Installing SQL Server 2005 & SQL Server 2000 on the same machine?

Hi All,

I've installed SQL Server 2000 on my development machine, but would like to install SQL Server 2005 on the same machine without upgrading. Is it possible? I need to keep SQL Server 2000 for my existing production databases. Any one know the solutions? or any article?

bosox04
2/23/2006 8:16:36 PM
📁 asp.net.object-datasource
📃 16182 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 950 Views

bosox04 wrote:
I've installed SQL Server 2000 on my development machine, but would like to install SQL Server 2005 on the same machine without upgrading. Is it possible?
Yep.
bosox04 wrote:
Any one know the solutions? or any article?
Just install it and give it a different name.

***********************
Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
0
ndinakar
2/23/2006 10:24:32 PM
Yes, provided they are the same license types. I used to have SQL
Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on my machine. When I tried to install
SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition I got some kind of license conflict
error. I had to deinstall 2000 before I could install 2005.
0
pcdanno