from MS Access to MS SQL help!

hi there, i have a website that runs off of MS access, but i feel its time it is out growing it, so i want to move everything to MS SQL, how can i convert my DB (there is about 18 tables, data is not important) and then can i just switch over my data sources on my pages by adding in a line or two of code or do they all require re doing?

Jez

Jeremy Huson
Senior Network Engineer
Carden Computers - PC Repair Brighton
0
jezh

Give the new Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access a spin:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/solutions/migration/default.mspx

0
wisecarver

MS Access, MS SQL Express, MS SQL when you should use wich version?
Hi, I'm planning to make a website for a in first part a small user group. There needs to displayed some data in the database.But because the hostings party advices Acces.I like MS SQL Express more, because the size of the visitors is getting very big. The meaning of the project is to make a big website for the complete country. But i can use Access, it works, but does anyone know till how much visitors you can use access, and MS SQL Express ?Of course MS SQL is very nice, but its also very heavy to get a licence.The website is made for free and we need to run it in spare time, also for...

Converting an OLE object from MS Access To MS SQL Server
I'm need to either: 1. access a OLE object (MS Word Doc) in MS Access. 2. convert an OLE object (MS Word Doc) in MS Access to MS SQL Sever. I've been having little luck with either. Any good suggestions or alternatives. Thanks In Advance, Mark S. Hi Ya Mark - I'm still plugging away here at the Access Group. Is your problem that you can't open the object from within Access? If not, perhaps you don't have the right MS software installed. I have had some problems opening Word95 docs that have been saved in Access from my Word97 PC. Is ...

(RAM) ms access ole object to MS SQL Server blob
Environment: MS Access 2.0 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Powerbuilder 8.02 Windows XP Problem: 1. I am trying to pipe data from an table that is in Access 2.0 into another table on MS SQL Server 2000. Although I have unique keys in the table and there is a blob defined in the SQL Server 2000 table the menu item that allows you to add blob fields to your pipeline is never available so I decided to write embedded sql data to update the blob data fields with the data in the MS Access table. 2. Okay so now I have the following script as a window function but when the selec...

Help convert MS Access function to MS SQL User Defined Function
I have this function in access I need to be able to use in ms sql.  Having problems trying to get it to work.  The function gets rid of the leading zeros if the field being past dosn't have any non number characters.For example:TrimZero("000000001023") > "1023"TrimZero("E1025") > "E1025"TrimZero("000000021021") > "21021"TrimZero("R5545") > "R5545"Here is the function that works in access:Public Function TrimZero(strField As Variant) As String   Dim strReturn As String   If IsNull(strField) = True Then      strReturn = "" ...

Help with obtaining MS SQL Server and MS Access license for new hosting operation
Hello Everyone,We're in the process of starting a new web hosting business for the ASP.NET and Classic ASP marketplace.We're confused as to how to acquire MS SQL Server 2000 and MS Access 2000 licenses.  We want to offer our customers the choice between using MS Access or MS SQL Server.  Can we just buy MS Access and use it or is there a specific license under the SPLA?Any information to help our research will be really appreciated.Thanks.Anthony. Can we just buy MS Access and use it or is there a specific license under the SPLA?You need to do NOTHING for access. Access RUNTIME (...

MS Access SQL migration to MS SQL Server TSQL
got some MS Access SQL Code that needs converting into TSQL: SELECT dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID, dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName, Sum(IIf(IsNull([CompletionDate]),0,1)) AS Completed, Count([pkServiceID])-Sum(IIf(IsNull([CompletionDate]),0,1)) AS Uncompleted, Count(dbo_MyServiceRequests.pkServiceID) AS TotalCount FROM dbo_qryMyServices LEFT JOIN dbo_MyServiceRequests ON dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID = dbo_MyServiceRequests.PostType GROUP BY dbo_qryMyServices.FormsServiceID, dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName ORDER BY dbo_qryMyServices.ServiceName; because it's Access and got V...

MySql Or MS Access or MS Sql
Hi, I want to know, that is MS Access or MySql more efficient and why. And i have a confusion.. is MySql db server a free server or we have to buy it to use. As i think implementing MS Sql server will cost me more, which one of the above is a better solution in that case. Thanks, imran.U and I Solutions,http://www.uandisolutions.com Hi, MySql would be ideal for you since MS Access doesn't provide all the flexibilities of relation database. Mysql can be downloaded from this <a href="http://dev.mysql.com/downloads">Link<a/> Hope it helps. Thanks....

MS SQL Server to MS Access
I have DNN 3.x working with MS SQL Server.  Is there a prescribed way of converting to MS Access?  Currently,  there is no DataProvider for MS Access from DNN Core ...

MS SQL Server 2005 to MS Access
Hello...I have one big problem with this kit: my hoster doesn't provide a MS SQL database support so i can't even try this example. It is possible to convert SQL Server database (mdf) to MS Access database (mdb)??  It's not easy to migrate this particular kit over to Access, as it relies on stored procedures, which Access doesn't support.  That means you would have to re-write the DAL at the very least.  You can replicate the basic stored procs as saved queries, but anything that returns a value, or contains any type of control of flow code (such as if... els...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Help with MS Access in .net
Here is another that boggles me why Microsoft makes certain applications not user firendly.  I am working with a project for an Internship, small enough to use Access for the database.  Is there any possible way to manipulate text in the database so that it displays easy on the eye for example:  I need to display different pager numbers and would like to display it through a gridview like the following example: column                      display Problem Primary &nb...

MS SQL through MS Access using DBI:ODBC
Hi When connecting an MS SQL database from MS Access it is necessary to use the option dbSeeChanges with db.openrecordset. This is ok when using Visual Basic but is it possible to access the data using DBI:ODBC. Win2000 MS SQL version 7 MS Access 97 perl 5.005 (build 509) W32ODBC.pm,v 10.1 1998/08/14 Thanks. Ian ...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

MS-SQL 7 to MS-SQL 2000
With Enterprise Manager, how can I convert a database from MS-SQL 7 to MS-SQL 2000 Thanks. Do you have Books Online? There is a topic in there called "Upgrading Databases from SQL Server 7.0 (Copy Database Wizard)" which will tell you how to do it. Terri Terri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question Create a staging database to deal with issues before moving to the destination database. We still have some 7.0 and 2000 running. The process is test a lot then deploy. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Gift PeddieKind regards,Gift Peddie thanks guys...

Web resources about - from MS Access to MS SQL help! - asp.net.object-datasource

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Biometric company’s lawsuit accuses Apple of underhand tactics to gain access to heart-rate tech for ...
... – whose technology is licensed by iRiver, LG, Sony and others – has filed a lawsuit accusing Apple of using underhand tactics to gain access ...

All-Access with Bruce Arians: Rest is for the bye week
Bruce Arians talked Monday about his team after it demolished the Packers 38-8, giving them their 13th win and keeping them alive for the NFC's ...

CMS 2017 Access standards are still soft
... a QHP issuer in a State would be required to ensure that a certain percentage of the potential enrollees residing in a county have access to ...

Mobile device access in schools to grow in 2016
... survey of K-12 technology leaders indicated waning enthusiasm for adoption of 1-to-1 mobile device programs where each student has access to ...

Google Gets Access To Your Kids’ Data Because It’s A “School Official”
... with scheduling? So it wouldn’t come as a surprise to most parents that “school officials” are on the list of entities who are allowed to access ...

(Updates) PSA: Steam is giving people access to random accounts, don't log in
... According to multiple Steam users on Twitter and NeoGaf (plus a hands-on report from Kotaku ), a problem with Steam's cache gave users access ...

Access geo-restricted content for the rest of your life
Access geo-restricted content for the rest of your life

CargillVoice: How a Partnership in Côte d'Ivoire is Providing Farmers with Access to Loans
By the CargillVoice Team A project addressing access to affordable funding for cocoa farmer cooperatives in Côte d’Ivoire, in the cocoa sector, ...

Steam Bug Gives Users Access To Other People’s Accounts And Personal Information
... Fake PS4s, bootleg Pokemon games, missing paychecks, and now this. A bug in a recent software update on Steam allowed users to gain access to ...