Inserting DateTime from web server with en-AU into database server with en-US

Hi there,

How when I am using ADO.net can I pass a C# .Net DateTime object with en-AU culture to a en-US db server? i.e. can I set the culture of a DateTime object? I know I can do the DateTime.Now.ToString(new culture("en-US")) but that only converts it to a string. I want to be able to set the Culture of my DateTime object prior to passing it into the Stored Proc.

Cheers
Rob
0
rcfearn

Hi rcfearn,

You could specify the format when you convert a string/datetime to a new datetime with "Convert.ToDateTime" method. Please check the samples and details in this link.

Thanks.

David Qian
Microsoft Online Community Support

Wencui

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

how to connect from web server to database server.
In my client’s site, there is two server: database server (computer name : abc) and web server(computer name : xyz). In database server, there is a folder call TestDB which I put the database in this folder. For security reason, we can not make folder TestDB share in the network. That is too say, web server can not access folder TestDB.   And I develop the web program need to connect the database on the database server. In my web.config setting, I have this line as the connect string.   <add key="TestDB" value="Provider=PervasiveOLEDB;Data Source= TestDB;Location=abc" >&...

Web Server and Database Server separated
Hi, Here is the scenario. Our website is hosted by hosting company. We plan to host the database at our office. The website connects to our database at our office. Is this possible? Is there a performance issue? Thanks. Dennis That certainly is possible. Things to take into mind, you have a open connection to your database server to anyone on the intranet, so you have to secure the connection via firewall and IP access control list. You might also think about creating a Web Service at the location where your database is for the application on hosts machine to access your data. Connectio...

How to pull data from a remote server to the web server. Initiated by the web server session.
Hello.I am brand new to asp.net. Just starting to do web development. However I do have extensive software experience developingapplications on local networks, mobile devices, vb.net, vb.net remoting,etc. Here is the senario:    Bob delivers bottled water to several hundred accounts.    Bob keeps all information regarding his accounts in an    SQL server located at site A.  Bob has an ASP.net application    hosted on a web server at site B.  Bob wants to allow his     accounts to log in to the web serve...

Database server and web server on differen machines
Can I run web pages on Linux Mandriva 2006 (PHP + sqlanywhere module) and connect to a 9.02 database server that is on a different machine (LAN), also Linux? I think php-XXX_sqlanywhere9.so needs some .so dependencies... How can I configure this? Thanks ...

send pdf from database server to web server
hi there,my problem..i have reporting services on database server (e.g. mydbserver), so my url for rendered pdf report is:http://mydbserver/ReportServer?/MyReports/SampleReport&rs:Format=PDFeverything go well..but i need to switch url or send pdf to my web server (different IIS, no RS installed there)..i don`t access to my database server by url because of security..i have already tried change TargetServerURL to my web server the error "a connection could not be made to the report server"thanx a lot, risho You can install SSR on the web server. That way it just queries the db...

Using Web server controls & Marshelling b/w client browser and web server(database).
hi, I am new to asp.net. I have a question about Marshelling b/w client browser and web server(database). I heared that it is better to minimize going back and forth b/w client browser and the server.This will increase performance and improve scallability. With asp.net, using server controls. It seems every action at the client browser require a trip to the server, for instance, page_load ( to fill combo boxes), or the event of the combo boxes to fill other dependant combo box. or when using the server validation controls. What I am trying to get into ...

unable to start debugging on the web server. the web server did not respond in a timely manner. this may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server.
When i start debugging, it looks like it's going to work and the VS toolbars change to show the debugging toolbar options. However the cursor changes to the "busy" cursor and vista 'ghosts out' VS 2008 indicates that it's "not responding" in the title bar. The web browser never starts up and if you I it several minutes I get the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server did not respond in a timely manner. This may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server." HOWEVER, if you then im...

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!
Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!  I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0; How? run the below command on Command Prompt. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i Hope it will work. Regards,  Ather Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi,...

using my sql server express 2005 database on my web server
Hello, I appologie for asking what is possibly  very simple question, but here goes. I have been trying for a while to upload one of my database projects that I have created in Visual web developer to my web host. However every time I try and run the remote version I get the following error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Loca...

Split Database server and Web server across two machines
Hi Why is this recommended to increase performance ? Does it matter if the two machines are not compatible ?   Thanks in advance If one machine cannot act as both web server and database server because of excessive CPU or lack of memory, then moving off the database server to a box with plenty of RAM will help. Depending on how session state is being handled it is possible to add additonal web servers all usign the one database, thus producing a web farm. >Does it matter if the two machines are not compatible ? In what way not compatible?Don't forget to click &q...

Web resources about - Inserting DateTime from web server with en-AU into database server with en-US - asp.net.object-datasource

Inserting Kate
jurvetson posted a photo: the speaking GPS avatar that we came to love.. more prep photos below... You can hear her voice in the video compilation ...

Inserting the Galaxy Note 5’s S Pen backwards can permanently damage the device
One of the features Samsung highlighted when it unveiled the Galaxy Note 5 was the device's new S Pen slot design. The Note 5 features a spring-loaded ...

Inserting Slavery Into The Climate Debate
Chris Hayes compares the fight against fossil fuels to the abolitionist movement. He states plainly that “there is absolutely no conceivable ...

Samsung smart TVs inserting ads into third-party apps
... playback have pissed off a number of consumers. People with smart TVs from Samsung have been complaining that the electronics maker is inserting ...

Inserting images into Gmail could be so much better
When Google first launched the new compact compose window in Gmail, many of you might have noticed something annoying about inserting images. ...

Gawker tells Steven Crowder to "stop whining, take your licks, and accept that getting hit in the face ...
"... in the middle of an argument between billionaire-funded know-nothing ideologues and people whose livelihoods and stability are being threatened ...

Gmail's Shortcut for Inserting Hyperlinks
... but that doesn't mean Google shouldn't improve them. Many people complained that Gmail's rich text editor doesn't have a shortcut for inserting ...

Why Hollywood Is Inserting These Two Huge Chinese Actresses Into Its Summer Blockbusters
... It shows the enormous potential in China for distributors. We've previously discussed how Hollywood is starting to cater to China by inserting ...

Samsung SmartTVs are inserting ads into movies - Business Insider
Random Pepsi pop-up ads have been appearing when SmartTV users watch content through the device's third-party apps.