importing Excel

Hi

i want to read data from an excel file.
I can retrieve the different worksheets,and load the data into a table. So far so good.
some of the work sheet have in the first row numeric values. Because the first row becomes the columnname this results into a problem.
All nummeric fields become F1,F2,F3 .... fieldnames is there a way to get the numeric fieldnames a columns ?
kind regards
piet
0
pietswieb

Import excel data from Microsoft excel to SQL Server usin C sharp .net
Hi Could anyone help me with the sample code in C sharp to import data from excel to SQL server 2005 using C sharp. I have a table called Accounting Calendar ACCT_DATE with 10 columns I have the excel file called example.xls with the same column name as in SQL Server.Please help me with the sample code in C sharp Thanks      Here's a simple way to do it without the need to have excel installedhttp://davidhayden.com/blog/dave/archive/2006/05/26/2973.aspx Hope this helpsJaime Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That wa...

Excel as import to vb.net?
Has anyone experimented with using excel files as import to a vb.net app? I have a user who is ... reluctant to give up his personal sheets... Thanks! MVP...

Excel Object Library in .NET
How do I import and use the Excel Object Library in .NET? Specfically I want to use the formula in .NET....

Importing complex Excel file into .Net
Greetings, I have an Excel file that has calculations galore. I want to import and have the same functionality of this file in .Net and be able to download it to an Excel file from the browser. Has anyone done this? I can export to xml but have yet to figure how to bind it to the MS Office Spreadsheet Object found in the toolbox of VB.Net. Please help :) thx and Happy Coding Ed...

Replace the .NET 1.1 Behavior-Object with the .NET 2.0 Tag-Object , How to?
Hello, to set the Style - Attribute of my custom controls tag in source view from within its designer i use now the following code:Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("Left", false, val, true);This works fine but my visual studio 2005 / asp.net 2.0 says that the Behavior object is obsolete. The recommended alternative is the Tag object. But when i use it to set the Style attribute it doesn't work . I can set all other attributes or even create new ones using this Tag object but it does'nt work for the style attribute at all. What am i doing wrong? If I can't set the style attribute in my custom contr...

VB.NET and Excel Application object problems
My Goal: To read/ write and access Excel files that are uploaded using the Excel.Application object The scenario: In my VB.NET project I do the following Dim oExcel As Object oExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application") I have added the Excel.exe as the reference to the project from C:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftOffice\Office11\Excel.exe [my local machine] I have Office 2003 runnning on my machine. NOTE: I am running the project remotely. My remote work machine has .NET installed. All files and projects are located on the server. Server does not have any...

How to Import data from Excel into MS SQL in .Net?
Hi, I'm building a web application in VB.NET 1.1 where users will upload Excel files at this webpage and the web application will transfer the data from the uploaded Excel file into MS SQL 2000. There are around 600-700 records and about 56 columns in the Excel file which is to be uploaded daily. There will be a few different files which I need to implement for as well.  I've sourced for and tried alot of methods. But either they can't satisfy my requirements or they just can't simply work. - Most simple and direct way I've tried is creating a oledb connection to...

Object Datasource and Custom Object
Hey, I have an object datasource that populates a detailsview.  I know how to update the changes using a BLL method like so: public static UpdateUser(string Username, string Surname); However I would like to use the objects update() method ive created that essentially calls: public static UpdateUser(User user); The question is, how do I access the fields that are contained within the details view?  im guessing .FindControl() but i dont have the ID.  the other way I suppose is to itterate through all the controls within in it?  there must be a better way though? The ...

Gridview Search Without Object Datasource Filter ParametersGridview Search Without Object Datasource Filter Parameters
Couple weeks ago I read a article about highlighted search in Gridview  (http://blog.evonet.com.au/post/2008/06/25/Gridview-with-highlighted-search-results.aspx) and in my project I used things I learned but now things changed I have a gridview and in code I give its datasource so because I dont use any objectdatasource I dont know where to write my filtering parameters. Is there anyway to use filtering without objectdatasource, or is there a way to give objectdatasource an source then bind it to my gridview. My code:  //No objectdatasource how can I conduct a search?GridView1.Da...

Excel object close in vb.net(windows application)
In my project am using Excel. i want to close excel object.Any one give me idea.i used xlapp.quit and Marshel.ReleaseComObject(xlapp). Everthing i used. stil i have problem in object close. Hi indraraj, You can try the following method. You should release all com object, and recollect the resource by using the "GC.Collect()". public   void   GCEXCEL()     {     //collect the com componet.    if   (xlapp   !=   null)     {     if   (xlbooks   !=   null)     {     i...

For Windows application in vb.net
I'm creating an Excel object in VB.Net(windows application). The following error happens: An unhandled exception of type 'System.Security.SecurityException' My code is: Dim xlApp As New Excel.Application() 'This line causes the trouble Dim xlBook As Excel.Workbook Dim xlSheet As Excel.Worksheet xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add() xlSheet = xlBook.Worksheets.AddWhat should I do in this case? Thanks in advance. It's been a while since I automated Excel, but I seem to remember this issues: Excel / Office had to be installed on the server.(ob...

Is it possible to import data from excel worksheet to a datawindow object?
DW can export data to excel file( save as ), can PB import data from excel worksheet to a datawindow object? If can, how to import? Thanks a lot! Hi, users can do a save as to a tab delimited txt file in excel. use then dw_1.Importfile to import the data in a datawindow object. Look up the importfile (datawindows) function in the help file. HTH John > DW can export data to excel file( save as ), can PB > import data from excel worksheet to a datawindow object? > If can, how to import? > > Thanks a lot! > > If you are looking for an aut...

does dw.net 2.x support object datasource
does dw.net 2.x support object datasource thanks vsv No. That is something we are looking at for version 3.0. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 3 Aug 2007 12:33:46 -0700, "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >does dw.net 2.x support object datasource > >thanks >vsv > with mapping to Linq & entity framework? or DatwindowObject Source by itself. thanks vsv "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message news:8u57b39g068kbrs7d8rd82f24sem4cn8dp@4ax.com... > No. That is something we are looking at ...

Cannot create ActiveX Object (Excel) in visual studio.net 2003
Hi. I was able to develop a program that calls on a PDF writer (Neevia.com's docuPrinter SDK at http://www.neevia.com) to open and convert a Microsoft Excel file in ASP.net WebMatrix. However, I'm supposed to make it to Visual Studio.net 2003. I was able to move all the VB codes into the pages' code-behind, but except for this thing: Private Sub createpdf(ByVal fname As String)Dim farr() As String = fname.Split(".")Dim docToConvert As String = fnameDim DPSDK As Object = CreateObject("docuPrinter.SDK")DPSDK.DocumentOutputFormat = "PDF"DPSDK.DocumentOutputName = Path.GetFileName(farr(0))...

Importing Complex Excel file into a DataGrid or MS Office Spread Object
Greetings Everyone, I have an Excel file that has calculations galore. I want to import and have the same functionality of this file in .Net and be able to download it to an Excel file from the browser. Has anyone done this? I can export to xml but have yet to figure how to bind it to the MS Office Spreadsheet Object found in the toolbox of VB.Net. Please help :) thx and Happy Coding Ed...

Web resources about - importing Excel - asp.net.object-datasource

Viral Channels: Hi5 Adds Contact Importing to App Invite Flow
... social networking platform I’ve seen, hi5 announced tonight that it is adding the ability for users to invite non-hi5 friends to apps by importing ...

YouTube - iPad importing photos from floppy disk.
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

Tony Abbott considers importing US-style school program with private industry involvement
Tony Abbott is considering an unprecedented Americanisation of the school education system with radical changes that could see HECS-style fees ...

Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer
Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer

Sydney grandmother Lorn Cheng arrested for allegedly importing heroin in 252 pellets
Brenda filed a missing persons report last Friday, concerned that her mother hadn't returned from a holiday in Cambodia when she said she would. ...

Importing more fads from failed systems
Fast-tracking talented professionals into the classroom is yet another imported fad from England and the US - both of which are failed education ...

Mark Clermont sentenced to life in jail for importing drugs worth $260 million inside road roller
A judge has praised police for preventing cocaine and methylamphetamine with a street value of $260 million reaching the streets of Sydney and ...

Hong Kong man charged with importing 150kg of crystal methamphetamine into Sydney
A Hong Kong national is charged with importing 150 kilograms of ice following a joint-agency investigation in Sydney.

Man, 91, charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap boxes into Australia
A 91-year-old Sydney man has been charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap into Australia, prompting police to warn travellers to beware ...

Adobe updates Photoshop Express for Android with blemish removal tool, RAW importing, more
Adobe has actively been rolling out new and powerful tools for mobile platforms in recent months including Lightroom Mobile for iPad followed ...