from Visual Studio .NET to Visual studio 2005 (VB)

Good evening, i hame one quistion about diffrenece Visual studio 2005 and older version.

In Visual studio .NET to work with table from data base i do next steps:

1. Create new connection to data base in data explorer

2. Push my table from data explorer to my form, and master automatically create two components (SqlConnection and SqlDataAdapter)

3. Add to from new object - Dataset for transering data to client application (i amke a web service) and execute command from menu Data | Generate DataSet, then in Dialog box i Add this dataset to the designer

That's it

The quistion is how to do this steps in Visual studio 2005.

how to create connection is clear, but i can't push table to designer.

0
Caesar32
12/19/2008 9:27:50 PM
📁 asp.net.object-datasource
📃 16182 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2000 Views

You will have to do this using   Data from the toolbar and then select add new DataSource

MVP ASP/ASP.Net
MVP ASP/ASP.Net
mudassarkhan
12/20/2008 7:31:10 AM

 You mean that i have to add BindingSource and set DataSource Proporites?

I try it and get error: Value does not fall within expected range

And what about second step? i can't pull table from server explorer and i can't find components SqlDataAdapter and SqlConnection in ToolBox. I have only 5 components in Data ToolBox. They are :DataSet DataGridView BindingSource BindingNavigator ReporViewer, so i don't have components to work with SQL server.

0
Caesar32