how to copy one database entries to another database

hi i have a windows based application and a web based application. the database of windows based application and web based application are same but located on different machiene. like windows based application is located on local machiene and web based databased is located on another machiene. Now my prob is that after inserting all the entries in local database i want to copy these entries to web database using my windows application on single click of the button. but i have no idea about it. how could i do this. Thanks in adwance.
0
nt

well you have to create a DTS id ur using sql 2000 or SSIS in 2005 and run it from your application

check this might help

http://blogs.msdn.com/michen/archive/2007/03/22/running-ssis-package-programmatically.aspx

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/reporting-services/DataImportMergeAuditSSIS.aspx

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
0
etariq

Coping Database objects from one database to another blank database.
I want to create a duplicate database   in sql 2000 using asp.net from a webform I created a database using CREATE DATABASE ....... But how to copy tables, views, stored procedures to newly created database from old using asp.net from webform Is there any another method to create a duplicate database with another name from existing database on same server ? yes you can do have another DB with different name and that has everything the same .....!!!Fadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchising.com One way it can be done is with...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

copying tables from one database to another database
i am using visual web developer 2005 and SQL Express 2005 with VB  as the code behindi have two databases . i want to copy all the tables with all the contents from one database to another database programaticallyhow to achieve this ?please help me  easiest way is to use the detach - attach method or backup and restoreKH...

How to copy table from one database to another database ?
Hello to you, I'm uisng pb8 How to copy some rows from customer table in (ABC database) to customer table in (XYZ databases) the selection row is : select * from customer where startdate = 2002-06-15 Please show me the code, step by step steven On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:30:37 -0400, steven wrote: >Hello to you, >I'm uisng pb8 > >How to copy some rows from customer table in (ABC database) to customer >table in (XYZ databases) > >the selection row is : >select * from customer where startdate = 2002-06-15 > >Please show me the code...

How to copy a table from one database to another database ?
Hello to you, I'm newbie using pb8.02 I'm uisng ms-access 2000 I'd database abc & xyz that contains customer table I want to copy some record on abc.customer to xyz.customer How ? What is the easy way ? should I using datawindow ? (i meant should I always had dw to got this purpose ? ) please advice steven DataWindow purists will flinch, but I think an embedded SQL INSERT INTO xyz.customer (SELECT ... FROM abc.customer) is the clearest way to do that. Two datawindows/datastores, retrieve the first, RowsCopy, Update on the second will also work. Pi...

How to write a stored procedure to copy the data from one database to another database
 I want to copy the data from one database to another database every 12 hrs.(This is variable). Say for example I have 3 applications and I want to copy the data from Parentdatabase1 and insert into CopyofParentdatabase1 for every 6 hrsParentdatabase2 and insert into CopyofParentdatabase2 for every 8 hrsParentdatabase3 and insert into CopyofParentdatabase3 for every 12 hrsI have heard that we can do this by using SQL Server Integration Services but as of now we cannot use SSIS. So I want to do this using Stored procedures. Is there a way to schedule the batch job for to run all these stored procedures at the specified time. The above mentioned times may change. So this should pull up these duration hrs from some place.If there is a way to copy all these data using stored procedures and can schedule these batch jobs using Sql Server management studio, then any one help me or guide to write  storeprocedure and creating that batch job Thanks You should Creat A DTS or SSIs Packages to do this its faster A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.__________________________________________________Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.  HI,   You can create a DTS package for copy the database to another db. You can also schedule these DTS package for regular intervals.Both steps you can do it using Enterprise Manager itself.  -Sri-------------------------------------------------If this post...

import one table from one database to another database
if i have one table from database A, and i want to copy the table to database B, then how to do it in SQL server management studio express? is it i have to make sql query?Taj FreewarezNo limitations...It is not a shareware...It is simply free :)http://tajfreeware.blogspot.com try      select * into databaseB.dbo.TableA            from databaseA.dbo.TableA or go to database B and run   select * into TableA              from databaseA.dbo.TableA...

Copying Database table to another Database
I am using Visual Studio 2005 to connect to a database on a remote SQL2000 server.  I need to copy a table in a database on my local machine up to the server.  How can I do that? Thank you, Do you have enterprise manager or sql management studio?If so do use the Import/Export wizard to copy the table from A to B. -- Sam Critchley"Wise man say 'forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza." - TMNTshivam.com.au no - I have Access 2007 and it is nothing like Access 2000 which made this act easy   Part of my problem is that I am using V...

copy of table from another database into your database
We copy a table from a progress database into our sql server database that we use as a read-only table.  We perform this action through a job. Is there a way to have a read only table from another database that is put into your database that will always be insinc with the original copy to use as a read only copy, that as the original table is updated, it will proprogate to your copied table? Would setting up a package to import the data from the other database on a schedule work?  In SQL Server, you can do an import and you have the option to save the import as a package and schedule it to run at your discretion.    If you require the tables be kept in sync, then the easiest way would be to use a link from the source to the destination server, and have triggers on the source populate the destination. This does carry a performance penalty, of course.   A more performant solution would be to have the triggers on the source write their updates to an update table on the same database, and poll it for changes every 5 minutes or so, but you're not guaranteed to have the DBs in sync then....

how to copy one table from one database to another on different servers?
 Hello. I need to copy all of the rows in a table from a database on one server, to another existing table of the same name in a different database on a different server.  I'm trying to use a SELECT INTO statement.  Any idea how to do this?I've tried SELECT          *   INTO                  DestinationServer.dbo.DestinationDB.DestinationTableFROM             &nb...

Table transfer from one Database to another Database
Hi,I want to transfer one table to transfer another table using dataset and writing ASP.NET code, tables are in different databases, and databases are in different servers. I wrote the following code, the second table is empty initially; public DataSet DS1;public DataSet DS2;public SqlDataAdapter DA2; private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e){ // get dataset from database1 and display in gridSqlConnection conn1 = new SqlConnection("server=(local);database=;Uid=;password="); String strSQL1 = "select * from myTable1"; SqlDataAdapter DA1 = new SqlDataAdapter(strSQL1,conn1...

MySQL DataTransfer from one database to another database
Hi , I've two database in mysql and I want to transfer data from my database to another database.   what is the System to do so. http://www.Net4developers.com http://www.AjaxSpider.com    A k Vermahttp://www.Net4Developers.com If you couldn't just transfer database files, you can script your database (script table definitions and table data) and run SQL script on your target server....

Copy one database to another
Hi      I want to Copy one database to another in MSAcess i am using asp.net, C#  and copy all tables from one database to another.     Regards Neha Probably the easiest way is to simply use the classes in the System.IO namespace to copy the mdb file.  If you only want the structure, and not the data, iterate the tables in the copy database and DELETE * from them.  Have a look at Jet Replication Objects for compacting and repairing the copy database afterwards: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/mdbcompact_latebind.aspx Regards Mi...

Copying information from One table to Another from 2 different databases on one server
Can I copy accross databases e.g.: In MS SQL I can: Insert into Database2..customer select * from Database1..customer Thanks in Advance Yes you can. The syntax in Sybase is same. The syntax is the same if you are on ASE. ASA does not support that syntax. You need to use a Proxy table instead. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

How to Import the data form One database to another database ?
Hi All i populate 2 datawindows in diffrent databases(one is pardox another is delphi database) we r going to merge the 2 database table fields which r equal at that time i need this database to be stored to Third database when button click i want to import the data in third database(any other like oracle or access sybase) ThanQ vasu Vasu; Yes, this is possible, but first - How are you populating the first 2 DW's? Also, Is their structure (columns) the same? What release of PB are you using? regards ... Chris "venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:1DNCjZqoCHA.155@forums.sybase.com... > Hi All > > > i populate 2 datawindows in diffrent databases(one is pardox another is > delphi database) > we r going to merge the 2 database table fields which r equal at that time > i need this database to be stored to Third database > > when button click i want to import the data in third database(any other like > oracle or access sybase) > ThanQ > vasu > > Mannually(Via script...) populate 3rd(DS) connected to 3rd Database and issue an Update() statement that will actually do an Inserts into the 3rd DB table? hth Have you tried using a Pipeline? It works really well. Adrian "venu" <pkkrao1@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:1DNCjZqoCHA.155@forums.sybase.com... > Hi All > > > i populate 2 datawindows in...

Copying users from one database to another
I am using SQLAnywhere and PB 6.0. Each quarter we plan on distributing the latest and great version of our database to our customers. The dilema I am having is that each customers verison has unique users. I am dont want to make them re enter thier users every quarter. But I cant think of a good way to copy all the users AND their passwords from one version of database to the next. One option would be that I could store the users password in my own tables, but I would prefer not having to do that. Does anyone know of a way to copy users intact from one database to another? Bob ...

copying a table from one database to another
Hey in query analyzer, how do you copy a table form one db to another db i thort it was something like select * into dbo.databaseA.tableNew from dbo.databaseB.tableOld cheers  insert into databaseA..tableNew select * From databaseb..tableOld   The difference between SELECT INTO and INSERT INTO is that with INSERT the table must already exist. SELECT INTO creates a new table. Your original query looked okay, assuming that you wanted a new table tableNew. What error were you getting? You might also have a permissions problem since you are going from one database to a...

How to copy data from one database to another
Hi, I want to update the data from one sqlanywhere database to another sql anywhere database. I know we can do this in other databases like Oracle and Sybase. How I can do this in SQLANYWHERE version 5.5.04 build 1867. Any help would highly appreciated. Thanks You can use the OUTPUT and INPUT statements that are part of ISQL. For better raw performance you can use UNLOAD TABLE and LOAD TABLE which are server commands (sent to the server 'via' isql but there server does all the reading and writing). &q...

Copying databases from one computer to another
Is there a way to copy all the tables/storeprocedure and the lot from one computer to another, copying the scripts or sometime? Hi, if you only need the tables structure and the stored procedures, you can script the datatabase; if you want tha data you can backup the database and restores it in the other computer....

Copying data from one database to another
Hi! I'm looking for the way to copy data from one database to another. Both databases are SQL Anywhere. Destination database = source database + new tables + new columns. Destination database has different structure then the source one. It can have new tables, new columns. For copying data I must use RTDSK50.EXE (SQL Anywhere). Mechanism of copying data must be integrated with our program. When user upgrades our program (he does it by Internet) he also must upgrade database. We must copy his data to a new upgraded database. Joanna Have you looked at using a pipeline obj...

Copy a table from a one database to another
Hi. I need to copy a table from one database to another with all the records the first has, but when I use the pipeline in the powerbuilder enviroment it only copy the table with no records. Is there any way to use the pipeline to append the records from a table that is in a diferent database. Any help would be apreciated. Hi, AFAIK, you can use the pipeline object to do this. One of the options of the pipeline object is 'Append'. HTH -- - Met vriendelijke groet, Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands http://ourworld.compuserve...

Copy table from one database to another
Hi, I need to create a exe, that will copy some columns from one table (present in DB1)  to another table (present in DB2). I need to do in C#. I got no idea from where to start. Can someone please help me out. Thanks in advance. I'm missing how this is Web related (Asp.Net)? Hi amp0201, You can execute this sql: SELECT * INTO TableTemp FROM Table http://www.sqlservercurry.com/2008/03/copy-table-from-one-database-to-another.html  Thanks,Qin Dian TangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they ...

Copy tables from one database to another?
Hello there, Is there an easy way to copy alle tables from one database to another?I have not really tried to create tables or copy or something like that, so i dont even know if its possible?Hope some of you can help me, ----------------Regards,Jeppe Richardt Hey you could use SQL Bulkcopy:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqlclient.sqlbulkcopy(VS.80).aspx Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

copy database from one server to another
Hi: I have a MSSQL 2005 database in current server, since we are going to shift to another server, I need to copy the database to the new server for testing. Can you please let me know what is the best way to do that? I have tried to use detach and attach, or "back up the database and then restore on the other server.", but seems not working for me. I want step by step instruction since I am pretty new for the DB migration. Thanks. Jt Hello Jt, Do you know why the detach/attach and backup/restore are not working properly? They are created to do these kind of actions. H...

Web resources about - how to copy one database entries to another database - asp.net.object-datasource