Listing Table Names

Hi, what is the simlpest way to list all the table names in one particular database?
0
stevendavies

What particular Database?  There are different approaches for different dbs
0
ehorn
12/7/2004 12:22:03 PM
sorry, an Access Database
0
stevendavies
12/7/2004 12:24:51 PM
Have a look at GetOleDbSchemaTable :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;309681
0
ehorn
12/7/2004 12:57:35 PM
Here's a shorter page, using that same method to actually use an MS Access database, and add the table names to a listbox (the MS example used OleDb - but also used sql server in its examples):

http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/aspnet/codesample.aspx?code=AccessTables
David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
augustwind
12/7/2004 6:17:51 PM
>>Here's a shorter page, ... (the MS example used OleDb - but also used sql server in its examples.

In case you stumble over those confusing connection strings :)
BTW: Nice sight augustwind
0
ehorn

Invalid Object Name (Table name)
good morning all, I am facing very strange problem.  I have a stored procedure as mentioned below.ALTER proc [dbo].[AspireMasalaTea_Garment_TopBottom_selectbyspecificvalue] @value nvarchar(50), @gender nvarchar(50) as select GarmentID,GarmentName,GarmentItemNo,GarmentQuantity,GarmentPicture from AspireMasalaTea_Garments where TopBottom=@value and Gender=@gender When i try to execute this sp with two parameters it gives error. exec [AspireMasalaTea_Garment_TopBottom_selectbyspecificvalue] 'top','women' Invalid object name 'AspireMasalaTea_Garments'. Gar...

Collection object help in VB.net for getting Label names from Table
I am using the collection object to get all the label names from the table. My table has 5 rows means i can use the names for 5 labels on form: *****Sample Table for the example*** with table fields above and five rows in table: ID - Lbl_name - Lbl_id 1 - first - L001 2 - Second - L002 3 - Three - L003 4 - Four - L004 5 - Five - L005 In vb6.0 i used the following: L001.Text = l_col("L001") Here It is working with this: L001.Text = l_col(1) L001 is the label name on my form and also L001 is the labelid in tabl...

How to move a row in a data table object to the top of the table? The data table is in a data set. The data is bound to a drop down list box.
I am maintaining some 2003 C#/asp.net code for a web application. In the application a table in a data set is usedto populate a drop down list box.(The drop down list box will display a list of names) Before the data set table is bound to the list box control, blank characters are inserted at the topof the data set table. The purpose of this, is to display a blank line in the drop down list box, when the list box isinitially displayed. This code works fine. (See lines 1-14 below). Now I have been asked to modify the source code so that instead of a blank line being inserted at to top of th...

How to list all sqlserver names and database names in my network using C#.net
 Hai In my network I have 4 computers with sqlserver2000 installed, using C# code how can I list all the sqlservers in my network in a combobox and while selecting a server name how can I list all the databases in another comboboxThanks in advance Regards Anu Palavila http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/LocatingSql.aspxhttp://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/locate_sql_servers.aspx Hope this helps.   Have a look at this:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/combobox/sqlexpresscombo.aspx for the list of servers, once a server has been selected you need ...

New table in Interbase not listed in Delphi XE2 for table name [Edit]
I created a new Interbase table in IBConsole and entered some data. When I go into Delphi and use a TSQLTABLE and try to enter the table name, the new table does not appear though the other tables do. I thought it might be related to permissions, but the properties of the new table sow permissions are there for SYSDBA, the same as the other tables, and sysdba is the user I connect to Interbase from Delphi as. I also have permissions set for PUBLIC. Also in IBCONSOLE when I click on the Server menu, the submenu included "user security" but it is grayed out, so I do not know ho...

Getting the name of the object (the name of the object in the library)
Is there a way to get the name of an object as named in the library? I have a user object named ucb_user_object.. I put it in a window and I named it cb_1 The ClassName() function will return cb_1 but I want the function to return "ucb_user_object". Any of you have an idea ? Have a look at ClassDefinition, and following the ParentClass attribute up the chain. Extend this enough, and you can identify all descendants of ucb_user_object (I'm guessing that may be your objective). PFC implements something like this in (pfcapsrv.pbl)pfc_n_cst_metacl...

ASA 10 , need list of all primary key column name with table name
ASA 10 , need list of all primary key column name with table name Can any one tell me how to write SQL for that Table list I can get with select name from sysobjects where type = 'U' and user_name(uid) = 'dba'; but i need primary column key list associate with the table Do you want one row per primary key column, or one row per primary key with the column names in a string like 'col1, col2, col3'?, or what? Please show us an example of *exactly* what the output should look like. FWIW the LIST() aggregate function is very v...

How hide table name from table list shown in the default page (DD Menu)
 The default front page of a DD shows all the table whose attribute is [ScaffoldTable(true)]  i have create master detail pages so i don't want the detail name to be displayed if i do  [ScaffoldTable(false)]  then its works but in the master detail page the detail grid view edit is disabled  is thier a way by which i can hide the table name from been displayed Thanks Vista HomePrem - VS2008 SP1 - .Net 3.5 SP1 - DD 3.5 -  L2S  - SQL Server 2008 Developer   You want to hide the table link from default.aspx and show the table link in your Maste...

C# method using ado.net to create an html table with just the db table name

table = table object
hi, how to copy the all rows of a table to temporary table using javascript i have tried like this but it's not working ex:document.getelementbyId('tmpTable')=document.getelementbyId('baseTable'); is there any way to do this..?? thanks... icanmakeiteasy put both tables in 2 divs and do div1.innerHTML = div2.innerHTML;MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets i have tried that tooo... not workingicanmakeiteasy you are doing right. just change thisvar tempTable ;tempTable=document.gete...

DropDown List: Want to concatenate two fields so it displays "Last Name, First Name" in the ddl text to the user. Sproc for datasource
  I know I can do this if I use a LINQ data source access the tables directly with a LINQ  query, and I know I could modify my stored procedure to return a Last_FirstName field that would already have the name formatted as “Last, First” but I want to know if I can make the drop down list itself deal with this?  I have a sproc that returns EmployeeID, FirstNm, LastNm.  I want the drop down list to display “LastNm, FirstNm” and of course use the EmployeeID as DataValueField. Is there any way I can concatenate the Last and First together with VB.NET when the sproc ret...

DBUNLOAD and table-name-list
Hello, What is the correct syntax for DBUNLOAD and a table-name-list? The following statement works (ie. "Sites" table is not unloaded): DBUNLOAD -e -c "ENG=BBSAMPLE;DBN=BBSAMPLE;UID=DBA;PWD=SQL" D:\BUGBASE\DB\MY_DBS\UNLOAD "Sites" But, this statement does not work (ie. tables in list are unloaded): DBUNLOAD -e -c "ENG=BBSAMPLE;DBN=BBSAMPLE;UID=DBA;PWD=SQL" D:\BUGBASE\DB\MY_DBS\UNLOAD ("Sites","Names","Bugs") Thanks, Tim Hong Archimedes Software, Inc. (425) 827-5708 thong@compuserve.com Use the following...

How do I get a list of table names?
We are moing an app from asp to .net The asp version filled a dropdownlist with table names that it got from the server using the code below but I can figure out how to write this in asp.net (or even how to begin) Thanks in advance. ' Open the database schema to query the list of tables. Set oRSTables = objConn.OpenSchema (adSchemaTables) Do While Not oRSTables.EOF if oRSTables ("TABLE_TYPE") = "TABLE" then vTableName = oRSTables ("TABLE_NAME") end if oRSTables.MoveNext Loop Check if Link helpsSushila Bo...

Address book name listing is listed as (lastname,first name)
Hello, I'm trying to help one of our GW 7.0.1.364 client users. In her address book under the name column the name of all of the contacts show as this. Name lastname,firstname darnier,bill maulolo,chad etc... How do I get it so that in the Name column it shows the names with the (first name lastname format) all in the same "name" column? All of the rest of us have this format, and I'm not sure how the user changed this in her address book. Thanks for any help. On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:37:48 +0000, chadm wrote: > How do I get it so that in the Name...

Web resources about - Listing Table Names - asp.net.object-datasource

Listing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Badgerys Creek flight paths over Blue Mountains pose 'threat to world-heritage listing'
Blue Mountain residents are fearful their region's world heritage listing is under threat from the Badgerys Creek airport.

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

Samsung Galaxy A5 design and specs revealed in TENAA listing
Rumors about Samsung's next mid-range metal smartphone have been circling the web for a few months now. While most has been speculation and sketchy ...

Apple releases iTunes 12.3.2 with changes to Classical listings in Apple Music
... Apps , iTunes , and Mac continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple releases iTunes 12.3.2 with changes to Classical listings ...

Atlassian guns for $US3.6 billion valuation in US listing
... of about $US3.6 billion when its shares begin trading on the Nasdaq market in the US. Software maker Atlassian has filed an updated share listing ...

What’s on TV tonight? Fan TV now shows you the listings
... for finding movies and shows from Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, and more, received a nice update today, Dec. 15. The app now provides television listings ...

Yelp Drops 7%: Roth Says Sell on Facebook Services Listings
Shares of local listings and reviews site Yelp ( YELP ) are down $2.19, over 7%, or $27.39, after Facebook ( FB ) went live with professional ...

N.Y. attorney general probes Springsteen ticket listings
Tickets for Bruce Springsteen's tour aren't on sale yet, but seats have already been listed for up to $5,000 or more on resale sites

CDH, Tencent-Backed eJiaJie Applies For Listing On China's NEEQ
China Money Network CDH, Tencent-Backed eJiaJie Applies For Listing On China's NEEQ China Money Network Beijing-based home cleaning service ...