populating web form objects when using Visual Studio.NET

What is the best way of creating datasets for asp.net pages and populating web form objects. I have always created datasets within a sub routine and then populated my web form controls from that dataset. I was given some code that the pages were created in visual studio. I know the page gets its data from a stored procedure. What I can't find is code that calls that stored procedure and also populates the web form objects. Most of my asp.net development has been done on the asp.net page and not in Visual Studio. So if someone could tell me what to look for that would be great.
0
Collegesprtsfan

Well, the adapter and dataset could be in the page designer; VS allows RAD database development by specifying an adapter/dataset right in the page designer, and bind all of the objects that way.  Or, a business component could have been used that calls a data component, which returns an object to bind to.  Could you post code?  I could tell you more that way.
Brian

"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4).
0
bmains

Web resources about - populating web form objects when using Visual Studio.NET - asp.net.object-datasource

Koalas over-populating Great Ocean Road 'fell out of trees due to starvation'
A koala expert says the culling of more than 700 koalas was necessary because they were "falling out of the trees due to starvation".

Apple begins populating international iBookstores - iLounge News
According to a report from Italian language iPadevice (Translated Link), Apple has begun populating the iBookstores of Australia, Canada, France, ...

Disney is populating their theme parks with robots that can THROW THINGS AT YOU
Disney is hard at work bringing about the Robopocalypse. Behold the throwing bots, the brand-new batch of robots Disney can't wait to unleash ...

Cavuto on Bartiromo at FBN: ‘We’re Populating it with Italians’
Neil Cavuto went on Brian Kilmeade ‘s Fox News Radio show today to talk about the addition of Maria Bartiromo to the FBN line-up. “We’re populating ...

Starbucks Plans to Begin Populating India at Last
Starbucks, the popular American coffee retailer, plans to open its first store in India in September through a joint venture with Tata Global ...

American cougars are re-populating their historical range
American mountain lions, or cougars, are re-emerging in areas of the United States, reversing 100 years of decline. The evidence, [...

Cougars are re-populating their historical range, new study confirms
American mountain lions, or cougars, are re-emerging in areas of the United States, reversing 100 years of decline. The evidence raises new conservation ...

Populating DeLong: Long Form
I have now populated [DeLong: Long Form](http://delong.typepad.com/delong_long_form/) from the present back through the start of 2012for those ...

Cougars are re-populating their historical range, new study confirms
American mountain lions, or cougars, are re-emerging in areas of the United States, reversing 100 years of decline. The evidence, published in ...

Seattle’s unlikely hero? How RealNetworks sparked the region’s startup community
... such as Amazon.com and Microsoft. But the DNA of another company has had a surprising impact on the Seattle startup ecosystem, populating dozens ...