSTCODE nvarchar(50),
@COUNTRY nvarchar(50),
@Description text

AS
Update Contact
set Contact_Type_ID = @Contact_Type_ID, [Name] = @Name, TEL = @TEL, EMAIL = @EMAIL, ADDRESS=@ADDRESS, SUBURB= @SUBURB,
FAX = @FAX, STATE = @STATE, POSTCODE=@POSTCODE, COUNTRY=@COUNTRY,Description=@Description
where Contact_ID = @Contact_ID
    /* SET NOCOUNT ON */
    RETURN

My code:

 public void UpdateCompanyInfo(Company company)
        {
            try
            {

                Connection.connect();

                SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("dbo.UpdateCompanyInfo", Connection.conn);

                cmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Company_ID", company.CompanyID));
                cmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Company_Name", company.Company_Name));
                cmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Contact_ID", company.ContactID));
                cmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Office_Hour_Number_1", company.OfficePhone1));
                cmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Office_Hour_Number_2", company.OfficePhone2));
                cmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@FAX", company.Fax));
                cmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Mobile_Number", company.Mobile));
                cmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@ABN", company.ABN));
                cmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Description", company.Description));

                cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();

            }

            catch (Exception)
            {
                throw;
            }
        }

I have set this items to be "Allow NUll" in Sql server.

Can anybody tell me how can I avoid  this error?

Cheers,

Elton

0
EltonSky

You should be able to give your parameter a default value such as: @SUBURB nvarchar(50) = null, and it will not require a value to be passed in.  This will cause the database to update the field with null. If this isn't the result you want but what you want is to maintain the current value of the field then change your update statement to say SET SUBURB = COALESCE(@SUBURB,SUBURB) and the current value will remain in the field.

Jimmy Trio
JimmyTrio.com
Try the Wickedater DAL Generator
0
JimmyTrio

''''''''''''''''''''

Procedure or Function 'retrieve_product' expects parameter '@productPrice', which was not supplied.
Hi i am getting this error whenever i try to execute a stored procedure, below is my stored procedure;  ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[retrieve_product] -- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here @productPrice decimal (10,2), @productInfoURL varchar (255), @categoryName varchar (255),@companyName varchar (255), @subCategoryName varchar (255), @companyWebsiteURL varchar (255) AS BEGIN -- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from -- interfering with SELECT statements. SET NOCOUNT ON; -- Insert statements for procedure here SELECT Categories.categoryName, SubC...

Procedure or Function 'SubscribeToNewsletters' expects parameter '@emailAddress', which was not supplied.
Hi i have been trying to insert some values selected in a checkbox list into the database, however it is giving me the following error "Procedure or Function 'SubscribeToNewsletters' expects parameter '@emailAddress', which was not supplied. "public void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) -- on page load the checkbox list is populated through stored procedure (stream_NewsletterTypes) { try {SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["streamConnectionString"].ConnectionString); SqlCommand command = new SqlCommand(...

Procedure or function 'selectFromView' expects parameter '@Year', which was not supplied. ???
 hay all, i'm trying to pass parameters to a stored procedure ..and i keep getting this error "Procedure or function 'selectFromView' expects parameter '@Year', which was not supplied." this is the procedure implementation : ALTER PROCEDURE dbo.selectFromView @Year as varchar(10), @Country as varchar(10), @Family as varchar(10), @Manu as varchar(10), @Status as varchar(10), @Type as varchar(10), @Operator as varchar(10) AS SELECT * FROM ViewofAll WHERE ProductionYear = @Year...

Procedure or Function 'syl_EmailQueueInsert' expects parameter '@EmailCC', which was not supplied.
We have a email table in the database (SQL Server 2005). When we try to execute the Insert Stored Proc in the database to add a record and leave the EmailCC and EmailBCC fields blank we are getting the following error: Msg 201, Level 16, State 4, Procedure syl_EmailQueueInsert, Line 0Procedure or Function 'syl_EmailQueueInsert' expects parameter '@EmailCC', which was not supplied. The EmailCC and EmailBCC are set to allow nulls. Shouldn’t the system automatically insert nulls into those colums if no value is supplied??? What am I doing wrong? Newbie I a...

'''''

Procedure 'sp03_Delete_Usuario' expects parameter '@AN001_CDUSUARIO', which was not supplied.
I´m having problem to delete/update using stored procedure with gridview. Actually I made an update and delete work but just by itself not togheter. I made update ONLY works If I dont pass any fields from gridview to datakeynames and the delete show the following error: Procedure 'sp03_Delete_Usuario' expects parameter '@AN001_CDUSUARIO', which was not supplied. But the delete ONLY works if I pass all the fields form gridview to datakeynames. So the update stops to work. The code is:<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeF...

Procedure 'sp_GetEEByDept' expects parameter '@tkdept', which was not supplied.
I have a basic vb.net form with a few text fields and dropdown boxes.  In one of the dropdown boxes, I ask the user to select a department.  After the user selects the department, I want to fill another dropdown box with employees that belong to the selected dept.  I keep getting an error for my procedure that is to get the employees, because I can't figure out how to pass in the department selected in the first drop down box.  ARGH... Also, do I need to set the employee dropdown box visible to false until the first dropdown selection is made, otherwise, it'd be b...

Procedure 'JaiDeleteUser' expects parameter '@user_name', which was not supplied

Procedure 'x' expects parameter '@y' which was not supplied.
I'm trying to update a member's record via stored procedure. The procedure is thus: ********************************* CREATE PROCEDURE upd_MemberProfile( @MemberID VarChar(10), @FirstName VarChar(20), @LastName VarChar(20), @Address VarChar(50), @City VarChar(40), @StateID Char(2), @ZipCode Char(5), @Email VarChar(30), @PayPalSubscrID VarChar(22) ) AS UPDATE Members SET FirstName = @FirstName, LastName = @LastName, Address = @Address, City = @City, StateID = @StateID, ZipCode = @ZipCode, Email = @Email, PayPalSubscrID = @PayPalSubscrID WHERE Me...

Procedure 'Create_User' expects parameter '@Password', which was not supplied.
Hi AllGetting Procedure 'Create_User' expects parameter '@Password', which was not supplied errorI can't register new user in role based system app, the following code is from register.aspx: private void Submit_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { User user; if (Context.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated) user = new User(((SiteIdentity)User.Identity).UserID); else user = new User(); user.FullName = FullName.Text; user.Email = Email.Text; user.Password = Password.Text; user.Biography = Biography.Text; if (Context.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated) { user.Update(); Response.Redirec...

Procedure 'CRMC_ProductDetails' expects parameter '@Color', which was not supplied
I keep getting this error when I browse the productsdetail.aspx page... I am using the C# SDK version of the Commerce kit... I have added a new col in th eDB called "Color", and *thought* that I had fixed the strored proc, and the product.cs file... I can get the color from the db to display on the productslist.aspx page fine... Any ideas? Did you modify the ProductDetails GetProductDetails function in productsdb.cs?...

Error--Procedure 'SP_Insert_NewPipeLine' expects parameter '@CompanyId', which was not supplied.
Can any body help me in solving this problem. First I use to get Error which reads "Object Must Implement Iconvertible" After using the overloaded Sp.paramerers.add() function It started giving this problem. I am giving the sample code. ConObject = new SqlConnection(ConString); ConObject.Open(); string SpString ="dbo.SP_Insert_NewPipeLine"; SqlCommand CmdObject = new SqlCommand(SpString,ConObject); CmdObject.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; CmdObject.Parameters.Add("@RequestTypeId",SqlDbType.Int,4,"0"); //CmdObject.Parameters["@RequestTypeId"].Value= 0; CmdObject.Parame...

SQL_Error Procedure 'DelectHostName' expects parameter '@Host', which was not supplied.
How do I supply the parameter @Host?  Below is the part of my code that has the call to the stored procedure  public void DeleteHostName() { // start of the method using (SqlConnection cn = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["ConnectionString"]))            {                 cn.Open();                SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("hnDeleteHost&...

Web resources about - Procedure or Function 'UpdateContactInfoProc' expects parameter '@SUBURB', which was not supplied. - asp.net.object-datasource